RivaTuner v2.06

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Yep, my fault. I never went in that part of RT because of my relatively poor english(technical), this very complicated for me to understand.
    Therefor I also didn't went reading those release notes. Ok then, I guess I have to do that.

By using 2.05 I can clock sli apparently but maybe again I'm wrong saying this, still learning.

I'm well under XP pro(sp2)

Thank you for bringing me the specific lines.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  2. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    I have Windows XP SP2 (all updates), 7800 GTX and 169.21 drivers.

RivaTuner 2.06 won't let me overclock. OC setting go back to defaults as soon as I close RivaTuner OC tab.

The only drivers that overclock for me are the ones RivaTuner supports in its database. All newer ones won't overclock...

3. Greg_1

Greg_1 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1gb
    Where is the self test ? In PowerUser I can disable it but there is nothing to disable

4. pmrdij

pmrdij Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB/XFX 4890 1GB
    i know that the 169.21's are not supported by 2.06 so the following is posted with the understanding that "tough ****" is a potential and understandable response. once again thanks Unwinder for all you do for our GPU's.

since installing the x64 169.21 driver release i noticed the absence of the "Test" option within the System Tweaks > Overclocking tab but for the first time i've seen the option to OC my SP's which is a nice trade off (Crysis sure does love me now with them at 1620), however, i can't get RT to switch between startup 2D and 3D application clocks --> it's got me held down to perma-OC or no OC at all from startup.

i uninstalled the previous driver along with RT 2.06 and then installed the 169.21 driver+RT with RT picking up all of the retained settings left behind during uninstallation. when i went to see if all was ok after rebooting the only oddity was that the SP's were being reported back at a number far above attainable under any circumstance (17xxx) but the Core and Mem were at their stocks. after unchecking the option to "Enable driver-level hardware overclocking"/applying and rechecking it/applying the figures were correct for everything and OC'ing was not a problem short of being unable to get it to switch between 2D and 3D clocks.

any suggestions as to how to overcome running my 625/1620/1050 OC at all times would be appreciated.

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

5. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

PowerUser - RivaTuner\OverClocking\Global

Viper

6. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

The 169 series drivers are fully supported by RT.

2D/3D split clock ability is broken in the 169 drivers.

Viper

7. Greg_1

Greg_1 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1gb
    The problem is I want to have the self-test, and how can I turn it on ?

8. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

Hmmm well since I have always turned the self test off first thing I didn't even notice it didn't run/work with the 169 drivers.

Viper

9. pmrdij

pmrdij Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB/XFX 4890 1GB
    there was an alert after launching RT that the driver in use was not officially 100% supported or something to that affect (i've been moving the last five days so forgive the memory if i am dead wrong) but if/if not that's not the source of the problem. thank you for the heads up on the 169's not having the split ability.

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

10. g0dM@n

g0dM@n New Member

Hey Viper! It's me g0dM@n from OCF (and many other places)... I just googled to find the answer and thanks for showing me. Just wanted to thank you. See ya and Happy Holidays!!

11. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Just a heads up to unwinder:

RivaTuner BSODS Hellgate: London. It has done the same thing on 3 different setups I have tested. Although I would not blame this on you as HG:L is THE most buggiest game of all time (EA anyone?).

12. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You do know thers a difference between Publishers and Devolpers??

Dont blame EA

Blame Flagship Studios

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    After a very long time having my copy of windows vista ultimate hiding and collecting dust in a box on my desk finnally i have reinstall it again and have a dual boot of xp pro and vista ultimate both x32bit , and vista its very stable as of today finally most of the bugs have ben iron out , Rivatuner v2.06 its working 100% perfectly on both of my OS , A must have tool for any gamer or overclocker. Thanks Unwinder for sharing with the community this awsome piece of software. A big thank you from the island of Puerto Rico in the caribbean.

chispy.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  14. messi19

messi19 New Member

A lot of time passed already! When RivaTuner v2.07 will go out???

15. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I won't expect in earlier than Feb 2008.

16. messi19

messi19 New Member

Thank you;) Questions are not present!

17. BangarangCrew

BangarangCrew New Member

8800 GTS 512 (XFX) - Rivatuner Lockups

Hi all,
    Just got my new GTS dropped it in and dl'd the latest Riva (2.06). I had it running for a few hours, then decided to update my drivers (169.09 came w/ the card, "upgraded" to 169.21). When I had restarted after all the uninstall/reinstall circus I tried to load Riva Tuner and it would not work. I can switch tabs, and select which monitor to tweak, but trying to select either of the two "customize" buttons causes Riva to immediately stop responding. In the power user tab I can select different categories but not modify them...it would seem that most of the buttons seem to cause it to lock up. Th computer functions properly though, Riva is the only thing affected.

I have experienced the infamous nv4 disp.dll infinite loop BSOD too only in COD2 though, Crysis and COD 4 work fine.

I have reverted to 169.09 and reinstalled Riva several times. I am at a loss for what to do and any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - I have done the .cfg edit as per Viper and Unwinder and it did work as advertised but I still cannot enter the driver level tweaks.

Any thoughts on what driver revisions to use, solving riva's apparent install problems on my rig and a good program to clean out old driver installs so that I could try to reinstall the drivers again would be greatly appreciated.

One final thought when I had Riva working, before I updated my drivers, I was using the monitoring...I did not try to OC at all, I went to load the ADT7473 plugin and I suspect that that might have something to do with it...I'm groping for answers more than anything else! :help:

System Specs:
    AMD 4200+ Windsor AM2 (OC'd to 2.5ghz on Zalman 9500)
    4x512mb Corsair DDR2 800 @ 844mhz 5-5-5-12
    Foxconn C51XEM2AA nForce 590 Sli
    WD 7200 rpm 80gb SATA
    WD 7200 rpm 320gb SATA
    OCZ GameXstream 600w PSU
    XFX Alpha Dog Edition G92 8800GTS

Thanks in advance! :bang:
    If one of you could tell me how to properly link a pic I can add screen shots of Riva and the problem areas.

18. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    hmm, although i'm running on an intel system i don't think this would make any difference at all. see my specs.

from the software point of view, i use 169.21, the latest riva and also loaded the ADT7473 plugin.

i just can't remember if i upgraded to 169.21 like you did, or if this was the first version i installed. could it be a problem with deinstalling the previous version?

may be not that much help at all, but want to let you know this software/driver versions are working here properly.

19. BangarangCrew

BangarangCrew New Member

Hi all,
    thanks for the help and the sweet program/guides/support, I manged to fix the issue by going to the power user tab and manually setting the system/current device ID to 1......dunno what that means, but it worked. Reinstalled riva and updated to 169.21 and no problems so far!

20. tm101

tm101 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D 7800GT @ 473/1134
    Unwinder, thanks for still releasing new versions of your very useful tool! :thumbup:

Too bad that you had so many troubles with the forum.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008