For 8800 GTX Owners...What do you feel?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by yasendi, Nov 15, 2007.

1. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    So we get the best card in current generation to be able to enjoy and play the new directX10 games.....

We enjoyed Lost Planet then Biosock at good high settings and them comes game like Crysis or UT3 that will only be able to play at medium settings if we want to do normal high resolutions!!!!!

I did not buy the card just to play 2 games and then feel bad about my card...This sucks

2. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    i wait for next gen vga!8800gtx sux for dx10 games.Bioshock runs great! oder games in dx10 unplayable on max settings.

3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    I max UT3 out, so if you're having problems with an 8800GTX you have some serious issues. Crysis is coded inefficiently and is too taxing for current generation hardware to realistically expect smooth framerates on max settings.

4. Random Guy

Random Guy Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI
    Unreal 3 is optimised so it can even be played on computers that could play UT 2003. I suspect you will get some very good mileage on the GTX from it (don't know about you, but the demo looked sweet on my BFG 8800 GTX OC). I posted on another thread about the 8800 GT in SLI compared to a GTX, the article is here. It would appear that esp. in my OS of choice (Vista), I still have the performance advantage.

So while on the one hand, yes I am a bit dissapointed about the new GT, I am also glad that I don't have to deal with its noisy fan and high temps. Also, why are you only mentioning 2 games? Are you forgetting COD4, Company of Heroes, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Quake Wars, World in Conflict, Starcraft 2 next year and so on...

I think I could probably stick with my card and enjoy eveything to the max for at least the next 5 years. There is no configuration at the moment that can max out Crysis. If I were you, I would stop worrying about all the new tech and hype (it is their job to make you want to buy) and enjoy your hardware to the MAX.

5. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    UT3 plays fine maxed out...

Crysis is just inefficient piece of crap.

6. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    It is good to hear that UT3 will run smooth on max on 8800 GTX as I did not see that myself.

Most of the games you mentioned "Random Guy" can be played on GTS or even 7800SLI as I used to have going to 8800 for them is just a small improvment at resolution of 1600*1200.....

7. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    You have the best card there is. Nothing more to add. It isn't a standard that the newest card should be able to handle the newest game at extreme settings. The 8800 is the beste nVidia can offer, you guys feel bad because you don't have the power that doesn't exist yet?

8. DJCyclone

DJCyclone Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 675/1500/2200 W-Cooled
    I'm more than happy with XFX GTX.

So Crysis doesn't run on max.. Who cares.
    It's their fault for coding it so badly.

Even if you run 2 ultra's in SLI the graphics wont much better than UT3.

I don't know why loads of people look to Crysis as a benchmark when we all know the programmers should be taken out and shot.

In a years time we might just get to max it out with new cards but right now, don't worry about it.

Just don't buy Crysis if you think it's un-playable

9. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    I don't feel anything negative about my 8800GTX. I'm able to run Crysis at high settings with 2xAA in my TFTs native resolution of 1280x1024.
    Sure, I'd like it to be able to do ultra-high but it doesn't and it was predictable that after enjoying the semi fastest GPU for +/- a year (in my case) there would be a game that needs something faster.

This is the way things are!

10. tausau

tausau Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX
    It is strange to read that somebody has problems with 8800gtx (espetialy from the owner of the card), cause I don't have any every game runs smooth. Even crysis runs playable at 1280x1024 with all settings max ecxept post pross, cause this gives me headacke after few min. of playing. Man I don't dare to complaint I'm happy to have one.

11. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Meh i'm happy with my GTX,i can play Crysis pretty damm well on High and all my other games it just steam rolls over them without flinching.

I really don't care about owning the latest and greatest when the 9 series comes out,i want to get at least a year and a half out of my graphics card before upgrading and considering that i've only had my rig since May i have a while to go yet.

12. DJCyclone

DJCyclone Member Guru

GPU:
    Same here.

I've only had mine for 2 months so there's no way I'm getting the 9 series when it's first out.

Plus if you wait a while they get cheaper :approval:

13. chfields

chfields Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 1GB SC
    I have the Crysis demo maxed on XP (very high tweak) 1600x1200 and it runs just fine.....granted I don't have it on Vista yet, but it is a next gen game and designed for hardware that isn't even designed yet....

14. DJCyclone

DJCyclone Member Guru

GPU:
    What have you tweaked?

I'm good with hardware tweaking and modding but don't really have a clue about tweaking XP.

15. cefurkan

cefurkan Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 470 @725 GPU
    this is ur fault

i bought 8800gts

played bioshock and ut3

now selled my 8800gts and bought

8800 gt
    only paid 10$ extra

i am happy with 8800gt

with ocing my 8800 gt i get better performance than 8800gtx

16. DJCyclone

DJCyclone Member Guru

GPU:
    Ah yes, but you don't get better performance than a GTX at 655/2200 with it's 128 pixel pipelines compared to the GT's 28 pipelines.

What is good is the fact that you can get 2 GT's in SLI for the same as one GTX.

Then you would see some good results.

17. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    moan moan why ??

the gtx/ ultra is the best card out there at the MO !!.

18. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Wth Crysis isn't coded inefficiently, its just is so demanding current hardware can't run it max.

You want Crysis to be efficient for today's hardware? Run it at medium settings rofl

19. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    I bought it one year ago and haven't regretted it since!
    Extreme performance at extreme resolutions (except for Wic and Crysis)
    Current gen DX10 cards is not yet up for the job, but I've enjoyed every game at maximum quality and I think you're forgetting that the GTX is still top of the line ;)

20. eynmyn

eynmyn Master Guru

oh yea

feel great my cards still the best even after year buying it now only if these drop in price i can get another for sli for my 30 inch samsung monitor playing 2056x1600 is rough with one card but still plays most games great.playing gericho with 30 fps single player looks and runs smooth.now only if i can sli and get 40 fps with everything hi lol with jesus crysis.