RivaTuner v2.06 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 19, 2007.

1. zalmancooled

zalmancooled Banned

GPU:
    EVGA Ge-Force 8800 GTS 640mb Superc

Huge problem here dude:
    Stop slamming my name:

This is how it went down and I informed him that I would test with the OCN members. You should check your email. Do you remember this message you sent to me????

Originally Posted by zalmancooled

All

I need a few testers with G84/G86 to test new features related to these display adapters. If you're experienced RivaTuner user, if you own such hardware and if you wish to take part in closed beta-testing - please contact me via PM.

Unwinder, I meet the rquirements and I can test for you. People at the site overclocking.net can't wait to hear what this version can do. It's the talk of the town. I have used rivatuner since the begining and would be honored to test your newest version of rivatuner 2.06. I am humbled in your greatness.

Give me your email and I'll fowrard you beta version of 2.06

So what gives????

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

zalmancooled

First, nobody is slamming your name. Second, huge problem is the thing that happend after your actions (hopefully due to erroneous actions). And I do hope that you just misread bold text and it was not leaked purposely.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Allow me write a thing or two here because I was ready to start a hunt.

First let me ask you a couple of questions:
    • A BETA was provided to you, what made you think you can distribute a beta. The PM specifically stated closed beta
    • Secondly, who actually gave you permission to distribute Rivatuner at all ? Are you really that ignorant ? You knew EXACTLY what you where doing.
    Unwinder is far too easy going on this as I was preparing to roast your nuts.

Do you have any clue what could have happened if for example a bug in OC clocks was appearant and people started to overclock with wrong values ? They could have damaged their hardware !

You now write we should stop slamming you ? You Sir, are an idiot. Please apologize to Unwinder. Because the next time this happens in a closed Beta, trust me .. Unwinder won't be able to stop me.

4. zalmancooled

zalmancooled Banned

GPU:
    Perhaps you also misunderstood my bold statement below:
    I need a few testers with G84/G86 to test new features related to these display adapters. If you're experienced RivaTuner user, if you own such hardware and if you wish to take part in closed beta-testing - please contact me via PM.

Unwinder, I meet the rquirements and I can test for you. People at the site overclocking.net can't wait to hear what this version can do. It's the talk of the town. I have used rivatuner since the begining and would be honored to test your newest version of rivatuner 2.06. I am humbled in your greatness.

This was me asking for permission, I assumed that you giving me the tester was the OK to go ahead. It may have been closed beta, but I asked first before begining my test. The misunderstanding is not to the word closed beta, but rather the misunderstanding comes from wether are not you allowed me to do this.

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    to me you didnt ask anything?

You stated something, But didnt ask a single question.

6. Unwinder

zalmancooled

Calm down please. The only thing I wanted to understand was if it was misunderstanding or planned leak. I clearly see that it was not done purposely and it makes me really happy, because we never had a mole in beta-testers team and it was really sad to find one. So take it easy and forget it, there is no way to rewind the time and undo the leak and we all are making mistakes sometimes. I just hope that it won't happen in future again.

7. zalmancooled

zalmancooled Banned

GPU:
    nvm. I apologize to Unwinder for the misunderstanding

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    zalman bringing in the threats. Not a good idea dude. just leave the forum now, and i wouldnt come back.

Your attitude is Getting worse each post.

EDIT, Decided That post was to harsh huh?? Hopefully the mods cant see what you typed.

9. zalmancooled

zalmancooled Banned

GPU:
    I actually decieded it was better to send the message as pm, which is what Hilbert Hagadoorn should have done instead of threatening me. Look the developer has forgiving my mistake. Now everyone wants to take a shot at me. I may not have asked but in my statement it was clear what my intentions were.This was all a misunderstanding.

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i know i shouldnt drag this out.
    everything is settled

but just one thing

i still cant understand how you say your intentions were clear?
    All you said is ur friends are wanting to "hear" wat 2.06 can do.

Not test?

11. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
  12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Aah his true colors show:

He's gone obviously .. Unwinder sorry man, but you underestimate the intentions people sometimes have. The guy did this on purpose, his msgs clearly show the inconsistency.

Anyway, case solved and closed.

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    He has some...issues.

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I'm glad thats all over with.

BTW Unwinder I was playing the new 1.2 version of ETQW today and punk buster kicked me from a server and after that my over clocking (2.05 obviously) was disabled until I went back into RivaTuner and reset my clocks. I will go back and play some ETQW later on and see if this happens again.

15. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    Eish, nasty conversation up there ^^^^

I can't wait for 2.06, keep up the good work Unwinder! You rock :)

16. zushi

zushi New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTS 320mb OC
    Got a question, does riva tuner 2.05 work with forcware 169.04 beta for vista32?

17. Dostoyevsky77

Dostoyevsky77 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2 SSC (738/2196/1836)
    No, but v2.06 will.

18. Quattra

Quattra New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle GF6800@16x1,6vp
  19. nManJofo

nManJofo New Member

GPU:
    Radeon Mobility HD2600 512MB GDDR2
    Hello all,

Will RivaTuner support Mobility Radeon chips based on RV6xx? Because I get only "No additional information available" when I try to run RT 2.06. I use Catalyst 7.1 modded via DriverHeavens ModTool. THX

20. Unwinder

No. RT never supported mobile chips and probably never will, sorry.