when will exactly nvidia fix fuccking alt+tab prob

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cefurkan, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    Well no one knows for sure. But to think that our hardware today is produced 100 % without fault, is pretty stupid to think. People seem to think hardware faults are single units failing, and totally rule out that design and mass production can fail too. Allot of things can be worked around with software, but obvious not all ...

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It was an issue yes, but not now as it was fixed in September, certainly fixed for me now anyway.

3. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    local vmem usage is just the vmem of the videocard

the other one shows the total used mem (the mem allocated to the ram too) by the videocard

4. Eej

Eej Member

No game loads all its assets immediately; it grows because you have to load units and levels when you start playing.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

How the hell do you expect anyone to pay any attention to you when you come to this forum and bring your attitude with you and start abusing people?

The previous poster asked youa simple f**king question and all he got in return was abuse.

How do you know how much VRAM this game needs or uses? Or if it's a driver issue? The answer is: You don't. Are you an I.T. Guru? Were you on the programming team? I don't think so.

If you bothered to read any other gaming forum then you would know that even an 8800 Ultra with 768Mb of VRAM only gets around 23 FPS with High settings. Welcome to DX10.

This is normal. When Doom 3 first came out there was hardly a system available that could play it with decent frame rates. Not to Mention BF2, or more recently, Bioshock. This is gaming with a new version of DX10 coupled with an OS that is still having the bugs worked out of it. You can't expect a game to be perfect as soon as it comes out - that's why we have PATCHES.

If WIC is causing you so much stress then go buy an Atari and play PacMan.

Don't ever expect me to help you.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You're retarded. Just cause you're angry at the world doesn't mean it'll bow down and work for you.

You have 320mb of video memory, deal with it. You have to use that 320mb sparingly. This is NOT a bug with drivers, this is exactly how much these games use. So you're going to have to set medium textures if you want to fix your problem, otherwise it's going to be jumpy frame rates for you.

The only reason your frame rate improves on alt tabbing is because it clears the graphics memory, and when you load back in it loads all the necessary information back into the VRAM. Once you've played your game a bit more, more content is loaded and your card is overloaded with texture information. Stop being an ignorant wank and accept that by buying the cheap 8800 model that you have to make some sacrifices cause you didn't want to pay the full price for the 640mb.

7. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    sorry wrong quote will post again

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  8. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I sure as hell don't understand what you wrote.

ENGWISH, DO YOU SPEAKS IT!?

9. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Maybe this is why they stopped making the 320mb model.

buy a new board and some ddr3 ram then they will be the same speed

10. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    em ur the idiot! 320mb is not enough for high detail graphics direct x10 games. you want a 640mb or a GTX for world in conflict shouting your big gob off dosent make you right.ppl on guru 3d are here to help you so gobbing off to them wont win you any friends and ppl will just post negative posts on your thread because of this. we are all here to help each other with all computer problems chill out

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    He posted the same thread three days ago. Probably been up gaming for 2 - 3 days and is starting to feel a bit edgy. If he can show me a game that's been released recently that only needs 280MB of RAM, I'll show him the Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow. Even BF2 which is 3 years old uses all my VRAM on high.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  12. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    lol agreed!

13. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Most games require 256mb or less. I'm pretty sure Crysis is the first game to have 256 as the required spec. I run BioShock and TF2 maxed out on my 256mb card (1280x1024) and I am always gaming fluidly (TF2 always above 60 and BioShock between 35-45FPS)

However to run most new games at high settings at a high res you need 512mb. My 1280x1024 res is what saves me, but I'll be upgrading to a HD 24" soon. I'll have to upgrade to the 9 Series or ATI equivalent when the time comes in order to power a 24".

14. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Just running the benchmark in wic uses 393Mbs of video ram at 1280 x 1024 detail on very high from within the game.
    I don't understand why nvidia thought of making a 320Mb card when they knew games where going to hard on the memory, should have been three flavours of the 8800 series not four.

15. cefurkan

cefurkan Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 470 @725 GPU
    omg how many retarted ppl was here

could any one explain me this

somebody tested titan quest which has severe alt tab problem, who has x1600 pro with 256 mb memory

he looked the video ram usage

he made maximium all settings and he gets only 2 or 3 fps

but his memory usage never pass off the 256mb
    why the game doesnt require more than 256 mb ?

no the reason is normal graphic cards works like this

they dont pass over their maximium memory

the game may require more memory but it doesnt mean that ur card will start to write datas on system ram

but since u are idiot u dont uderstand these things

and my friend who has 8800gts tested at 1024 pixel with ultra settings and his memory usage goes up to 450 mb + after alt tab his memory refresh and starts to get much more fps

why since the fuccking memory cleaner doesnt work correctly

but still u ignorants tell me the new games need more memory
    the memory never pass of its original size
    but at this fuccking 8800 series they pass
    and u still defend me nvidia lol

we want solution not the fuccking advocates

u dont even know how to memory works

i am computer engineer 3 th year student and i know these thinks a bit(sure more than u)

16. cefurkan

cefurkan Member Guru

GPU:

finally

somebody who has extra information beyond the just playing games

17. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I am a Jr in Mechanical Engineering (how does your education play a role?), now please go the hell away until you can make sense from a keyboard. You are attacking board members and insulting everyone.

18. cefurkan

cefurkan Member Guru

GPU:
    ppl who doesnt have any clue about this issue claims that i am ignorant

but i made so many tests about this issue and i am quite experienced about this issues

they just talk unconsciously

i am just insulting who insults me :bash:

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I have 4 machines, this current one, one with a 8800GTS 640, and 3 with 8800GTS 320's. I've downloaded every single official drivers since the ones that came with the release of the cards. I, nor the people who use the other machines, haven't noticed any issues concerning alt-tab and performance in games.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    WDF are, yes really a bit retarded?!

what are u blind and can't read, i told you that this WIC piss of $hit game consumes more memory if u use very high settings on 1280x1024 and 4xaa, what don't u understand here, your gpu doesn't have enough memory to play the game smoothly on those settings, get over it and stop bitchin:bash:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.