The Oblivion Thread part deux

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Gromuhl'Djun, Mar 23, 2007.

1. mrfloydian1973

mrfloydian1973 Master Guru

GPU:
    1GB ATI HD4850
  2. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    These pictures are all great and everything but I'm just wondering...what exactly ARE you actually going to do with any of this besides cause people hell with downloading?

3. mrfloydian1973

mrfloydian1973 Master Guru

GPU:
    1GB ATI HD4850
  4. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    just got back into oblivion again...not sure why but felt like playing it...this time i went for a full on mage and its going pretty good with the help of frans and MMM.

5. panzer_baiken

panzer_baiken Member

GPU:
    BFG nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB OC2
    Okay, I just picked this game up (late, I know). I've installed the latest patch. Running 169.12 drivers. The problem is, whenever I start it up, it crashes before it even gets to the main menu. Every time. I've got all unnecessary processes stopped. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how did you fix it?

Oh, and running Vista 32-bit.

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Well, I've never had something that serious. Did you install any mods or is it on vanilla Oblivion?
    Did you already try other drivers? I don't use vista, so I can't say if that's the problem.

7. panzer_baiken

panzer_baiken Member

GPU:
    BFG nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB OC2
    Nope, no mods. Haven't tried any other drivers, though. I'll do that.

Okay, rolled back to 162.22. It's working now. Yay!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  8. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Having not played oblivion for 12 months I have lost my obmm touch I think. I have missing textures really, when the game begins you are in a cell, 3 people arrive and one of them is just a head holding a sword! I have also noticed the healing potions have no bottle icons.

I think my problem is oscuro's mod is not properly being recognised. I have added the files to the data directory, and have it ticked in the Data files box on start up.

Can anyone help me please?

I have also downloaded some grass mods and LOD, I have used file date change to recognise these I think.

I remember having no problems with OOO in the past, but It seems I have lost my ability to apply it properly.

9. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Newer patches and older versions of a lot of mods don't mix and cause the strangest of situations.
    I recently reinstalled the whole lot because I destroyed the game and couldn't find out how to reverse it (even though I thouroughly removed the mod causing the problems)

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    mrfloydian1973 - Any chance you can post a pic of what mods youre using in the Oblivion Mod tool before you launch it? Im messing about with mods, as there are about 1 billion out there im just wondering which would be good or fun to mess with? Cheers if you can, grand if you cant

11. dangerous

dangerous Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Club3D HD3870 : Sam226BW
    Seconded.

12. iLovPieNCake

iLovPieNCake Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285
    Wow, I used to be addicted to Oblivion, played from Morrowind and instantly bought Oblivion, Though I never beat the main storyline. Finally 1 or 2 years ago my Bro beat it. I really, really want to beat it this summer, including the Guides. Can anyone post their mods in a download link, I have a lot of mods on my game 10gb total, including the game. I have mods like Natural Environments, Alive water, and Texture mods(Huge texture mods). But I don't have nearly as much as you guys, you guys have the wings which I don't have, etc. I never moded the game, tried when I was an armature.I still have my Oblivion File saved(Including the mods).

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I've asked him so many times but he's never responded. If you search for his name though, you'll find plenty of forums where he leaks bits and pieces of information behind what he has. Some of the mods he has, his characters, he uploaded to various sites and you can download them from there. I used to have a huge amount of stuff he had but i've since formatted.

14. iLovPieNCake

iLovPieNCake Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285
    Wow, they should really emphasize that little sign that says 16+, LOL. Don't make this comment perverted.

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The wings are part of a mod called alexanders wings, you can download it from here, you'll need to register though:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5480

theres another current thread about mods a few places below this thread, you can get some more good mod ideas from there, a mod called 'beautiful people' is also quite good other mods are pretty taste sprecific.

16. LostMyth

LostMyth New Member

This is a simple question but i was wondering if my comp can run Oblivion on high (maxed/HDR) with these specs:
    -xfx geforce 8800gs or the 8600gt xxx
    -amd athlon 3800+ x2
    -2gb corsair ram
    -(not sure what motherboard ill be getting but nothing expensive, im on a low budget)

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

You should be able to run it ok at max settings with hdr on an 8800gs but not with aa or above 1280x1024 resolution. Even on my 8800gtx I have to be careful with levels of aa at higher resolutions to run this game with acceptable framerates (30+).

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yeah i spotted that in the meantime, i think he has something to do with some character posing mod or sotng like that. Since my last post i scoured the web or mods and have Oblivion looking great now( although some building mods i added kill my FPS but its suferable as its in non enemy areas )

19. LostMyth

LostMyth New Member

how about the 8600 gt xxx card?

20. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Don't go with that. It lacks the bandwith and processing power to play Oblivion @max with HDR. You can forget about resolutions higher than 1024x768 and Anti-aliasing alltogether (if you want a somewhat pleasing framerate at least)