2 students shot at Delaware State University

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by T1tan, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
  2. Namsu2403

Namsu2403 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870
    Oh come on. whats wrong with people,

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    At least they are alive, glad its not so common in the EU..

4. Austyn

Austyn Guest

what are they putting in the water out their?

5. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    kind of off topic but.. notice how fast Americans forgot about Virginia tech.. ONE man killed 32 F'in people!!!!! thats insane.. no pun or offense intended but even in video games thats insane.. not since that Finish sniper has anyone killed so many people.. and we as Americans forgot about that so fast.. and yet Columbine and I dont mean to diminish Columbine.. but Virginia Tech makes Columbine look small in comparison.. we remembered and talked about for years! No one died luckily in this shooting but this is crazy.. the violence in this country... our society is fvcuked, and I fully mean it.. we as Americans are fvcking deranged.. sorry but this does it guys.. WE HAVE A FCUKING PROBLEM.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    now some will say "look they played alot of computer game"..doh...

7. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    You're going to let a couple of wackos define how society is is general? Despite our cultural ills in our country, there are still a lot of good people. Yes there are people that are screwed up, but they do not make up our society as a whole.

8. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    yes I concur there are many good people, but lets just say per capita we have more "bad people" than many other countries in the world and a country can not be the greatest with such a drastic problem as this..

9. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    I think the problem is the easy access to weapons in the USA...

10. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    I agree, but we can't argue that its our legal and given right to bare arms here in the US. But accessibility to weapons and ammunition is simple here, if you don't have a criminal record as I understand (I think it could take 3 days to verify??) you are permitted a weapon here in the US.

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Indeed. Some people who post here seem to be spoon-fed by the news media. I swear some of you must think we have to change our routine to avoid a school shooting on our way into work every morning.

12. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    I eat my news with a fork son. What some people need is an open mind and a more positive attitude. Being a patriot doesnt only mean you defend your country but also try and FIX its problems. Which country doesn't have any problems.. but yet again some countries have far more problems (violence) than MOST others.

I'm not simple minded, seriously Ive been to dozens of places in this world and I see how fearless and confident other people live, and I come back to my own country only missing it even more and wanting to help it..

and I am by far a liberal.

13. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Well, at least some of you admit that you have a problem. That fact alone is a great step towards fixing...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  14. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Country's like Switzerland don't have this problem.

15. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    Its American nature IMO, violence is our history and its surely our future. Canadians per capita have more (or around, sorry bad memory) guns than Americans, and yet their murder rates are fractions of what they are [keep in mind per capita] than its beast of a neighbor.

16. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Wonder if they got shot because someone didn't study for a test? School shooting = instant class cancellation. Doubtful.

This is getting sad. Maybe people should go under a psych test before they can legally purchase guns. Course then the amount of illegal guns sold would probably soar.

17. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    I wonder what causes this violence. I have been very angry at times but it never even crossed my mind to attack another person so whats the problem with people that crosses the line and attack/murder other people. No impulse control? learned from early years that violence is a way to solve problems? brain damage? hard society and if you dont make it it's better to kill than end up in the street starving to death?

18. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I think there is a problem, but to say it's uniquely an American problem won't solve anything.Actually, I believe politicizing a problem like violence will only make it worse, since politics, by definition, is divisive.
    We live here, we see local news, we assume things like "only in America".The entire world is turbulent now, and we don't own the market on violence.
    Just my opinion, but I think part of the problem is the electronic age, and all the devices that are supposed to make our lives less stressful.The Very thing that helps us so much, also breeds frustration, and worse, impatience.
    Instant gratification.Thats what we want, and society as a whole has lost the ability to cope with stress, and our "breaking point" is at an all time low.Add to that, the media that pushes violence to the point of artificial normalcy, and people snap all too easily anymore.

My sincerest condolences to Delaware community.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  19. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    If you think we have problems in this country then why whine about it in a tech forum. Get off your ass and get involved in the political process, get other people involved, make your voice heard.

The only way change is brought about is when the people demand it. If you just complain about things but don't do anything to work towards change then you deserve the status quo.

As far as the students I feel bad for their loss.

20. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    In america they shoot each other in schools, in Iraq they blow up each everywhere, in Sudan they chop each other up and throw the parts in rivers, in Russia they round up people schools and murder everyone, in China they have secrete labs where they do wonky sci-fi experiements on people.. shall I go on?

The World is sick, or shall I say, has some very sick minded people in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.