Crysis Mp Beta Out!!! No Kidding.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StreeTunder, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Hmm so many people critical of a beta so why bitch about it here your on a beta test bitch on the official forums after all thats the general idea of a beta "test" :rolleyes: .

2. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    Like the others said it is beta and its multiplayer/dx9, plus video settings have a limit :frown: But yeah you know it gets better then what everyone is playing right now, I'm glad the new drivers fixed your performance problems because I was getting a little worried. I noticed how to just pay the $7 for a fileplanet account instead of the quarterly fee($15.95). I was very tempted to go ahead and pay $7 bucks to play it but I'm looking for DX10 gameplay so just going to keep waiting. I won't pay for a DX9 game because I'm ready to move on.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  3. Frez0n

Frez0n Member

GPU:
    nVidia - MSI 8800GTS 640 MB
    i hate fileplanet. crytek and youre ****ing game can go to ****

im trying every ****ing day on the batch 2 and .. in few seconds , all keys has been disappeared.

im from argentina, sory for my poor english. but.. im so so so mad with this ****ing game :mad:@@@@

pd: aguante tevez :bounce::cheers:

-->fileplanet-->:bolt:

4. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    interesting post, anyway there were keys at least an hour.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    yeah.... i missed Batch 2 also. had to leave for work at 11:00AM (Eastern Time). the Batch 2 keys were given out like 2 hours after i had to leave. stupid work.

6. Frez0n

Frez0n Member

GPU:
    nVidia - MSI 8800GTS 640 MB

how do you know that????

7. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    Well if you dont like the beta, at least you could give me your key! :)

8. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    because I sat there refreshing the page every now and then, there were keys available for awhile, i know at least an hour but probably 2

9. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Wow.... just played about 40 minutes of it. The peformance was disgraceful.

Highest possible settings (on the Beta), 2xAA and 1920x1200, I was averaging about 20FPS. The funniest thing was, turning the detail down didn't really give me better peformance. Meh, turned shadows completely off and I gained about 2 to 3FPS.
    The thing that was annoying me most? The INSANE amount of jaggies everywhere, only way to get rid of most of them was to run Wide-tent and 4xAA on CCC, if so, I was averaging about 5FPS.

Surely is just a buggy, buggy Beta.

10. Jdoggg12

Jdoggg12 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800GT
    Why are people so upset that the beta is only open to FP subscrbers? What do they owe you that you'd have this sense of entitlement. Paying for the site comes with certain benefits, its likes whining that you cant play online if you dont pay for xbox live.

Its a beta..... designed for testing.... to FP subscribers. If you want it, pay, if not, wait for the FREE & OPEN demo.

11. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

Im just waiting till the demo on the 25th.

Hope like hell my pc will pay it at 11x8 res. at a decent setting.

also gonna run it in DX10 & 64bit if possible at demo time.

12. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I said it once and 10 pages or so later i'll say it again. I'm reserving all judgements until a fully operational, non beta singleplayer demo is out, with all options available. Or when the game is actually released. Then we will really see if hype kills this game or not..

13. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU

At that resolution I think 20FPS average is about right. It's possible your cards' memory is at it's limit and to be honest, your CPU and mobo isn't exactly helping matters. Sorry but that's how I see it.

14. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    ok, now that i have finally got to play tyhe beta, i respect that this is beta.

but, powerstruggle is honestly, boring. i want death match and other game types.

graphics aren't that impressive...i want dx10 graphics.

and they need BIG optimizations....still, i like it, and i have something good to play other then cs:s now.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I play at the same resolution and got nearly the same numbers. Even after dropping the resolution down to 1650xwhatever it is the frames only increased by about 5-10. The game is in an extremely buggy state, from double reload bugs, to frogs jumping on invisible objects. That being said, the graphics are absolutely amazing, especially the motion blur. I really hope some good mods come out on the engine.

16. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    What i dont get is crysis has been running PRE ALPHA builds of the game on systems less powerful (x6800 cpu, 2-4gb ram, 8800gtx) than some of the beta testers rigs, yet they were playing reasonably well at insane(2560xxxxx) resolutions in both dx9 and dx10 mode. H3ll, even the PRE PRE PRE alpha (lol) back at e3 2006 ran alright on an "old" fx-60 and a couple x1900s with 2gb of ram.

17. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ah well, with that being said it's obvious that a thorough debug and optimisation is in order. ;)

I still think you'd see a lot of improvement - in any game - with a better CPU though evilkiller650, as you no doubt know.

18. Dieheart

Dieheart Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    I liked the MP demo so far, I dont see what people are complaining about and it ran decent on my PC. I'll give a full spec review later.

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I can't even count the number of beta's i've played were performance has been absolutely terrible, only to have the beta run right up to release, then all of a sudden it's a complete turn around. For all I know there can be a **** ton of debugging code running in the background in order to detect errors, and because of that it's really choking up the code to run smoothly.

Either way, I guarantee with a few driver updates + a few optimizations to the internal game code, the game will be running smooth as butter in the campaign. Which is the only reason why I'm going to be purchasing the game.

20. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yep, same here. Although I wouldn't be surprised if patches were strung out over a long period, especially if Far Cry is anything to go by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.