We are losing our rank!!!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Crossfire, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    ok, all of them have -local in the shortcuts lol. do i need to start all new work units? i have a few 1,300,000 on 5,000,000 work units

2. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    I don't use the -local flag either for service activated ones nor "shortcutted" and everything works just fine. In the log it says, for example:
    But if there is no information in the Registry? And I think that nothing is stored there if you didn't install the screensaver version...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  3. DevilDude

DevilDude Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb AGP
    Interesting. Also weird, I'll need to reread the forums that I got the info from. I've never actually had the screensaver version installed on my PC, but there is information pertaining to F@H in the registry -> HKLM\SOFTWARE\PandeGroup...

4. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    I'm lost again. :confused:

5. DevilDude

DevilDude Member Guru

GPU:
    Me too. Personally I blame Gaboou :)

6. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    Life is too simple sometimes- someone has to bring in some challenges from time to time. :look:
    All I am saying is that I don't use the -local flag and everything works just fine. But it can't harm to put it to use- so just do it and you'll be on the safe side.

7. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    For me, whether -local is used or not, the smp version keeps breaking it self after it sends then finishes and won't start another, I have to delete files and reset the whole thing and start again otherwise I get a IO errors everytime or can't read GO file, quite frustrating because I lose quite afew hours.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  8. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    This has turned into a hot thread. I'm going to make a Folding @ Home Pub, and see if I can get a sticky. :D

9. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    We're 285!

10. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I'm back and folding the SMP client on my rig. In answer to the questions above, there are definitely registry keys associated with, well, at least the SMP client. I purged the old install and still found registry keys left behind. These were deleted and every trace of the previous install I could find were removed. Now I'm folding and it's actually pegging both cores.

On a related note, I churn numbers for Seventeen or Bust sometimes, and two primes were found this year. Their client won't peg my CPU and it seems like a waste - I like the fact that Stanford writes an efficient client.

11. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    ...but wait! What's this? I don't like the looks of this - will this work order be valid?
    [​IMG]

12. DevilDude

DevilDude Member Guru

GPU:
    No, sorry - unfortunately you won't get any points for that one. SMP WU have a deadline of 3 days I think...

13. MoosePower

MoosePower Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Good work guys, we just jumped up to 275!

14. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Muh fuh! The second work order on the SMP client just timed out at 86% done. Am I doing something wrong? It's pegging both cores, and my system specs on the left are up to date.

15. DevilDude

DevilDude Member Guru

GPU:
    Probabbly not - it is a beta ;) Just copy the whole directory (to make a backup) and then restart the client. It should pick-up from the last checkpoint.

16. scm2ejm

scm2ejm Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970
    hey guys, just signed up for folding@home and joined the guru3d group on my ps3. Is it just me or is the ps3 boring already? Recently, the only thing im using it for is playing the odd dvd. I'm even using my PC for playing playstation1 games (returned to good ol' FFVII). Thought I'd put it to a good cause so I've just left it folding away. Come on Sony... lets see some fun from the ps3

17. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    Welcome! But this is the wrong thread to post in. When I made this I was not intending for it to become this big. It needs to be locked, so if some admin or mod could do that?

18. DevilDude

DevilDude Member Guru

GPU:
    He he :)