The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    haha, i suck at tweaking Crysis, so could you break down the process for me?

2. KoeiNL

KoeiNL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX260 ssc
    .........I can't believe people don't check their facts. The demo is perfectly multithreaded. Goes up to 90% on both of my cores (E6600 @ 3.4ghz) in some cases. Same goes for full. My 8800GTX is just bottlenecking the **** out of my fps :beam:

3. KoeiNL

KoeiNL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX260 ssc
    Wordpad (dunno of first command is needed, just do it to be sure):
    con_restricted 0
    r_width 1280
    r_height 1024

Save as -> autoexec.cfg (be sure it is named like this, not autoexec.cfg.txt or something) in Crysis root folder.

Mine is here:
    X:\Program Files XP\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis

4. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    thanks dude

5. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    I don't blame you, especially since your computer is pretty nice. Have you tried updating your drivers or running the game on windows XP (if your not already).

6. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G

I actually installed another 2GB more than what is on my profile and bought Windows Vista Ultimate (well my workplace did :p) So I'm running 64bit vista.

Anyway at this part of the game I have to set my shaders down to low (disables all shadows which makes the game look worse than the original farcry) and I'm getting playable fps again.

Seems like there is too much of a jump from medium shaders to low , it jumps from around 15fps at medium (at the frozen part of the game , 30-35 in jungle @ 1024x768) to closer to 50 when set to low.

Im going to take a look at the tweakguides guide tomorrow and see if I can find a balance between the two.

I was getting much better performance in XP32 with the demo. I never really liked dual booting switching OS just to play another game is too much trouble.

All the other games I have played recently (COD4 , The Witcher) ran fine and in the case of the Witcher ran just as well in Vista64 as in XP32. The only other game affected was Counterstrike source where I seem to have lost about 10fps (estimate) from xp32 in game though that doesn't matter when you are playing at 160fps +

I'm not too impressed with the engine to be honest , look at how good COD4 looks and how well it runs. With this game it seems to be all or nothing. It doesn't scale at all well.

The game is quite good but when I see in reviews they say it breaks the mould for FPS games I don't quiet see in what way

Oh another thing is that I see no difference in fps from stock clock speeds 2.6ghz to my overclock at 3.6ghz. And such little difference at my max GPU overclock it makes no difference.

Still , I have to hold off the temptation to go out and buy a new graphics card , especially for one game. If nVidia brought out the new series I might be tempted though.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  7. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
    No one needs to spend top dollar on an 8800 anymore, just get an 8800GT. Doesn't really even matter what version, that card is money for this game.

And yea, Crysis eats COD4 alive in terms of graphical presentationl.

8. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    @DrSiN: I highly recommend you try the game on XP (even x64). I know the performance increase between Vista x64 and XP x64 (in the demo anyways) was significant.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    So whats the low down with the copy protection on this game? Will it be like Bioshock or more like Call of Duty 4?

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080

happens to me on Vista32 DX10 mode...i change one thing and performance drops to unplayable that i have to restart the game

on DX9 (XP) i can pretty much change anything (including cvar commands) on the fly in game

11. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    @Jeremy: As far as i know its just an offlline keycheck during install (and during online play), and Securom for copy protection. I am fairly positive there is no "install limit" BS like there was in Bioshock.

12. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    So is the game not running well in Vista 64bit? I have heard some people say it runs better in 64bit and some saying it isn't running well in Vista at all. What is the deal?

13. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    @waway damn! Crysis collector's edition is already available at play-asia.com P2,155.00 ( $49.90 ) and it ships within 24 hours! I'm mightily tempted to get one now!

14. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    meh, im not comfortable buying online...ill go to SM later so ill just ask datablitz when theyll have theirs...

but, collectors ed? why? whats the difference?

and FFS! just rebooted to Vista and demo is unplayable on DX10 at high (shaders on very high) whereas its smooth on DX9 (tweaked to very high) what gives?

edit:

15. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    Probabbly VRam. You got 320mb on your GPU if your sig is correct and I am guessing that DX10 needs a lot of VRam because of the huge textures and features that come along with it.

16. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    @waway, that's the normal edition, the collector's edition ships within 24 hours. I think it has extra dvds, etc and stuff lol.

17. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    but it was playable on 169.04...or maybe not..rivatuner stats server dont have vram usage available on DX10 for me :( so i cant really check

can anyone check how much is the vram usage via rivatuner statistics server DX10? coz the plugin is there but it wont show any values :(

on DX9/medium textures, vram usage dont go above 300mb for me

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I'm still freakin puzzled as to the description used by GameStop for the collectors edition.

2 DVD's containing game
    1 DVD including:
    *insert list of bonus crap here*

is it actually 2 DVD's with just the GAME.... or is it 2 DVD's.... and the second one with just all the extra crap?

*shrug* guess i'll find out in a couple hours when i go to pick my copy up at GameStop. If nobody else posts the info on it.... i'll post it then.

KoeiNL: just because both cores are being used nearly fully... doesn't mean that it's only Crysis doing it. you actually running a hardware monitor to log what is using what?

19. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    i'm sure it's the same u get from ea store digital download so that would be two dvd's: one with game and one with extra crap(making of was very good actually)

20. Chesskid1

Chesskid1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB
    i just beat the game anyways

*minor spoilers*

did anyone find the space zero gravity disorienting as hell? it made me want to puke, ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.