Crysis Mp Beta Out!!! No Kidding.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StreeTunder, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    thats what i thought, until it asked me to upgrade my account to a founders account for 20 bucks more :D

2. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    wow ,that looks totally crap .FarCry or Battlefield 2 maxed out looks a lot better.
    Why the hell I don't see jungle in the distance on those mountains. And that water from distance looks like something from N64. :puke3:
    Very disappointed...

3. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i know, they got us good

4. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Wow.. you have absolutely no idea of what it takes to develop an entire game..

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    dude.... read. Beta.... not complete/final product. Multiplayer... tends to not look QUITE as good as single player due to processing power required for everything. and the key point.... NOT DX10!! the hella-long view distance is a DX10 feature. DX9 with that crap and it'd probably be at a standstill.

6. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    yeah i remember playing Graw 2 beta it was crap, then the real demo look alot better.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Like...holy dissapointment batman...Quake Wars looks better than this. I mean I understand its a "Beta" and you cant use Very High graphics but ehh im confused.

Graphics toned down for MP or not...IMO I'll stick with Quake Wars for MP...

8. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    You just got to hope for the best.. :/

I'm waiting for someone to say after playing this Crysis Beta Demo, "Well I did save some money on my car insurance by switching to Geico". lol.

Mike.

9. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

i can't stand people like you two.

you said it was DX9 right? DX9 MP will not support destrucible environments...only DX10. there will be separate servers.

10. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Me too it doesn't look as good as the screenshots I have seen ()_() !!
    the only thing that is special here is the water!!

11. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    I just knew i would cop it for that comment (sigh)
    What i was trying to say was A) it looks good (which it does)
    B) dont cry about the graphics..its a BETA FFS!! (and a multiplayer one at that!!)

Like Mr Worth said.."nothing is destroyable. you cant move nothing but the vehicles. trees bushes dont move when shot at or brushed against." so it is pretty clear that a lot of the standard in-game features are not implemented in this version (which im sure includes many graphic related ones)
    Dont stress :) the gold version will be mint :D

@Amoured..the single player DX9 will still support the destructible enviros yes??

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  12. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

destructible environments:

DX9 SP - yes
    DX9 MP - no
    DX10 SP - yes
    DX10 MP - yes

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    thecake: again.... it's limited to DX9.... plus it apparently has no moving vegitation or anything, plus it's a beta, plus they're SCREENSHOTS!

If one of the things you're talking about is the draw distance.... as i said... that's a DX10 feature ONLY! go watch some of the developer interviews where they go over the technology of the game engine. they specifically say that... and even show you the difference in view distance between DX9 and DX10. it's gigantic. can see like.... the whole freakin island.

DX10 adds a lot of the effects that make the game look a lot more real.... and a lot more detailed.... and a lot more beautiful.

14. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    well to be honest after playing it for a while longer the game does start to look alot better. its DX9, beta and all settings arent even maxed. only on high.. Still has very high for all settings... Im guessing this was a tease for us that is why they only included DX9 and high settings only. game runs @ 30-35fps on a stock q6600 and single 8800gtx stock 8xaa 16xaf 1680x1050 high settings.

15. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Cheers..thanks man :)

16. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

yeh i can't believe alot of people don't think there is a large difference between crysis DX9 and DX10. there is! crysis DX9 just looks like any other game, but DX10 is twice as better...everything just blends into the environment and everything feels very natural.

17. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    that makes no sense.

then dx9 can't play against dx10?

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    erm when did it started wtf, damn why did i go to bed without checking forums :( now i missed Batch 1, when will batch 2 start? any ideas when?

19. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    No, it was expected (NVIDIA 163.67).

20. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Armoured, I was going to ask the physics question, but thanks for the info.

^_^

Now this is definitely someone who doesn't have a clue. I built small games for my second year CIS programming course, and believe me. EVERYTHING must be tested. Doesn't mater the originality, its a program, and programs have to be debugged.

Honestly? The game doesn't look that bad. That looks like DX9 and the scale blows me away. Now the previous screens posted from ign were target renders, and we seeing the proof.But it doesn't mean that the game isn't a piece of art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.