RivaTuner v2.05 development and alpha-testing

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's called clock frequency generation granularity and that's absolutely normal.

BEtter report me your name as requested above ;)

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Ok i got confused, i though if i have link enabled and it shows 702 and 1734 that in reality it will be like that :)

Name is
    Marek Sedlar(spajdrik) :)

3. Unwinder

Nope, in reality clock frequency generation inaccuracy may reach reference clock (27MHz for ROP domain, 54MHz for shader domain).

Name is in the list ;)

4. xelink

xelink New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640mb
    if possible increase the range on the shader clock area

also in general, make the increments lower if possible, especially on the shaders. Asside from that all is looking well.

also i noted that you get optimal results when you test shaders and ROPS independently and then when going for the final settings increment the ROPS and then the shaders.

if this is in the wrong place tell me.

5. blade9722

blade9722 New Member

Hi Alexey,

here's the copy of the small report I sent you yesterday by e-mail, just to infrom community that Vista SLI overclock is working fine.

Drivers: Nvidia 163.69 (X-treme tweaked version)
    O.S: Vista x64
    GPU: 2x 8800GTS 640MB SLI
    MB: Evga Nforce 590 SLI AMD
    CPU: Athlon64 X2 3800+ AM2 @ 2.7GHz

Results with CoJ DX10 benchmark:
    (ROP/Shader/VRAM clock)

512/1188/792 - 35.0 FPS
    590/1188/990 - 38.5 FPS same result as with Nvidia Ntune on new drivers
    590/1350/990 - 40.1 FPS same result as with Nvidia Ntune on old drivers
    590/1600/990 - 41.6 FPS

UPDATE:

I tried Vista overclock API in windows XP 64bit and beta 163.71 drivers (Nvapiusagebehavior=1). It seems it's not working, but in a strange way: either Nvidia monitor, RivaTuner monitor and Nvidia Control Panel are perfectly sinchronized to overclock tool, however from benchmark tests it seems no overclocking is applied. Moreover, it seems also that 163.71 drivers in windows XP keeps shader/ROP clock ratio constant as previous versions.

6. kalispimenta

kalispimenta Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @680X1030MHZ
    Just a little something i have my card wc and the hardware monitor shows my fan duty cycle at 60% with the fan rpm at 0.
    [​IMG]

7. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    My bet is the fan is still getting the signal from the card to run at that % that's why RT shows it running at 60%. RT/Forcewares don't know you don't have a fan.

The fan speed shows zero because the fan sensor wire is not feeding back a speed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2D clocks are not kicking in while in 2D and when my core temp threshold goes below the downward threshold crossing. ROP/Shader stay 3D, Memory will go 2D.I sent you an email Alex. Anyone else have this?

Also, I tried to link the 2D clocks but no difference.

Reminder, I cannot get to Guru3D from my work, it is blocked by Messagelabs so I can't reply or see your answer tomorrow during the day.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  8. Unwinder

Clock ranges were adjustable for ages with PowerUser MinClockLimit/MaxClockLimit entries.

Impossible, that doesn't depend on RT.

9. Unwinder

That's good news for SLI community, thanks.

UPDATE:

Well, RT doesn't use Vista specific overclocking API under WindowsXP and provides it for power users by default not just for fun. NVIDIA provides the same NVAPI for XP driver to allow nTune unification under XP/Vista OS and unfortunately XP's NVAPI implementation is just far from being ideal (if not say just plain terrible). XP users should use traditional overclocking interfaces, which are much more polished under this OS, especially in case of using SLI.

10. Unwinder

So what's a problem? Duty cycle graph reflects target fan speed generated by PWM controller and passed to fan. Fan speed graph indicates real fan speed read via tachometer wire from fan. And these values don't have to match. For example, you may set duty cycle to 100% (i.e. force PWM controller to fed fan with full 12V voltage), but stop fan with your finger. In this case duty cycle should display 100% (indicating level of voltage on fan connector) and fan speed graph should display 0 RPM (because fan is physically stopped).

11. Unwinder

I've already replied by email and repeat the same here. Windows XP users forcing Vista-specific overclocking interfaces usage must be ready to face Vista-specific overclocking issues:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2431999&postcount=93

12. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Got it.

I agree. Thanks!

13. xelink

xelink New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640mb
    I meant by default.
    though yes, changing a few values under the power user area is rather easy in and of itself.

14. Unwinder

Sorry, I don't think that is is a good idea to allow boosting a clock by more than +50% by default.