2 students shot at Delaware State University

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by T1tan, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    #1 in what exactly?

2. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Well supatitan I wish you luck in your intended career, try not to lose your way

3. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Colleges just need to allow guns. The type of person who observes that guns are not allowed, and then decides not to bring his, is the type of person who if he did bring his, then everything would be fine anyway.

If a woman had a knife and was trying to kill me, hiding in the men's restroom wouldn't make sense. Why do people think that it makes sense to hide in a "gun-free zone" (read: murderer playground) if someone with a gun wants to kill them?

Anyway, I'm glad that the two students are okay.

4. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Where is this at?

5. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
  6. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Hold on just a minute, aren't you the same guy that got arrested not long ago for pulling a knife and or bb gun and used it on your room mate.
    :cheers:

people kill people, guns just make it easier.
    I have owned guns all my adult life, I haven't killed anyone yet...
    My guns have never run off by themselfs and killed anyone either.
    We have gun control here we just don't ban them outright.

7. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    No I protected myself from knife point..

8. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    god i would love to be shot by a cop sue sue sue !!!!! BANK ROLL !!!!

9. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

LOL okay? When you talk about how f uped Americans are for the violence are you talking about yourself perhaps?? Or did I miss read your "Just got arrested again " post??

HAHA :heh: ya, I'm yanking your chain abit but really dude why include all Americans into your problems or beliefs

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=232109

Just got arrested again...
    well check this stuff out.. my crazy room mates friend and I fought last night, he pulls out his m4a1 bb gun so I pull out my bb gun which is a single shot rifle. As we point them at each other in my he pulls out a pocket folding knife then i get all pissed off.. so I throw the gun on the floor and tackle his skinny ass on my and I'm like trying to pull the knife away from him. My other room mate (douche bag..) is punching ME and biting me.. and he starts calling the cops while im punching the dude with the KNIFE in his hand.. after my room mate grabs the knife i let go and wait till the cops come.. at the end I got in trouble and no one else. I kicked everyone the **** out of my apartment..

I do not understand this. The dude had a friggin knife!!!! and he was swinging it at me and putting it near my stomach ready to stab me. There was no alcohol involved, it was over an argument because I used his shower and not mine because it was clogged up. thats the major part of the story, the rest is because I used his shower and woke them up, they bitched me out and I lost my temper and slammed my door on his hand because he was trying to get in my room.

Any questions? I really needed to see everyones opinion on who should have gotten arrested. BTW they called the cops not me

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  10. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    so right now you're comparing a brawl with my room mates to a school shooting? Do fights with friends really make this country such a bad place to live in? You think being held at knife point is funny? You seriously think I would let someone stick a knife in my face and not do anything about it?

I would never pull out a gun on someone if my life wasnt involved.. and haha you pulled my chain pretty well. And even that is an example of ****, as soon as he got mad he pulls out a bb gun on me, and like I said before he pulled one out first. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

11. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    WOW, You have a rather unique thought process.
    I didn't compare your brawl to the shooting at the school.
    My point, which you seem to miss or intentionally ignore is:

You post about violence in America and how it's so F'd up while you are part of the problem.

During your episode with your room mates you could have stopped and walked awayat several points. You choose to escalate from words to guns to firing the gun to even attacking a guy holding a knife on you. (what were you thinking).
    Don't you see the irony in that?

Do you understand now what I posted that for?

No? okay, individuals themselfs have a choice to engage in violent acts or not. You can't stop everyone that chooses to be violent nor can you protect people from everyone that decides to do bad things.

Anyway that's all I have to say about it. I don't want this to escalate into something else.

See how easy that was:cheers:

12. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    ^^BB guns don't really count as "guns", especially as i'm guessing those were airsoft guns...and tackling someone who has a knife to you? Maybe not smart, because you might get stabbed, but it is self defense...I can attest to cops being asses too (some cops, anyways). I've been hassled/searched for no reason whatsoever, while waiting for the bus. It was late, they drove past, pulled a u-turn, got out, and immediately started acting hostile. They had me spread my legs, put my hands on my head, then they searched me, checked for warrants, a second police car pulled up, one of the cops stood there the whole time holding his nightstick, talking sh*t and mugging at me...and THEN they tell me that I LOOKED like a suspect who had been vandalizing buildings, AFTER they detained me for 20 minutes (and there are a lot of things WAAAY more important that the cops should be paying attention to in this city, you know, such as shootings!)

Anyways,

When it comes to murder in the US, 90 percent of it is because of drugs, gangs, or to a smaller extent, domestic violence. Most victims are criminals themselves. Of course there are also incidents of crazy people killing for no reason, such as VA tech, but usually the victim knows the assailant, and has had some sort of argument with them.

As for guns, it is insanely easy (and cheap) to illegally obtain a gun in the US. The vast majority of shootings are committed with stolen/illegal weapons. Therefore, gun control doesn't do anything. The criminals will still have their weapons (because obviously there is no way of regulating a gun that doesn't "exist" on any documents...and they're criminals! Why would they follow the law?), but law abiding citizens are stripped of theirs.

As for school shootings, none here that I can remember, but a student at my school (City College of San Francisco) was "shot several times in the head" and killed last month, after driving to Candlestick Park ("Monster" park, where the 49ers play) to meet someone. Also, the same day an SF State student was found naked and stabbed to death just blocks from his apartment.

A day after the VA tech shootings though, some nutjob dressed in camo started shouting in class that he was "going to kill everybody, just like VA Tech." He wasn't armed, thankfully, and he was quickly arrested.

13. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Key word Arms not guns.

14. masterman

masterman Banned

GPU:
    VisionTek 1950pro 635/790 Omega7.10
    Play it safe. Stay home and play video games and bang the wife and live happily ever after.

The world is only getting worse !

15. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    If you're talking about the second amendment, then "arms" means "tools that can be used to overthrow the government," which in this age means guns.

16. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    The term "arms" clearly refers to firearms. Thank God that this is a RIGHT and not a privilege. I'll NEVER surrender, much less register, my arsenal.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Cool, ok so technically nuclear warheads are "arms", so i guess according to the 2nd amendment you're allowed them. Fantastic.

18. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b4d03ea2636.htm

Come to think of it, I'm curious. What else could the second amendment possibly mean, if not "people can own guns"?

Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about the second amendment, since I think it's over-used in debates like these, as opposed to common-sense points, such as:

"A bunch of murders occurred in a place that didn't allow guns, therefore, we need more places that don't allow guns. Brilliant."
    -and-
    "Isn't committing crimes already illegal?"

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  19. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I for one am wondering what type of prescription medication this shooter was taking prior to and during this incident.

Without exception every one of these school shooting was committed by someone under the influence of prescription anti-psychotics, anti-depressants etc. medication.

Instead of looking at firearms as the problem, maybe we should take a hard look at why in only the last 10-20 years so many children have all of a sudden become ‘mentally ill’ and are now in need of psychotropic drugs.

Most of these classes of drugs have “homicidal thoughts” listed as a possible side effect.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  20. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    I couldn't have said it better. America is huge...most of you forget how big this country is. Lots of people = lots of problems. Just be thankful we don't live in an extremist country or live in **** huts getting bombed every 10 minutes. I love this country and I'm hoping I get to see more of the world later on. I'd love to live in Australia.

By the way, I live several minutes away from there. Not only has there been problems in Del State, but University of Delaware has had many shootings/stabbings/rapings etc... You just need to be careful who you piss off and who you make friends with. Or in UD's case, who you're getting your STD's from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.