Quake Wars Specs / Demo out (download)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CHUCKIT, Sep 7, 2007.

1. DES_MX

DES_MX Guest

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    I guess i am not going to Vista just yet in this case...

2. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    yeah seems like it as online i get higher fps though not much (40-50fps) :(

or is it because of my ISP? i get 400 ping :(

3. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    It's not just this game, have a look through all of the latest games threads and you'll see lots of problems with them and vista. Yet if you stated a thread about, say, putting off upgrading to vista because of the problems then you'll get loads of people say you're talking rubbish. :)

Anyway i'm quite enjoying this game. It's lots of fun. The visuals are nice with great draw distance and lots of effects. However the textures aren't that great. The tree bark looks very poor imo. But it doesn't take anything away from the game on the whole :)

4. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    dude.. ok calm down.... type com_unlockfps 1 and com_unlock_timingmethod 0

WOW your getting more then 30fps.............:ying:

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i hate the fact that offline game with bots FPS CANNOT BE UNLOCKED, i can't see FPS limitation and with shooter if you most put limitation, if any that would be 60FPS at least, but 30FPS is so so minimum and make me headaches, great another game out of count.

6. dboniuk

dboniuk Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    I guess few of you are old enough to remember the dark ages of shooters when were striving to get 30FPS. :)

Seriously, just because the game is capped at 30FPS that doesn't mean it is jerky. I game that gives 30 FPS continuously is less jerky than a game that gives 60FPS sometimes, but drops down to 30FPS during serious on screen action. It is the sudden slow downs and speed ups that make a game jerky.

Also, 30FPS should not give you a headache. It is not caping your SCREEN REFRESH at 30, only the number of different screens of information it will display in one second.

My advice is to try to enjoy the game with the idea that they are leveling the playing fiend with regard to hardware as much as possible, thus leaving tactics and skill to determine the outcome. This is as it should be in my opinion.

have fun

DJB

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm not judging anyone by what I'm about to say, and I mean no harm or offence. But if you won't play a game because it's 30 fps, then you're picky as ****. I can understand if it's a really low fps, like 10 fps. Atleast with 30 fps, it's somewhat smooth.

8. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Well, it plays great on High @ 1280x1024 (max res on my LCD) on my pathetic system. I'll admit, at first it seemed just average but after I read/learned how to actually play this game I find it to be a total blast. I think the biggest issue people are having with this game is that everyone is trying to compare it to the BF series, which really isn't how you should approach this game. While there are some similarities, they are very different in their execution. I've played the BF series from day one and I can tell you that this game is a lot different from the BF games. You just have to approach it differently.

Also, while I agree that some of the vehicles could use some further tweaking, I rather like the fact that they don't have BF's overly bouncing feeling to them. That is one of my biggest gripes with BF games. Way too bouncing vehicle physics. And along those lines, I'm sure that this game will get many tweaks and improvements in the coming months. Anyone remember how bad BF 1942 was at release? Yuck! Or BF2 and 2142 for that matter?

BF killer? Nope, but it wasn't meant to be. It was meant to evolve the genre, putting a much tighter focus on "real" team play. If you don't approach it that way, then you more than likely will not enjoy it very much. For me, this is a must buy and I'm looking forward to playing it with friends and others that are willing to take the time and work as a "team."

To each his own.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  9. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    OK just downloaded it and I have a little problem. In the main menu my mouse is laggy as hell!!! When I move it, it takes three sec to catch up... wtf?! I can't config anything like this.

EDIT- Alright so just for sh*ts and giggles I went into the game and see how the performance was. OMG wow, it's laggy as fu*k! My system should handle it on full detail at like 1280x1024. At default settings I was going at about 5 fps. So much for buying this game.

10. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    smart bro must be worse in your area, i got to play early this morning and i had as low as 56 pings lol. Not that good but i had a blast playing it, all max settings 1440x900 16af 8af, framerates were as smooth as butter.

the last time i played online shooters (except for CSS) was when i played that starwars battlefront game lol.

11. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    i think it's the first time i have to agree with you :D 30fps is utterly nonesense. to cirumvent it run the serverlauncher and host your own server and play on it. a little more resourcehungry but you'll get uncapped fps. have a look here.

12. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I think another thing to remember is that this is in fact only a demo. Things still change, and one point of releasing a demo is for the public to test on their own systems a more finished product so that they (id Software) may adjust and/or fine tune any details that are realistic to fix (i'e. FPS cap).

13. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    sorry, demo is final stage. don't expect anything else in retail.

14. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    im on vista with a lowly x1900....and everything worked fine on maxed settings 1680x1050 it was stuck at 30fps the whole time and ran smooth and looked great.

15. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb

if you have riva tuner in openal make sure that in render options DXT1 not DXT3 is being used ,worked for me

16. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    true that :) 30fps is smooth (or maybe coming from a 7600GT where i was lucky to get 30fps in COD2 and R6:vegas) allowed me to adapt to 30-ish fps shooters lol..but yeah, its smooth,even smoother than GRAW2 where i get 70-ish plus fps

so my advise, just turn off FRAPS and enjoy the game

17. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    Soon as i set com_unlock_timingmethod 0 framerates were between 50-90 in multiplayer, very smooth gameplay.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Well after playing several matches against bots, it always stucked at 30FPS at it cap, but i learned to ignore out of it, so it's smooth and that what important.
    However, judging from demo the game is not what i expected it to be, it kinda boring(i played online) and it's like run shot and kill, no thinking here.

19. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    For those of you that have more powerful systems than mine and are getting choppy framerates, there must be something else going on. I don't understand how my system can run the game just fine while others with clearly superior hardware cannot. Granted, I can't run it at higher than 1280x1024 because of my LCD, but I'm still able to run the game rather well for my system. I started out playing with the quality set to high and it ran ok, but during heavy fighting it would dip to around 12-18fps. Now I play it with quality set to normal @1280x1024 (5:4 ratio) and it pretty much stays at 30fps, regardless of the action. It just makes me think that there is something else going wrong with those who are having issues. Stange...

Edit: I should have stated fps for both single and mp. On single it stays at 30fps, only dropping some (mid 20's) when I'm zoomed in with a scope and a lot of action is going on. And in mp games, I get between 28-60 fps, depending on the action. (with the same thing happening while using a scope as in single player.) Either way, it is very playable for me. So, since it runs ok on my system, I just don't understand how anyone with a better system than mine could have any issues.

20. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    I swear this demo is slower than the beta....I still runs smoothish (guessin around 30fps) at ultra settings on 1900x1200...but it seems not as smooth.. *shrug*. Fun demo..but a waste of a download if u have beta 2. I'm fj#$kin sick of valley too! Ugly boring map!