The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I ran 1024x768 everything HIGH. There is a box to select High and it sets everything to high. Game ran perfectly fine/smooth for me. Certainly didn't have stuttering anywhere other than the first few seconds after the map loaded.

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, you wouldnt, cos you were running it at a low resolution. Now try going back and running it at 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 ;)

3. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    ElementalDragon:thanks for letting me know , you really did simplify it...
    thanks alot for bothering to explain it that ways.. :D

Since it's so easy why not finish the game on brute.. :)
    If it's still easy for a champ like you then why not decrease your suite's armor from the console, plus you can also indrease the A.I's accuracy ,
    even better dont you think..

4. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Patches can certainly improve a games performance. With World in conflict minus its recent patches, i could only muster an avg of 18 fps running their in game benchmark. I use 1920x 1200 resolution on vista home premium 32bit after i installed the patch i averaged 42fps a big difference. The primary complaint from most users is with performance and you can bet they will address this issue as a priority with the upcoming patch.....

5. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Pretty sure that was a problem with the 8800 series cards itself, oh and WiC graphics aren't/weren't next-generation.

You people are so ignorant :p Accept the fact that Crysis is next-generation and more. No patch is going to fix that.

6. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I know already, it lags. Crysis and 8800GTS "320MB" is not going to run at that resolution with that detail in gfx. I knew that long before I even bought my 8800GTS because I wasn't going to get Crysis so it wasn't important. However, I run Unreal3 @ 1680x1050 MAXXED and it works like a charm without even a hiccup of video lag and on huge servers. Crysis is the "only" game I have video performance issues with. I will try it @ 1680 once I upgrade my RAM to 4GIG 800MHz, my CPU with a 6000 and I run Vista 64bit.

Come to think of it, I don't know what I am running COD4 at, but I know it's maxxed too.

offtopic: anyone see the lastest PC LAMER? They said AI was amazing... roflmao...idiots..Ya amazingly good aimbot. lmao...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    the gameplay, how it feels, everything aside from story/graphics/nano suit is just like farcry. for the most part its an evolution of farcry. without the nanosuit, you'd be playing it the exact same way you did in farcry. The A.I isnt a huge difference either. they hear/see and shoot/hide. also like farcry, i can kill an enemy simply by shooting him in the foot several times. since when can someone run around after bing shot in the foot let alone die from it. (alright, i'll pretend he's bleeding to death and drugged up on PCP)

8. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    I finally managed to get the game running smooth with DX9 and a modded conf file for very high settings with my new gfx cards at 1920 x 1080, 64 Bit. It looks so damn beautiful that I almost wet my pants. Lowest frame rates I saw was a short slow down to low 20ies in an ice level, normaly it stays between 30 and 40, even stays in the high 20ies to low 30ies in really heavy gunfights with explosions, falling trees, really many enemies etc. No lagging mouse, always fast responding. If someone is interested, here is the conf I use:
    http://freenet-homepage.de/emtip2004/Crysis_VeryHigh_Config.zip
    DX10 very high performance is really a bad joke compared to a modded DX9 conf. I know with DX10 there are even more effects, but the gap is close and the performance difference is big.
    Someone saying there is something almost close to this game (just talkin' about graphics) on the market hasn't seen this game in that kind of detail and resolution running smoothly, or compares it to a small indoor or outdoor world game. Comparing UT3 or COD4 with it is just ridiculous and stupid.

And that is not happening in which other game? Come on...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  9. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    lol , you trying to force the idea it's just like FarCry by removing every highlight from Crysis..

Every game is an evolution from PacMan , if I recall...
    Every new drawing of mine or video I edit is an evolution from something..
    Mass Effect was an evolution from Jade Empire...
    Yeah everything asides the story , graphics , interface.....

Naa , I cant see if your serious now..
    By saying that , your actully admitting there's a big difference but then your also saying if only it had more to it...

No way , you really said that !!
    What game doesn't have that , if I follow you correctly , your trying to say every games practically FarCry..

Ur saying people cant die from leg shots !!!
    Since when did we embraced the idea wearing a Nano suite was realistic , it's a game..
    It's supposed to be fun and tough to play...
    The creators of Crysis have given me alot I can call realistic , I'd excuse the idea asking for alot more , like proper animation for legshots etc..
    For all I know , the gun fights are realistic , there's alot of adrenaline during the fights...suffice to say thats alot more then I'd ask for..
    The whole ambiant feel to that is what draws me to realism...
    If we start nit picking games the way you do , I'm sure we'd be bashing ever title in existance..

10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    The only things that are realistic in this game are the graphics. Oh and the koreans die faster if you shoot their legs. Faster than if you would shoot them in the chest (now don't say that they have some über vests, the godly nanoguy would have some über gun).

11. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    You along with a few others just won a lottery ticket to this thread..
    congratulations.. :)

http://boardreader.com/t/System_Wars_634730/Crysis_sucks_57394.html

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Flukester: i hate to have to quote myself... especially since your comment regarding your Crysis performance compared to UT3's and CoD4's is only a few after the one i'm quoting.... but here it is anyway:

CoD4 is basically in the same category as UT3. pretty nice graphics, even though still nothing near Crysis...... not really any shrubbery.... little to no physics, except for ragdoll physics. Of course Crysis isn't going to perform as well as most other games released recently.

As for those talking about the hopefully soon-to-be upcoming patch and it's possibilities of increasing performance..... i'm betting it will. pretty sure i read somewhere that they said with every new build or update to the game (think this was even back in the beta stages around the time of the MP beta), they had a noticable performance boost as well.

Oh... and as it was said about the difficulty.... yep. every aspect of just about everything in the game can pretty much be modified.

Xendance: really? i know for a fact that they die the fastest if you shoot them in the head. and why the hell are you shooting at their legs? prone behind a train car much? Oh, and i find it's physics to be quite nice too... not just the graphics. Don't use them nearly as much as in HL2.... but still freakin sweet to mess with.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    didnt force, i expressed. there arnt very many highlights of crysis over farcry now is there. list how it is NOT like crysis and compare with the lengthy list of how it IS. theres your answer...an evolution

no, an evolution is not an inspiration nor a revolution. dictionaries are free to use btw.pacman is a revolution for its genre. its popularity, sales and sequals have nothing to do with evolution/revolution and a far-cry from any FPS game,you act as if pacman was the first video game or something. more likely crysis/farcry was inspired by movies and other first person perspective games...not pacman. might as well have mentioned chess if your goin that far.

having more to it is just a wish, a personal one...so i'm not serious that i wished the game had more?.... what does that have to do with the A.I.?

yes way, lots of games dont have that. COD4 doesnt..its all scripted behavior, Oblivion doesnt and its not even scripted, doom 3 doesnt...should i go on?...er i mean ..duh

foot shots, son, foot shots is what i said. this isnt a game of pixies and flying unicorns. its supposed to be a plausable realism of the year 2020. and most everything is plausable. theres a difference between realism and plausable. now if you could fly on a unicorn and attack aliens, thats not plausable, but i'm sure graphics could make it look realistic..that would be called a fantasy game....duh again.
    a nanosuit....plausable
    killing an alien with footshots...plausable
    kiling a human with footshots...fantasy
    surely you know all this, if your a kid i understand

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
  15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    xrc6: well.... i'm fairly certain you could easily kill someone by shooting them in the foot. there is that thing called blood loss. But seeing as Crytek/EA are the type that don't like " blood and ragdoll" mods, i doubt that blowing the enemies foot off would suit their fancy either.

And as for your generalization of "Crysis - nanosuit - story - graphics = FarCry"..... couldn't we technically do something along those lines with any game?

Half-Life 2 - story - graphics - setting - grav gun = FarCry
    Prey - story - graphics - setting = FarCry

The only things that make one FPS different from another.... is the one thing they have that no other game has, and where/when they take place. Would you have preferred if they had the game take place in the year 2020 in some station on Mars? probably not, because it's not plausible for that to happen within the next 12 years, ESPECIALLY with how well our space travel is going along. A rather deserted island makes sense for the story based on the fact that they're studying alien remains. Having it take place in a major city also wouldn't have made sense.

16. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    Where the hell is the bloody patch Crytek??? WTF are you guys working on?

It better be the mother of all patches. Because if we finally get it and install it, and the only noticable difference is the amount of clouds, im going to be so ticked!!!!!!!!

... Patch in 2 weeks my ass ...

17. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Forget about the patch. EA & Crytek took the month of December off for the holidays.

18. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Do you have any sources?

19. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    No, it's all sarcasm and speculation. I wouldn't doubt it though. There sense of urgency and lack of performance with this patch disappoints me. I know it takes time, but they never should have barked that they would have a patch done in 7-14 days... Well its been over 30 days, this is a blatant message that theirs more things messed up with this game than they initially thought.

20. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    I talk of pac man because it's probably more widely known , to people like me..
    Evolution has many meanings , your being linear with what ever meaning you have in mind..
    Every game evolves from another game , evolution can be driven by inspiration , you can take revolutionary steps to re-evolve...
    The point is , things do evolve either ways...
    I wasn't talking about how revolutionary Pac-Man was at it's time..
    I was basically trying to highlight the evolutionary process of gaming from then to now..
    I really am not in the habbit of explaining the simplist of things , I figured you'd get what I was trying to say...
    If you read what I said again , you'll understand what I was saying..
    I just said every game's an evolution ever since the first games came into existance..
    Yes , Chess too..
    I dont see why that's the issue..
    Crysis being an evolution from FarCry , so....your point would be !!
    CS or CSS being an evoltion of Half Life 1,2 !
    The first Car Racing game to PGR etc...
    I dont get why you'd find the idea of games evolving not good enough..
    So besically your bashing Crysis , simply becuase you dont think it's revolutionary..
    How certain are we of the fact that it's not ?
    Revolutionary graphically is it not !
    So it does cover revolutionary grounds does it not..
    I'd love to go no but then you'll think I've got something against you..
    You've got every right to stick to what ever u think is right..
    But that clearly doesn't mean your right......

There's alot to list , a sane mind wouldn't even bother..lol

Before I even bother , I'm not your son , secondly stop using the word kid , Your simply arrogant and ignorant...
    I'd quote you properly by answering every confusion in your head , clearly though I've realised it's a waste of my time...

In the real world people do die from footshots and some people do survie from head shots..

Killing an alien with footshots , plausible !!!
    Killing a human with footshots a fantasy !!!!
    And after you saying all that you still find the idea of flying on a unicorn attacking aliens not plausable...lol
    haha....your funny , I give up...
    Seriously you win...:grab:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.