The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Perhaps someone could run some .04 and .09 benchmark comparisons for those of us who have not had a chance to buy the game yet :D?

2. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Is the Game coming out Tomorrow or Thursday in the states?

3. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Problem you guys... Check this out and tell me what the problem is.. While im playing the demo if I change any of the graphics setting during play the performance is just gone. Then when I switch it back to when its smooth its not, it's slow and choppy.. But if I quit the demo and restart it back up again then the problem is gone and it runs normal again. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thx

4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I'm at the final boss and MY GOD THIS GAME IS RETARDED!

The Prophet + fire part was unbelieveably badly done. It was buggy, not fun and way too sucky in every single possible way.

Seriously, it's just not fun.

5. Stinger78

Stinger78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    I pre-ordered from gamestop about a week ago, it was shipped yesterday, I received it today.

6. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Its that bad? :smoke:

I'm just done with first level :eek:

7. raulramos

raulramos Guest

GPU:
    Point of View GTX470
    Perhaps the history, the last boss or whatever have no fun but tell us the history it´s not fun to, seriously, it's just not fun. Create another tread for this propose saing do not read unless you finishem, please. I want to play the game man... more 10 days...

Cya

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  8. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Sorry, didn't quite understand you there. But I didn't spoil it in any way, I just said that some parts of this game are annoyingly hard, even on the easiest setting.

The boss battle is like this: You die, load, you die, load, you die, load, you die, load, you die, load, you die, load, you die, load and prehaps after that you can actually manage to win it.

9. richie007bond

richie007bond New Member

GPU:
    8800 gts 320mb
    You know it really annoys me that the 2 graphics company's ati and nvidia design these powerful cards,they shout out all the specs what their cards can do,how many stream cpu they have,and after all the hype ,along comes a game (crysis) that bring theses so called uber powerful cards to their knees.I mean we pay top money for these graphics cards and they cant even run the latest game that was designed to run all these features.. aka DX 10.So now we need to wait for the next generation of cards just to run crysis the way it was meant to be played,i don't know about you guys but its draining my wallet just trying to keep up.I thought the 8800 series of cards would be able to run games including crysis that would see me good for about a least a year...the joys of pc gaming

10. eynmyn

eynmyn Master Guru

patch

hopeful that a new patch comes out and fixs fps on this game or is this stictly a driver thing anything helps because 2560x1600 on hi looks beautiful nice green vegetations and the waterfall looks real but getting 10 fps wuahahaha.but when i put it down to medium with this resoloutions getting 20/30 fps maybe if i sli i can get 40/60 fps with everthing hi wishful thinking wuahahah.:beam:

11. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    sorry but forget it, 2560x1600 is nearly twice the number of pixels as 1920x1080. it will be a *long* time before anyone cares (commerically) about getting a game running well at your resolution.

12. Nolander

Nolander New Member

GPU:
    BFG NVIDIA 7900GS 256MB GPU 585/690
    I know its not saying much, but with my card I get avg 30fps on med settings at 1024*768 and it looks pretty good. Other games I get at least 35+fps are Bioshock, Company of Heroes, Call of Duty 4; those at high settings at 1024*768. I might just skip this generation of high end cards and wait for more reviews on later PCI-E 2.0 cards.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD>.. can someone tell me where in the hell the Dedicated server files are for Crysis!??!?!????? If they are on the game can someone upload them and get them to me cause I can't get the game till tomorrow but I can put up a server!

14. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    same hardware (i dual boot) and XP32 (very high hack) runs better than both Vista DX9 (high) and Vista DX10 (veryhigh) ;)

and when i say better...i mean a lot better :) fps difference isnt much but the smoothness is ;) so far, XP32+veryhigh hack=win

15. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I'm getting unplayable FPS (low teens) at 800x600 with everything set to low now the island is frozen over.
    Not Amused.

16. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    anyone????

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    DrSiN: then you must have either some really REALLY crappy drivers.... or one seriously messed up PC. a 7900GTO and C2D should EASILY handle at LEAST low settings at 800x600. Then again, the frosty crap does seem to seriously cripple my computer.... but that's at a rather high resolution, with High settings i believe.

richie: few things.

1) update your profile so your system specs show up to the left of your post.

2)top dollar for an 8800GTX? uuh.... not even close. if you consider mid-$500 range top dollar for a GPU, then i'm guessing almost a grand and a half for a Core 2 Extreme is enough to make your head explode?

3) Seeing as the 8800's have been out for close to a year now..... i don't really see your point. if you just bought an 8800GTX now... then YOU might not have gotten a years worth out of the card, but those of us that had one since they came out sure as hell did. basically still the fastest card on the market even a year after it's release and with ATi bringing their DX10 lineup out a few months afterwards.

Then again.... if you don't have an 8800GTX, don't think you should really be talking about their performance, now should you? the newly released drivers seem to help out a LOT in DX10 performance. Either way, the 8800's still perform better than any other card out there.

And nobody said it can't run Crysis. only issue is that it can't seem to run it up to what people WANTED to run Crysis at.... which is every setting maxed, 1920x1200, 16xAA, boatload of AF, and still be in the mid-high 50fps range. Say... that kinda sounds like another game that was just released last week. Think it's name was Call of Duty 4? You know... that game that anybody with an 8800GTX and a decent processor could max out to see the game in all it's glory the day it was released, and see absolutely no graphical improvement from then on except for a bit higher framerate. think that's the one....

18. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I actually switched shaders to high by mistake , lol. It's playable now.

19. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    does anybody know how to force a specific resolution? Cos for some reason, I can't seem to select 1280x1024 (it just stops at 1280x960)

20. KoeiNL

KoeiNL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX260 ssc
    r_width
    r_height

But that in an autoexec.cfg or add as a commandline (+r_height 1024 +r_width 1280 .....I guess..). Autoexec works for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.