Official Crysis demo thread- Launched October 26th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rifle_Grunt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
  2. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Neodarkness???? lol

Waway, what settings are you using to get your lighting like that? it looks great

3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    the video isnt mine, i dunno whos it is but its great eh?

i wish hed upload the configs though

4. Dieheart

Dieheart Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    I think the blur is just right in the game. I mean in real life you can't focus but on a few things at once, the rest becomes a blur anyway, not to meantion if your in the act of moving, heck even walking sometmes.

5. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Flying a chopper is sweet, thou a bit ugly with having to have some low settings heh.(map that can be gotten at crymod.com) Still flying is a pleasure.

6. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Is crysis taking advantage of SLI? What are u SLI guys getting?

7. DaLipton

DaLipton Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GeForce 7800GT 256mb
    Anyone here has a 7800GT 256mb? I would like to compare my performance.

8. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    I agree... A good example would be focus on a close object and look at your perifieral vision around you (while still focusing on that same object)... Everything else around it is blurry...

I think it just so second nature in real life that no one pays attention to it, till you see it trying to be recreated in a virtual setting...

9. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I like the blurs except the unrealistic motion blur when turning the camera. Sorry but i certainly dont see that kind of blur when turning my head fast.

10. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    the amount of blur is perportional to the level of acceleration of the mouse axis...

are you saying if you spin around 180deg. quickly that everything your looking at remains clear?

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    A human can move his eyes (which are more advanced than any camera in the world) very quickly and he can also move his head, but then rather slowly...

you cannot simulate the blur effect as a human will see it. You can only make it real for how a camera will see it.

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Sure you can simulate it. Stare straight forward and then spin the world around you. For example when I drive a car, the while lines on the road get blurred because I'm driving fast.

13. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I turn my head fast, no blur, granted it all flashes by quickly so i dont notice any detail, but its definatley not blurry.

14. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Ok some bad news. The demo is very light on the system compared to the full version i imagine. I played fine on my old processors with High physics ect. However, after i installed a mod and started playing with the destructive force of tanks and choppers i noticed a major hit in performance to the point where the entire game turned into a slow motion performance(not choppy, just slow)

15. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080

16. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yea but right now you really can't play at those settings. Only the people with high-end computers, which is less than 1% of gamers I bet.

By the time most have enough horsepower to run at such settings, other games have catched up in the visual department I bet.

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i never noticed the blur when moving around, everyone focuss on different things with different levels of tolerability, so whether to have it on or off should be a no brainer to each person.

wish i had the time that guy has, i made a small map.

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    well, i think the only difference between the pics there and the demo are the maps and the choice of vegetation used :) and the time of day and the lighting values

ive tried changing some values without much frame drops so i think if i can play now at 25fps, i can play that at the same or a little less fps which is fine by me.

19. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    I tried some different frivers and it still won't even load the menu. :(

Any idea's?

20. Jazza104

Jazza104 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1GB 4870
    My friend runs it on 800x600 (or 1024x768) with everything on Medium with his 3500+/1.5GB/7800GT. Runs good and looks awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.