Unreal Tournament 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by grimsanta, Nov 20, 2007.

1. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    Was this actually released today? Where is all the hype, did the demo ruin it? Also, anyone played it? I'm thinking about getting it, but after playing the demo, and the completely lack-luster graphics on it, I'm having second thoughts.

Anyone? it's not even on gamespots top 10.

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
  3. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    It was pushed back until the 21st, as far as I know.

Im looking to get it on D2D once some money goes through haha. Damn credit cards...

IMO, the graphics are fantastic and the gameplay totally kicks ass. Cant wait :D

4. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    LOL. You're funny.
    As far as 'pwn' every multiplayer game out there, doubt that. Many people have already seen this game over the last 8+ years. Nothing that new, same ol same ol, but enjoy it.

5. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Got my copy today a Gamestop but haven't but haven't had time to mess with it yet.

6. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    been playing since i got off..

maybe someone can answer this question..

is this game even dx10?...or just another fluke??

wasn't this game delayed to take more advantage for dx10....just wondering....
    GOW at least had an option for it....
    this time around UT seems like it has the least options ever to configure..

7. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Its my understanding there's a patch coming to address this.

8. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Well they did completely revamp the PC version because M$ paid them BIG bucks to make it for console as well. The PC version was supposed to be out like 8 months ago. So concerning the configuration options being slim I am not too surprised about that, but I am disappointed. The second it got delayed so it could be done for the console as well I knew some dumb sh!t was going down. As for bad graphics on the demo you have to remember it only had tier 3 out of 5 level graphics on the demo to keep it at a semi-reasonable size.

I pre-ordered this and apparently it comes in tomorrow so I will gaming to my hearts content tomorrow night and will repot back afterwards.

I have always been a die hard Unreal fan so I am greatly looking forward to this. I just wish they left console out of the picture, but to be honest the console has such a huge market now you would have to be stupid to not some way include selling your product to the "simple" gaming crowd.

Another thing I would like to address is the DX10 situation of Unreal Tournament 3. Epic figured that DX 9 can do about 98 percent of what DX can do for now so they made the top notch graphics in DX9 where they could deliver some serious eye candy and actually have it run great on a lot of system (jokes @ crysis). So if you think about it going DX9 only for the release was a seriously good decision. I for one would rather the best optimized graphics for DX9 over a split between making it good in DX9, but still having to please the DX10 crowd and so they can justify all their new hardware that in reality can hardly run DX10 when fully utilized (I know because I am one of them).

Just take Crysis for example. I ran it in DX10 with everything at very high and the frame rate was just bearable and I do have a nice computer so it doesn't get too much better than what I am gaming on. I then did the ini changes for Very High in DX9 and the game practically looks the same, but with an extra 15-20 fps making it very smooth and enjoyable. I for one applaud Epic for making the decision to stick to DX9 for the release. Bravo.

Also look at GoW. The game has NO visual improvement from DX9 to DX10 accept DX10 has the option to enable ant-aliasing which is a total SHAM as you can easily enable it with nVidia cards in DX9 (haven't tried ATi) and get way better frames than DX10. In my opinion DX10 is a huge scandal to push Vista on consumers when they really have no reason to use it. I would know as I have Vista and an 8800 GTX. The one and only thing I could possibly say that Vista does for me that I can actually find useful is the 4GB of RAM I have is completely used in my 64 bit version.

Happy gaming guys!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  9. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    Word.

that relatively sums it all up, i agree.

it's a shame, that we all got scammed into the vista, dx10 bandwagons.
    i myself am equipped with vista ultimate x64, and find myself going back to XP over and over again. it's really pathetic....PC gaming hold no promises, and seems to be deteriorating year after year..

we've been waiting for these games for over 3 years... we've all had high hopes that PC gamers would always be on the edge....but now even less then corporate console market. PC gamers always get the shaft!!! :banana:

as long as it takes these developers to make our PC games, you'd think they'd be more cutting edge, and run parallel with our hardware....with no problems......(ahem...cough....crysis)....this is just a big joke.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  10. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING

11. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No real campaign= not a game for me.

12. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    what do you mean no real campaign? There is a single-player campaign, with a storyline. And it doesn't play tournament style, it plays like every other single-player FPS out there (in terms of levels , etc)

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    but the "campaign" in ut3 is quake 3 with cut scenes and better graphics. lest what i have seen of it have to give it a look later more when i get over to my buddy's that has it again.

14. MikhRus

MikhRus Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX275 Superclocked
    Is single player campaign worth the money? I will not be playing multiplayer... no broadband connection at my rancho

15. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    is it out yet?
    im ganna go to my local wal mart and check

16. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Erm.. what? Unreal Tournament has THE BEST bots ever.

I've always played UT offline with bots and it's amazing!!!! :)

17. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    Amen brother!

18. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    try some ppl sometime, they are preety amazing too :D

19. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    I was at EB Games yesterday and in Canada it ships on Thursday, Nov 22. I also preordered in Feb but pulled my payment when it was bumped. I could even get it free if I can find 3 boxed games that are worth enough in trade!

20. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    And by amazing, he means they beat the crap out of you in the beginning. And till the end if you don't learn. Plus there's tons of game modes (domination being a personal favourite) and mods on top of that (I hope instagib is still there).