New Drivers Release (Crysis demo) 169.01

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by morfeus02, Oct 26, 2007.

1. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    All HDTV resolutions work fine but they also did before.

2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    it did not work before because when i put it on 1280x720 i get a black screen saying that res not support it but funny because the hdtv i have is a 720p tv that support 1280x720, 1366x768, and 1080i. i will try it out tommorow and from the HDTV output in the nvidia control panel i hope it really work because not only that, i can play any game at 1280x720 and play in its 50's in DX 10

3. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    It is a problem of your tv, not the driver. Which connection do you use? 1366x768 is not supported over hdmi with hdcp.

4. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    well i use dvi to vga cable and max res i got was 1360x768 and when i put halo 2 in full screen it did not work in 1280x720p. but again the 8800 GTS bring the Component(Y/Pb/Pr) cable thingy so i can hook up the Component(Y/Pb/Pr) cable to the tv. btw this is the hdtv i got http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...evisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LNT2642HX/XAA but since ogheeren you know alot about this then i, you can tell me which cable i can buy, dvi to hdmi or Component because vga was not working in 1280x720 mode but i will check today if it work and if it does then i stay with vga, many thanks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007

5. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
    No differences with a 7800GT (Vista x64). Almost identical scores in 3DMark, PCMark, Codecreatures, and a couple of other benchmarks.

(OMG, and Crysis only 10-20fps on Medium -> unplayable, 25-40fps on Low...)

6. Roft

Roft Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! GTX 480
    The problem is you are using the VGA. VGA is a crap input on all LCDs/TVs. You need to get a DVI to HDMI first of all. You'll see far warmer colors and you'll get better output. Here is the cable I have http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16812202023 It works perfectly. I use a 42" HD LCD TV. I had to use a DVI to VGA setup for a few days before the cable came in. It was a surprising how much better the overall look was.

7. duude

duude Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 1gb
    old games

cant get some old games lk GTA SA to run with tese drivers
    otherwise good performance increase

8. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    These drivers discrease my perfomance. :(

9. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    Yes, use a dvi/hdmi cable, much better quality (sharpness, colour, etc.). Try to get the resolution as close as possible to your native one (1360x768 for example). VGA is crap for lcd (d/a a/d transformation, low colour range).

Back to topic:
    Installed the new one, no problem so far. Driver seems to be a bit faster, but Crysis has still a crappy performance. Bioshock performs about 10% faster on my rig. Nvidia seems to get it on at last.

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I gained 500 points in 3Dmark 06 with these drivers over the previous set in Vista x64, which is bloody great. My Vista 06 score pretty much matches my XP score now. Haven't really tested any games other than Crysis, though.

11. HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    Hmm these drivers seem to have cut my fps in UT3 by half :/

12. Samuz

Samuz Member

GPU:
    Asus GeForce 9800GX2 1GB
    Guys,

Please excuse my stupidity. But what is the best way of installing these new drivers on my Vista Ultimate 32bit system ?
    I could find any info on doing this in Vista, in the sticky thread here.

I know that the drivers themselves usually uninstall the old drivers now, but is this good enough ?

13. bensdale

bensdale New Member

nhancer doesn't work :(
    I use Win Xp and i have the same problem..

Edit:
    Sry i understand now what you mean! I try this out !!

Edit 2:
    THX MacBooom !! nHancer works :thumbup:
    sry for my bad english :O

14. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Anyone know if its Good or work for SLI in vista 64 ?

15. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    John, I must say I'm shocked to see you give such a comment. A seasoned Guru like yourself should not get so excited by a mere 3-4% increase in 3DMark scores. Ah well, at least Vista is maturing.

Same here, what a shame. Everybody else is hailing this driver as the messiah for Crysis (as one should expect, considering this one was release specificly for this game) and the darn thing freezes up after 1-15 minutes of play. Not happy about it!

16. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    You've got something wrong then or didn't install them right. You have "Geforce 8800GTX" in your profile but who built it? That from what I hear means alot on how they tested these drivers. A low end built card has been known to have issues no matter what. Also ensure your virus/spyware free and anti-virus turned off when playing as with any other apps.

17. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    am downloading Crysis now so will test with the old 163.76 drivers and with 169.01 drivers

18. Alcyone

Alcyone Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX280 1GB
    I'm also having difficulties with Crysis and these 169.01 drivers. DX10 mode won't start in fullscreen and crashes during the videos in the beginning. Windowed mode, however, works properly and won't crash. Every other 3d app seems to be okay tho.

19. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I had to use the 169.01 release to get the Crysis demo to run. The performance is terrible and I lost at least 25 fps in FSX. Drivers just keep getting worse all the time. I don't see how we all can keep purchasing new equipment every couple of months. It's rediculous!

20. reaper.dk

reaper.dk Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800 GTX
    I cant use these drivers with the 64bit version of Crysis, it wont start. With 32bit version I can get to the menu, but the game crashes after I have set everything to very high (as it detected). Same thing happens with the 163.69 whql drivers, except I can start the 64bit version.