Crysis Mp Beta Out!!! No Kidding.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StreeTunder, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    wait a sec.... that cant be right, they wouldnt limit you to only what dx version you have.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    why wouldn't that be right? if you have DX9, you can't play in DX10... and if you have DX10, you can play in a DX9 server..... but why would you want to? Pretty sure that if a DX9 multiplayer server had destroyable terrain, buildings, and trees.... the shear amount of lag from the server and client computers having to figure out what's going on at every point in the map would be staggering.

blue5: i think people keep thinking of the video's that have been shown and saying it doesn't live up to what it used to look like.... without realizing that this beta doesn't feature anything remotely close to DX10. Looking back at the DX9 video's.... it doesn't look too far off than the MP beta, which would be understandable by the fact that the beta doesn't look quite as good as DX9 single player.

3. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    if some1 is playing crysis in dx10 and he destroys a tree and uses it as cover, if there is a dx9 player then the tree would b completely fine and the DX10 guy doesn't really has a cover right? same thing with the houses...

4. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Ok guys here is the deal run down and facts about the beta..

1.) No DX10 support only DX9...You may have an option to run in DX10 mode but it is not going to let you play in DX10 because dx10 is not included in the beta.

2.) also you can only change your resolution only, you can change other things like graphic quality and sound but it will always be at low instead of whatever you change it to, you can put high and it will go right back to low when you actually play the game.

So basically everyone is running the game on LOW not medium or high or very high but low and in dx9 mode.

That should clear up alot of things for some people.

5. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    did you read my PM? :(

i heard the game was on high o_O thanks for the info

if that is low then the game is damn well coded

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    can we get some environment picture just of trees / water / plant life as thats the main BIGGY in this game the realness

post a few please and maybe a hq vid via fraps or sumat

7. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    what the hell? i got back from school and took a nap, am in the same boat has you, when was this beta planned to be leaked so early?

8. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    I read in another forum u had to change settings once you are in game, apparently it sticks when u use that method

9. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    gaddamit is this really happening??? OMG!!! wahahahahahaha

(i apologize for my giddiness, you can all shoot me now)

edit: damn, are you guys disappointed with it? lemme read the whole thread lol

10. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    This "Beta" thing is starting to get to my nerves. They shouldn't call it beta anymore, it's more like Marketing-poo-pseudo-beta + hype included.

Beta there beta here. Argh ! when does it end. It's a good game yeah, a real shoot n' blow stuff up theatre I like it.

But this Beta version subscriber only stuff needs to end !

And yeah the game looks quite good... I hope the gameplay is good too because I think it's more important.

11. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    why would they disable DX10? Thats like one of the things 8Series and X2000 users are waiting for.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    yeah even though its beta it doesn't look that great at all..
    hopefully it'll look better than this, otherwise this will go down as the most overhyped game in history.

and you need a quad core and a gtx to even get 30-35 fps?? Looking like that?? For a game that's set to release in two months, they got a lotta stuff to work on yet..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  13. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    they disabled the ultra high settings :micro:

14. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    Now that is just playing cold hearted, if i had this here i would have cracked the config files:beam:

15. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

there will be separate servers for DX9 and DX10.

however in a recent article it was stated that DX9 players will be able to join DX10 servers, and that the balancing will be done by the server...i don't understand how that will work though:

LINK

Also from that link:
    EDIT:

here's some more info. so there will be DX9 servers, DX10 servers and DX9/DX10 servers:

LINK

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    By the screenshots i saw the game looks a little bland and the color seems a little washed up. Also the textures are good but for some reason i have seen similar to those in different games.

I would really want to try the demo before i actually buy the full game.

17. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    yea i wana demo too... i dont care about betas, they always suck ö.ö

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It still looks very short of what they've been feeding us so far. I know it's not maxed, but maxed it would run like a dog even on D_worth's rig and that's something. Looks similar to BF2 only with horrible blurry trees in the distance. I never thought it would look quite like in the screenies, but this is well under par. Hope the gameplay is great because otherwise we're in for the biggest flop in years.

19. Waffen-5

Waffen-5 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 768mb
    Calm down everyone, when I played the Enemy Territory first beta I was so disappointed with the gameplay, graphics etc that I considered cancelling my pre-order, however the demo yesterday completely changed my mind. The same thing applys here, it's not the finished product, it's just a test to see how it runs on a large specimen of computers.

BTW anyone remember the Doom 3 beta??

20. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Oh wow.... some people! Ignorance is bliss.

I actually meant; why would us, the players, need to test the gameplay out as it isn't anything original.
    You know, a little joke because people have been whining about its originality.

Chill the **** out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.