Bloody Hell.. 3870 X2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Paladinchan, Nov 17, 2007.

1. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    hehe i,m one of those sim fanatics :p and i play on one monitor also , But would love a 6 or 8 or 12 monotior setup /me drools hehe

2. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512
    http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4251&Itemid=1

Says 2 power connectors . You can plainly see one connector and just barely see the second connector at the end of the card . If you look on the back where the connectors are you can see one is six pin and the other is eight.

3. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    the 3870 is just there midrange card which one is the high end? :smoke:

4. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    The dual 3870. Pretty crazy, but if they market it right and price it right it'll be alot more successful than the 7950 GX2.

It'll probably be a bit faster than 2 similarly clocked 3870's in crossfire. Which means a good deal faster than 2 ultras if 1 is close to the 8800GT, which is pretty close to the GTX, which isn't much slower than the ultra.

EDIT: Just read that 2 3850s in CF are about as fast as a GTX, so 2 of these 3870X2's would be faster than an ultra.

And it's not that long either, my X1950 PRo is about 1-2cm away from the edge of my mobo, and that card's only about 3-4cm over the edge. Pretty good for 2 modern GPUs.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Bah, better to wait and have that performance from one card.

6. Salm4n

Salm4n Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 295 (H2O)
    It's more like desperate :p , because the ship it self its a failure.

7. Salm4n

Salm4n Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 295 (H2O)
    LOL , you got that right!!!

8. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Noob question. Do these cards work in single PCI-E slot mobos, or do you need a crossfire ready board?

Same with Nvidias dual GPU solutions, do you need a SLI ready board for those?

9. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    well, too many games don't realy seem to benefit from SLI or Crossfire that much. This is porbably due to drivers but...... for now I'm only interested how this thing runs Crysis with all setings to max, min 4xAA@1280x1024.

10. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Radeon 3870X2 to scale up to 300+ percent

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4274&Itemid=1

"The big problem is that in some games it can be as little as 20 to 30 percent but at least it would be cool to claim you have four graphics cards inside your rig."

I don't care for the "cool" part myself and 20 to 30 % is a very poor increase...

It all comes to driver support and not all games will have much more performance.

R7xx and G98E where areth thou? :)

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    whats the rush??the only game that needs that power is crysis...so, for the moment if want to play crysis like a maniac :p...put 4x3870 with one quad core phenom(cause as far as i know there out) and blow crysis out..:)

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The faster we get faster processing power the better, makes this upgrade circus shorter. Imagine the joy of having nanotechnology CPUs working way beyond the capabilities of todays chips.

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah the games won't be games any more...

i don't want that so fast to be honest...i would prefer it to be like now...to enjoy the graphics in a game(i prefer a game with graphics, i wouldn't like to play a game that looks perfectly real)..

but at this rate we will have more powerful cpu's and gpu's every year..and we will reach that stage quite fast.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    you're not the only one who wants that:)

15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    But who says the extra power would have to be used for graphics?

What about more cycles for the AI, levelsize, sound and physics? I think there's a lot of improvements game developers can come up with once they're not as restricted as they are today.

And graphics do not have to become realistic just because the power is there, many will use their imaginations to create something completely different. :)

16. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    well the card is not that fast its only getting 10-11k in 3dmark06 i think the gtx still has the edge.:smoke:

17. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Just wondering here, how is that possible? That would mean that it's 100% faster than the combined power of both cards. Where do they pull this 100% out of?

18. thejamppa

thejamppa Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga GTX 460 768mb SC
    I just wonder how well games and benchmarks can use dual GPU in Sli / Crossfire? Or Dual GPU's in CrossfireX ^^

19. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)

the 3800 series has gotten near 200% increase in certain games (hl2 was like 190-195%) crossfire scales very well but in any case it is the driver that is holding it back (same thing could be said about SLI).

however, how SLI is not as good for multi-gpu's beyond 2 (even 3 way i dont think is that good), crossfire has become more mature method, but remains to be seen if they can bring it all together in all games, not just a few.

20. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    More pics :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wanker::banana: