RivaTuner v2.06 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    Can Rivatuner control the fan speed on an ATi X850XT PE? Thanks.

2. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    [Deleted Post]

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

4. Unwinder

You don't need 2.06 for that, R4xx fan control is available for years in the previous versions.

5. Unwinder

All

We've got more than enough testers with RV630 chips and already ensured taht everthing RV630 related seem to be working properly in new release. So there are no more testers with RV630 wanted.

However, there are still vacant places for testers with G84/G86.

6. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    Any chance future versions of RT to be bundled with patch-scripts (soft quadro 4, ForceWareAntiprotection and SoftR9x00) for vista X64 ?
    Pretty please.....

7. Unwinder

Unlikely, sorry. I was actually going to cancel any patch scripts updates pretty soon.

8. Assassin8or

Assassin8or New Member

GPU:
    9500NP @ 9700 PRO
    Erm, firstly this is a shame as my 9500@9700pro runs CS:S just fine at 1650x1080, a bit laggy sometimes but my E2140@2.4GHz drags it along at over 30fps most of the time.

Secondly, this says for Win2k and XP only, on Cat 7.10, but doesn't mention XP64. Is this supported or not? If not then fair enough, but it kinda buggers me for a while until I get X1950Pro at Christmas (which means missing out on other stuff :( ), as I'm going XP64 for folding via VMware and Ubuntu64; and loosing half my pipelines will kill my frame rates at the above screen res.

That's asking for a lot of hard work due to the revised driver model in Vista :S

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  9. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    I hope you can find some people that can continue working on the software. You can find Rivatuner in every magazine/site review all over the world, what will we use when you stop? :(

10. Unwinder

Probably you're confusing patch scripts (which are planned to be discontinued soon) with whole RT itself?
    Patch scripts are just 1% of RT's features. And SoftR9x00, the only patch script that is still being updated is targeted at R300 GPU family, which is close to EOL now. So I see nothing critical in dropping patch scripts support in future.

11. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Aaah, yeah, I did confuse the two :D

I remember that you sad you were going to quit some time ago, what happened that you decided to keep on working on RT. You got 5000 fanmails? I remember sending you one lol

12. Assassin8or

Assassin8or New Member

GPU:
    9500NP @ 9700 PRO
    R300 may be near EOL, but when I put a spare one in my Brother's computer, which was running on integrated graphics, and applied the softmod, he had playable frame rates in things like The Sims 2 and CS 1.6 (at 1024x768). Some of this may have been down to poor cooling at the time which I upgraded, but not all of it and as he has a S775 chip, he'll be able to continue upgrading bit by bit around the 9700 until he can afford another graphics card (or I buy him one for his birthday/Christmas one year).

(Dob-rrr-a din m-oi do-rrr-ughh* - Unwinder)

*phonetically pronounced as I can only speak a few words and don't know the Anglicised way of writing Russian

13. nsegative

nsegative Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
    Awesome can't wait since overclocking is completely broken (it can't detect the clocks, however neither can ATItool) in the new 168.26 drivers (I'm running vista).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No it is not, try using either the newest official driver release or one of the beta releases.
    Got 4 PC's here all with different brands of 8800GTS, with 4 different Vista editions both 32 and 64 bit.
    The cards can be oc'ed on all of them, even without RT.
    RTFM and you see, that you need to do a bit more then just changing the 3D clock. I know it sucks, but thats how drivers work today.

Question, why are you using ATI tool for a Nvidia card?!?

15. Assassin8or

Assassin8or New Member

GPU:
    9500NP @ 9700 PRO
    If the updates to the ati2mtag file are merely time consuming but can be done to a formula then I don't mind self editing files to force recognition of device ID, which I believe is how the softmod is done.

I would just need to know what to do, and what programs to use to edit the system file. I could probably then take my guidance from the ati2mtag files out there, as I'm looking for usable 64bit drivers at the moment; I don't have, or have access to, a soldering iron at the moment, and I don't trust my skills in that department anyway.

16. nsegative

nsegative Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
    Thanks for being a dick without reading what I said. 163.26 driver broken overclocking with Riva Tuner 2.05, heck even Unwinder said it himself. :tool:
    Edit: I use atitool to test stability of the overclock by running the stress test which stress the gpu higher then any game can.
    Edit 2: I know I can use other programs to oc (I'm actually using ntune right now) but I really prefer riva tuner.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  17. sunderland

sunderland Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5770
    great programme but wish it would have 2d and 3d fan control in vista for the 8800 cards,so i could let it run at 100% in games,god im thinking of going back to xp pro

18. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400

use this guide

i did and it work like a charm ;)

19. nsegative

nsegative Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
  20. Unwinder