COD 4 Release?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mofo65, Nov 6, 2007.

1. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    It has NEVER been spelt that way in the UK.

2. Smellbow

Smellbow Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Just finished, Awesome game! gripping game play and what an ending! Really awesome stuff. GOTY right here.

Bonus level is great too! I had my doubts after the demo but wow!

Playing in the Russian sections made me hope someone does a stalker-esque mod lol :D Loved that sniper level.

3. rebelflag

rebelflag Active Member

GPU:
    2X XFX GTX 260 Black Ed
    Spoiler alert

Are you supposed to die as a Marine in the Nuclear blast? Or is there a way to live through it?

4. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Yeah, it's part of the game. Having central characters killed off is kind of... disappointing, on the one hand.

But on the other hand it's there to remind gamers that war isn't fun like it's depicted in most other video games, and people do get killed. One minute you're kicking ass and cheering with your friends about how you showed dem terrorists, and the next you're dead. CoD4 isn't supposed to be uber serious, but it is more realistic in this aspect than some FPS games where the main characters are Super Hero-like.

5. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the music in the multiplayer?

Nothing like trying to clutch when the one minute marker goes and you got music blasting in your ear!

6. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    GUys, My Internet connection does not allow me to play FPS muliplayer because of latency issues.

Is it worth payng $50 for just a short single player campain?

7. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Rent it, oh you mean pc. Buy a console and then rent it. The SP is only 6-7 hours.

8. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    Yes imo it is. It's worth just playing through once as it's a great experience. The graphics will impress you totally throughout the game and it plays really nice. I'm on my second play through and i'm still enjoying it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  9. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    God this is honestly the best game I have ever played. I just can't stop playing! I bought the game monday because of all the good reactions people gave and it was the best 50 euros ever spent. Been playing it for 5 hours today. Man I wish I already had the barrett .50 sniper rifle. I had a chance to take one from a guy I killed and did a couple of shots with it and damn, it shoots much better than the other sniper rifles. Now I'm at level 23 so I still have a long way to go but the game is totally worth it :)

10. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Thats just how its pronounced in the UK and Canada (forgive me if there are other nations that pronounce it this way). They probably just did that to avoid confusion... like some developers made games about WW2 where they used the current Canadian flag instead of the Union Jack to represent Canadian Forces. At least I HOPE thats the reason...

On a related note, the level after the credits is freakin awesome. :D

11. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    WOOHOO got to lvl 55 and now i get the gold desert eagle, get in there =D

Best multiplayer i've ever played, no doubts.

12. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Outstandig technical game. It is GOTY material but in this days were the word optimization is often forget ed, COD delivers a tremendous experience on the graphics side.
    Very pleased with it.

13. Darth Skywalker

Darth Skywalker New Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon X1600PRO 512MB
    I'm not sure whether i should buy game or not. Because i cant play demo. Problem is really interesting. Here it is: If i click, or hit a button before playing game (for example: at the main menu, or opening videos) game crashes with .exe error. If i dont hit any button or click, i can play game. And if i die in the game, and hit a button, game crashes again. I have 7.7 driver I cant install new one because other games doesnt work (Damn ATI fix it) Any idea why this error occurs?

14. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    Spoiler For Those Who Haven"t Reached The End:

THOSE BASTARDS KILLED GRIGGS! D:

15. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    The sniper mission is one of the great moments in FPS gaming history. Superb in every way.

16. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Agree.

17. Austyn

Austyn Guest

I also agree.. a masterpiece

18. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Really? I thought it was annoying. No option to save or load when you want sucks when you miss someone and your cover is blown.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Right, this is shaping up to be the best FPS of the year. Just when I thought nothing would beat Bioshock, this is looking like a very good game. Haven't finished it yet, but the addition of great multiplayer might just sway the balance towards COD4 in my rankings.

20. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Just gettng to grips with the multi-player, cant beat abit of TDM, will be playing later for abit i think.