Please answer, Crysis Weird Laser dot, do you have it too ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Nov 26, 2007.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I don't know about laser dot.but if they don't come out with some different XP drivers for Crysis I'm going to kill someone I'm having alot of C2D's, locks ups and BSOD's resulting from drivers.

2. cgr3786

cgr3786 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 7950 GT 512MB
    LMFAO!!!
    i love a good laugh you guys are great.

3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yah!
    :banana:
    Hell yah!

Lets all aim our dots and be COOL!
    :biggun:
    SWEEEEEET!

4. abtomat74

abtomat74 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Good call.

The lack of reticle and the Aimpoint photos that followed made me incorrectly identify it. They even call it a Reflex in the game(duh on me). I haven't played since the 1st few days it came out :3eyes:

5. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Whew, I though it was my video card :lol:

One thing I like about Crysis is the hardest setting which gives great representation of iron sights and the likes. I also like the Korean language used by the soldiers and that you have to be careful before taking on anything with a big gun on it :)

WTG Crytek. Has stolen gameplay time from RedOrchestra.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    laser dot ahhaha :stewpid: LOL

7. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    WOW NICE HACK LOL JOKING
    LOL THATS FUNNY. ITS NORMAL SWAT N MILITARY ALSO USE THIS SCOPE.COD4 ALSO USE THIS GUN SIGHT MANY GAMES USE IT LOL

8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    and people are still posting, like myself..
    PPS
    Perpetual Posting Syndrome!!!

9. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    No, there's a reflex sight and a tactical laser attachement that fits under the barrel

10. Luggage

Luggage Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT 256Mb PCIe
    seriously?

My system doesn't beat yours if it had a baseball bat to beat yours with (I guess, especially that shiny gpu on yours ... mmmm could you look the other way for a second please ;)

but I finished crysis on xp with the following performance:
    1680x1050 all settings low except physics on medium because of the gameplay involvement it has @ 22 - 35 fps.

and 1024x768 all settings medium, 2 or 3 incuding physics on high @ 50 to 60 fps (vsync)

but then, i'm not using beta drivers :) and im happy with my 35- 60 fps on my system at an in between custom 16:10 resolution between the 2 mentioned. Would have to open crysis to see what I set it at, already been a few days since finishing it.

crysis still won't crash despite that i'm having what I think are issues with a new mem stick.

Check out your system in detail. crysis works here with the latest public drivers 163.xx

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007

11. abtomat74

abtomat74 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Yes, and we're talking about the Reflex sight that is modeled after an EoTech, that should have a circular reticle around the dot, whereas the game only displays the dot sans reticle.

xvPsyKovx posted a small photo of what the view inside "should" look like if they modeled it correctly rather than only half of it. As it is displayed now(just a red dot), it more closely resembles the view through an Aimpoint(albeit square borders vs round), hence the earlier confusion.

Now if you activate the IR Laser Pointer as you mention, in conjunction with Night Vision, then you will see the red dot from the Reflex AND another dot where the laser is pointed. You have to move around or sidestep to see the two dots move independently of each other at this point.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  12. jbgoode

jbgoode Master Guru

GPU:
    275GTX /GTX580
    I need an aspirin!

13. smokingdude

smokingdude Member

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 GTX 768mb x2
    try ten pints and a bottle of vodka that should clear it up m8 if it dosant blame nvidia cause there drivers sux big time