The Unreal Tournament III thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by David16k, Aug 29, 2007.

1. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
  2. .:sTreeT:.

.:sTreeT:. Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GT CO 256MB 470/1100
    I can't wait. My 2 gigs of corsair ram, new mobo and q6600 were just purchased for the sole reason being this game. I thought it was coming out september before I found out recently it was coming in november :( I hope it doesn't get delayed.

3. MrFox

MrFox Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    Even if this has exactly the same gameplay as UT2K4 (which it wont) but with better graphics I would still love it :)

4. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Its just another unreal game which in my book is completely...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never know surprises they will present us. In its all about speed and twitch. Blink and you die. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for november.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    This is deffinaltey a game I will be buying possibly even before crysis.

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
  7. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I disagree on the largest modding community. It's always been the same mods redone over and over again. But they do have good community provided security mods.. HL2 and VAC is kinda lame especially when you know for fact it doesn't stop much of anything. In UT I could always be comfortable knowing I'm playing with people that don't cheat. Instagib, eeck. God knows, I'll probably be Captain Hipocrit and cave and buy UT for the 3rd time round...Epic has very strong SDK compared to Source.. In UT, if you wanted to mod, there are a million and 1 sites to educate you with videos etc. It's how I learned to mod but now I work in Source.. doh...

8. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    He said ONE of the largest, and I agree with him. There aren't much "quality" mods out for example HL 2, while UT 2004 has loads. But the art requirements are differend.. so we should just wait and see how the mods kick off with UT 3.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I would beleive that the modding in this game will be even better than previous years simply due toe the scalability of the engine and the appraent ease for devs to work with textures and physics.

I highly doubt that this game will disappoint.. how could it? I'm pretty sure I had several orgasms watching those videos. SHYEAH!

10. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    that game pwns and will pwns all the time

ageia will not be implented into ut3

that "linky" u gave show mod for ut3 not part of the game

thank god for not ageia be part of ut3

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    that was a current mod that is going to be put into the final game they were saying

the game uses the Ageia SDK so im affraid ageia are in on UT3 in a big way

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    what about the Beta/Demo ?? :S

13. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I just hope it'll be more like the original UT than 2003/04, because those were just too hectic quakeIII clones.

14. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Yep, lets wait.

15. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    nope ageia is not officialy supported by ut3 and that is the final words
    they say that if they want (epic) to make use of PhysX they will need to write engine that physics calculation is an wholly part not just an addon, and the BIg problem will be that user who have ageia in pc cant play wth users without physx.

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Ageia is being used in UT3 in someway, it was announced ages ago and has been used to produce the physics in UT3, whether its in software/hardware or a mix of both is not known yet but UT3 uses ageia physics 100%

the unreal 3 engine uses agiea anyway, the engine is licensed to use it, its up to the developers if they do or not

17. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    UT 3 uses the Ageia PhysX physics engine. It's physic engine like havoc, no need to panic. And the level in ageia vid was done by some folks at Ageia, not by Epic.

Thank god it doesn't use Karma like the previous UT. It was a math engine for ****s sake that wasn't meant for physics in the first place.

More info about the UE 3 integrated partners program here: http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/169_1.php

And a quote from wikipedia: "Unreal Engine 3 IPP (Integrated Partners Program) including Ageia's PhysX[1], OC3 Entertainment's FaceFX[2], RAD Game Tools's Bink Video, DivX, Inc.'s Divx, Quazal Technologies's Rendez-Vous and Spark,[3] Fonix Speech's VoiceIn,[4] Engenuity's AI Implant,[5] IDV's SpeedTreeRT,[6] Digimask's Diskmask SDK, Kynogon's Kynapse A.I,[7] Geomerics's Enlighten,[8] Allegorithmic's ProFX,[9] PhaseSpace's Motion Capture,[10] IGN's GameSpy.[11]Epic used this generation of the engine for Gears of War and is using it for Unreal Tournament 3."

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  18. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    check out this site
    http://ageia.com/physx/ut3.html

"This new mod for Unreal Tournament 3 will include:

* New levels of environmental destruction with true gameplay impact!
    * Full multiplayer capabilities
    * Maximum-Impact PhysX using the full capabilities of the AGEIA PhysX Processor
    "

19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Fine. Mod, mutator, map, who cares? It doesn't change the fact that UT 3 uses the physx physics engine.

20. MrIbra

MrIbra Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD 7770 1GB
    It will be interesting to see how well this game plays, but one thing is for sure: The graphics are freakin' awesome! : )

//MrIbra