Smokers?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by serious1, Nov 10, 2007.

1. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    I'm just curious how many people here smoke cigarettes and at what age did they start and why?

2. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    '96- Started, just cuz.
    '06- Quit, cost too much.

3. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Oh God, don't start a thread on smoking around here, you will find a great deal of non-smokers on this forum. As a smoker I started a thread awhile back and it got ugly.

Anywho, I smoke I started when I was 16 mostly due to peer pressure, but I quickly grew to love it even without the peer pressure. I have smoked for 14 years, I do it because I like it, and I have no plans on quitting, ever.

It will probably kill me, but hey, we all gotta die from something...lol

4. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Nope not a smoker... tried a bit of social smoking back when I was a teenager.... never took. Even if it was slightly addictive to me, which it wasn't.. I would have never actual gone out to buy cigarettes. Why some one would do that the first time so they actually ''start smoking'' makes no sense to me.
    My dads a smoker, he gave up several times for different amounts of time, almost a year once.
    He'll die from it... sooner rather than later... it's been great to see him deteriorate over the years, slowly suffocating.. but hey, he's got to die from something... lol.
    It's great he gave away tens of thousands to do it as well. My sister's asthma is a nice little leaving present also.

5. mafia_boy

mafia_boy Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 970 4gig
    Started in 1983 and am still puffing away!! cant seem to give up (and ive had all the advice and help im gonna get too) lol, i just really like having a ciggy.

6. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    For some reason, smokers don't freak out when they try to quit and can't.

Am I the only person that sees something wrong in that?

(Don't smoke)

7. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    That's because they didn't want to stop in the first place, in order to successfully quit smoking you have got to want to quit for real, otherwise you'll never stop.

8. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i dont smoke but i have the odd occaisional cigar ( ie once every 3-4 months)

9. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    oh man, I really hope we wont have people coming in and preaching. I love smoking though! Started when I was 13 (hot chick made me try it lol) and still going now (I am 19). I have a cigar laying around saved for saturday, hopefully will be a nice day. And nothing beats coffee and cigarettes in the morning before work.

10. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    I started smoking in 1973, it was still "cool" then and the adverse effects weren't widely known (they were well hidden)

I smoked up until July 1st this year when I went for triple bypass heart surgery.

I'm not going to preach but be aware that the two major players in heart disease are genetic predisposition and smoking.

After reading your post your nick may be more true than you believe.

:)

11. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    started smoking when i was 17 i think? maybe 18.. i've smoked very lightly off and on since.. i think i'm the only person on the ****ing planet who isn't addicted. i really don't care when i have my next cig but i like them sometimes.

you don't like smoking? whine about other peoples life choices, then, like you have any say in the matter, fools! i'll kill myself with cancer tar if i want and i don't care if smoke gets in your eye.

12. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Trust me, I know all too well how true my nickname is.

13. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Started in 88, quit sometime later, now smoke when I drink on weekends

14. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    iv been smoking a pack in a half a day since i was 14 now im 26.

15. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    36 years
    13 years start

beacause I m vicius

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i've been smoking for 5-6years, at first very little, now i have a pack for 2days.
    -Muratti Ambassador (blue) :smoke:
    lol :D

but yes gotta quit soon, cuz there is no point in it; its only destroying our lungs.:eek:ver:

17. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Well if you don't care if smoke gets in some one's eye.... maybe other people don't care if they piss you off when they want to whine.
    It works both ways. Maybe you should put up with it. ;) .
    Generally I don't think anyone would care what you do or how you die. Your kids might though.

18. Taylon

Taylon Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX OC
    started smoking when i was 18 and i still do, im 23 now. my thing is that im only a social smoker. I smoke like a chimney when im out with friends drinking. i smoke when me and my friends are outside shooting the sh*t. but by myself i just don't seem to care, if i have smokes at hand i'll light up. if i don't have them oh well. So far i've smoked only one cigerrete this whole week, and i don't even feel edgy or adgetated (spelling??). so i guess you could say i smoke to fit in, but i do really enjoy thay first cig after a beer. oooooooooooooooooo :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  19. Jazza104

Jazza104 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1GB 4870
    Started smoking 6~7 months ago. I have 3~4 a day. I know it's not good for me, but it's not like I'm smoking a pack a day.

20. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    Never smoked, never will.
    You know why? Because i want to live longer.
    and the thought of heart disease and the fact that it will slowly kill you scares me to death and helps me easily refuse to smoke.