Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well if your talking about a STOCK X-Meridian the Prelude will walk over it because of the cheap opamps. If you mod them with LM4562's then they are very close in sound quality they also measure very similar in RMAA except using internal loopback where the Prelude easily trumps the XM. Also, it is hard to say as they each have a unique sound. The Prelude is definately a high quality card though I recommend it to anybody. Perhaps I should start a review thread so people can check it out. It is one of the first. Thx Nutyo.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I mentioned in the review the X-fi Mode changer application is compatible with the Prelude. Just take a simple modification and you modes will change based on what application you load. Very nice. Is anybody using it with the Prelude here besides me?

3. mrlips

mrlips Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW
    Rob what exactly is an "opamp" and are the ones that come on the Prelude any good? How does changing them change the sound? maybe stupid questions but I have no clue.

4. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    quick question. is the x-fi still have low playback in the front like sound cards had for years? where the rear was always high output and the fronts very low? what is the reasoning behind this anyway? i should be getting my this week hopefully

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @mrlips, The opamps are the final stage in the output section. They bring the low level signal from the DAC up to line level 2volts or inthe Case of Auzen cards 5volts. The Prelude uses a great output in the front and great opamps all around the card. -The 2134's.

No the front LM4562 is in a DIY socket but I am not sure what your gonna change it with as most would tell you to use a LM4562! -so..you can get various amps that would changed the coloring of the front channels but that is up to you.

@1heone, No my levels are all balanced. Which is to say the same signal level. You can adjust each channel individually. Your fronts rears and center are supposed to be all the same level. Sometimes you can turn up the center a bit to make a movie easier to hear. My speaker system allows for all levels to be adjusted properly. There is No reasoning behind this your system isn't balanced properly, thats all.

Hope that helps guys.

6. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    thanks for the reply. its good to hear u can adjust individual settings and there all balanced. over the yrs with sound cards my front were always way lower than the rears and i could not figure out why. just like the audigy, some ppl used the KX drivers b/c it had a feature to swap the rear to front for better output. it was beyond me why this was always the case. like now my ht-omega sound card. while play games fronts are very faint. center and rear are very loud. this is quite annoying! i put my ears to the speakers to make sure they are playing. sometimes even with movies. did u ever experience this?

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No I never experienced it. What speaker system are you using? is there setting for adjustment?

8. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    wow really for many years with sound cards its been like this for me. i m using the z-5500's right now. with 8788 chip ht-omega. tried many diff speakers same result. i kno i cant b the only one..

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I have never noticed it. Try dropping your rear levels and turning up the over all volume..should balance out:)

10. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Can anyone find some place other than the gougers at Egg to pick this thing up? The manufacturer themselves is OOS...

11. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    try ncix.com.. its where i ordered mine.

12. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    The dolby digital encoding is done in drivers right? So the card is using a creative chipset, I see no reason why a modded inf will not allow these to work on X-FI?

13. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Oh wow I didn't realize NCIX had a US branch... Just ordered it for $178

Sweet :)

Well I officially cannot wait until next week.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    As for Vista drivers, the core drivers seem to be stable and run fine. Auzentech also has a download link for ALchemy 1.3 the version which is currently compatible with the Prelude.

15. auskast

auskast New Member

GPU:
    2x nVidia GeForce 6800 GS 256MB
    So I just got this card a few days ago to replace my Audigy2 ZS (Thanks for the drivers Creative....) and it sounds great on my Z-5500s.

But today I was listening to some music at a pretty low volume and boom... my speakers blew on me, smelled pretty bad, too. I just talked to Logitech support and my speakers are out of warranty so I'm out $300 for a new set.

Does anybody know why this happened? My card is still fine, sounds great on headphones, but why did my speakers blow? Is it the card's fault? Did I get a power surge? Was it too hot in my apartment (damn California heat wave)? Are the speakers just old? I find it hard to believe that the speakers just couldn't handle it. And I did try changing the fuse, as it blew, and every new fuse i put in blew as soon as I tried powering the speakers back on. They're dead for sure.

Well any insight would be great. Thanks.

16. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    heat = trouble

17. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    Sounds like a power surge issue. If im not mistaken the 5500s have a built in over heat protection where it will power down the speakers when the amp gets to hot.

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  19. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Just ordered one yesterday for $199 from their online store. Shipped yesterday and will be here next Thursday (ground ups).

link: http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

20. warrior

warrior Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 295GTX 1792
    Just received mine from UPS a few minutes ago, will have to wait till after work to install...Damn!!!! Its going to be a long day......