The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I imagine it probably has to do with server side load.

A lot of the DX9 stuff for rendering destructables etc would be processor limited, but in DX10 it can be done through shaders.

Either that, or its marketing fro dx10

Skope_nz - DX10.1/SM4.1 are incremental updates to tie up some loose ends in the dx spec, not a new API - performance will be exactly the same.

DX10.1 games will fully support DX10 hardware, and vice versa.

Yes, like every previous generation of DX, the first gen hardware to support the new spec performed atrociously, why would this [dx10] be different?

2. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    DX9 server side load can be compensated by a good server/PC. It should not be exclusive, anyone XP or Vista user should be allowed to play with destructible environments and day/night cycles in MP. So i guess the alternative if crytek dosent change that in a patch is that microsoft releases DX10 for XP(unlikley i know)

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You people care so god damn much about the graphics, how about just playing the game and enjoying that? DX10, DX9... who gives a ****.. it's still the best looking game around, and it's fun as hell too.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    CRYSISSSSSSSSs

lol just got mine ehehehhe:D.

Lest enjoy some slide show shall we, *grabs popcorn* lol:O

yes its even worse as i thought, lol 13-16fps while in very heavy combat, mid to high settings 1280x1024, when not in combat mostly around 30ish bleh lame.:puke3:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007

5. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Just because they(MS) promised it to be faster than DX9. Well yes, it's obvious that if something runs better then the amount of foliage applied is increasing so that it would look better and live up to people expectations..but, as far as I've understood (at that point, now I think differently), it should still run faster, so you could either:

a) add tons of visuals and have the same performance as in dx9;
    b) leave about the same visuals, which would perform with a higher speeds because of the new API can do things faster than the old one(that was their words).

So, the question is..who made the worst mistake..software devs or the hardware devs. It was the nvidia's fault with the FX series as far as I remember. Somehow I still hope that MS will patch something and make it better.. :D impossible, I know.

The Crysis itself is ok, I dunno why people are so unhappy with it. Ok, the performance isn't that good as it was expected, but compare everything else this game has..it just speaks for itself. And don't worry, with somewhat better nvidia drivers and some patching from crytec it will surely improve.

Just imagine how hard it is to create an environment as complex as used in Crysis. Don't expect everything to be perfect, it will not happen.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    AlexRaptor: you'd probably need one extremely powerful server to keep up with it if DX9 had all that stuff.

7. TediousD

TediousD Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 640
    So like, if you're playing in Vista using none of the Very High settings you may as well be playing in XP using DX9?

8. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    hells no man even when its at 25 its pretty damn smooth...much smoother than i expected....beleive me its more than enough to be playable

@DENIAL: how long did it take you to finish the game?

9. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

For those in Australia Crysis is out NOW!!!

I picked up my copy this morning :D

Unfortunately I have to wait till next week to play it, cause I gotta study for uni exams.

10. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Ignorance is bliss.

No driver/patch is going to 'fix' the performance. This is how it was going to run from the start.
    Its called old hardware via a next-generation game. Many of us have been telling you over the past YEAR that you are all wrong about what you will need to run this.

:rolleyes:

11. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

Don't know if this has been posted before, but this will make you sh*t you pants. I don't know what was done to achieve these screenshots, but f*ck they look amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    What the hell did they do with the water? The leaves and trees look to colourless. The leaves have to much green and the trees to much grey.

Looks alot worse in my opinon.

13. giladgaron

giladgaron New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX ACS3
    Crytek hyped that Crysis DX10 will be playable today, and in the future they will release some "Ultra High" setting or something like that.
    So people are angry that performance is not what crytek have promised at all
    , and here's a quote on that:

you can check out the interview here: http://www.driverheaven.net/gamingreviews/crysisinterview/index.php

That's what pisses me off about crysis, they hyped the DX10 version, said it would be playable with today's hardware and the results are not what they stated.
    If crytek would've boasted the "High" settings form the beginning and not brag about the "Very High" settings and state that the "Very High" are for future hardware, I don't think anyone would've come to them with accusations and everyone would've been happy with the game.

It's the usual "Put your money where your mouth is" and crytek has lost their money.

14. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    I'm actually pretty happy with Crysis performance on my rig, this GTS cost me about £185 a few months ago now and I can run in any of the resolutions I use (1280x1024, 1440x900 or 1280x720 (720p)) at around 30fps with no issues whatsoever with generally high settings (textures at medium due to only having a 320MB card) and it looks superb and is great to play. It isn't really twitchy so I don't need 60+ fps like I would in say Unreal Tournament 3, 30fps is fine for me personally, and with the motion blur even the odd dip into the 20's doesn't present much of a problem. This is obviously DX9 under XP x86 btw.

I'm not saying it is right that a game that, imo, doesn't look that much better than say Gears of War runs so badly in comparison, but it was to be expected to a degree. I'm just very happy I can run it at what are pretty much high settings at my native resolutions. :)

15. hugos82

hugos82 Active Member

GPU:
    GALAXY 8800GTX/Ultra SLI
    if the current hardware isn't able to run the game with decent framrates and you knew about it alllll the time, then please explain me why the trailers, gameplay videos run so smooth, why the game performed flawless last year at Cebit with one 8800gtx (it was a closed show for the press) and the game really looked the same or even better.

16. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

cause you can't really tell from videos, most of which were even off screen.

also the games feels playable with fps in the 20's, which could also be why the videos looked playable.

actually they didn't boast about the very high settings. as a matter of fact the game has only been shown once being played on very high settings with DX10. every other time the game was shown it was being played in DX9, cause they wanted to show people that the game still looks good in DX9...this is actually what they said.

17. Skope_nz

Skope_nz Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280@702Mhz
    They really needed to re-name the setting Very High to 'Unplayable lol' so we atleast knew what was up.

the games optimal settings for my rig is Medium... my hardware isnt that old.

18. ALien8ed

ALien8ed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI
    Got mine today aswell... :D

19. giladgaron

giladgaron New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX ACS3
    You're right, they didn't boast about the DX10 version, in fact they hardly never
    mention it at all:

Yep, you're right, they never boasted about the DX10 version...

20. Skope_nz

Skope_nz Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280@702Mhz
    Faster framerates? ....... sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.