Official Crysis demo thread- Launched October 26th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rifle_Grunt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    o m g it plays for me very smooth on dx10, i have only postprocessing on low, very playable, get around 24-50fps

2. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Just installed the demo! About to install 169.01, I want 1920x1080 fully maxed out 16xQ AA/ 16x AF 30 fps Standard! Crytek make this happen! No excuses! :approval:

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It goes well on my card which is about the same as your 7600 medium settings about 25-35FPS.

This is the longest demo I have ever played, been about 18 hrs now and still not through it.

Thats mainly cause MY FREAKIN GAME CRASHES EVERY 10 MINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  4. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    i want more! :D

5. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    I am just dloading- hopefully good framrates- even if i try on dx 10 as i am running on a tiny monitor (1024-768) lol! i am so hyped about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    I thought Crytek said that this game would run well on cards like a 7800 GTX, what a joke by looking at peoples FPS even on a 8800 .. lol :)

7. vvv123

vvv123 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX
    Phew I thought I was going to get 10fps for the most. Anyways, what do you think is causing the crash? does the game require a card with better specs to run or is it something else. Thanks!

8. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Well the game does run good just not at max, crytek allways said that the game was designed to scale a few years ahead aswell, so the higher settings probably making use of next years hardware(geforce 9 series??)

most people with 8800's will use a mixture of high and a couple of medium settings to achieve better FPS and even then it still looks better than anything ive seen on the PC. 7 series owners are probably running a mixture of medium/low settings and even then it still looks good.

9. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Played it for a bit, but for some damn reason my keyboard/mouse input keeps getting screwed. The keyboard would just freeze on whatever it was doing before and it wouldn't respond to mouse clicks. So if the middle of a firefight, it would just make me run forward constantly, not being able to do anything, especially shoot. If I try to move around while that's happening my computer just start beeping like mad. How the hell am I supposed to play like this?

10. vipk

vipk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1 Gb
    Everything on high, 1280x1024, no AA - runs fine but the game itself isn't really that enjoyable to me... Probably because it's the first level and nothing really exciting happens...

11. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    cooooomon- 14 mins left @ 236 kbs

12. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Man, I woke up early today just to play through the demo again. Now I've beaten it 6 times, I absolutely love it. Definitely has some flaws, but they are all very minor when you look at the game as a whole.
    Its a very long demo, tons of re playability, (As i have already demonstrated :p), AI seems very FC-like to me, but with some nice improvements. No complaints of performance from me, i was pleasantly surprised with the way it played. If I went really heavy on the AA and AF, then i know for sure i would be down in the single digits, but I personally don't find jaggies that annoying.

My least favourite part is the sounds, they just don't seem that great to me. The way they work is almost exactly like FC, you shoot only one bullet but the game makes it sound like you shot two or three.

A big :thumbup: from me.

13. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

I finished the demo without a single hitch [certainly no crashes] with a mix of med and min settings @ 1024x768 getting around 25fps ave...which sounds awfull, but it still managed to be the best looking game I've ever played - and it played really well too, always sharp to respond with no lag even with the frame rate in the high teens.

Hoping getting an 8800 next week with give me a little more performance.

14. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    My favorite part in this demo are the granades. Very satisfying sound and powerful results. I reload certain parts over and over again just to blow sh1t up. :D

15. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    lol to last comment- commmmon only 50mb left

16. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    using driver 163.71 and everything on high i get around 25fps 1440x900, will try the latest drivers to see if performance improves..

then ill install it on my vista boot and compare :D

and yes it 4:13AM here :p

17. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Yep!
    The grenades are very powerful, a little too powerful sometimes. It was like I was shooting with a tank's cannon - the best way to clear a piece of forest crawling with NK soldiers.

18. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    I would just wait, save up for the next line up of gfx cards

19. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i dont know im running med whith some high and it runs great

20. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    WOW! This demo is amayzing! Awesome just awesome. BUT! I have never seen my pc fall to its knees like this.. When I put this pc together at the start of the year I thought I would be able to play this game the way I want to play it. I was way wrong. This sucks because now that I see how good Crysis looks I want to upgrade immediately! Damn Microsoft! And damn Nvidia! They know excatly what they are doing. Bastards. :bigsmile:

Crytek Good job ppl keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.