Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. davaid

davaid Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 280.
    Well after a very long waiting the Auzen X-Fi Prelude card is out from Auzentech which is centered around the X-Fi audio processing chipset from Creative..

So many people predicted that this card will be better than the X-FI from Creative as it combines both the best of the gaming world and the best of music world (inherited from the X-Meridian).

I have created this thread so we can discuss issues and testing of the card and how does it compare with the X-Fi's from Creative and other sound cards....etc.

So please post your testing results so you can help others make a wise upgrade decision (like myself).

Cheers.

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    well im waiting for mine but overclockers wont have it till friday now

MEGA PISSED

3. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    hopefully mine will be here by tomorrow

4. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    they appeared at the german distributor today. took me one hour to order one because i couldnt checkout with only one item (shop was stuck at the choose payment site). added one dumb cable for whatever and it worked then, hope it will be here by thursday.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007

5. X3d4

X3d4 Member

6. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
  7. davaid

davaid Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 280.
  8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Just mean they didn't bother sending it to Lucas arts for THX certification. Doesn't mean anything more then that. THX is not a technology....it is a set of guidlines and standard a card must meet to be considered THX certified. Don't put too much stock in THX certification. The X-Meridian wasn;t THX certified either and it chews alot of other card that are THX certified.

BTW, My Audigy 2 Value didn't come with a THX panel either. I do have a THX panel for the card now though;)

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Aww I'm so going to miss the THX control panel from the Audigy2 ZS. I love the chrome text. :sarcasm:

I could never see what all the fuss was about THX apart from the lovely chrome text when certain DVD's start. Plus I've only ever opened that once after a fresh OS install to set the D I/O and front channel position below the monitor. Apart from that nothing else was touched. Or I never saw improvements that I needed.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am sure the improved sound quality will more then make up for it:)

11. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    THX Sound you need THX speakers with DD 5.1 to get them. so if you dont have THX speakers and DD when seeing HD DVD or Blue Ray or DVD you wont get THX.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    THX isnt any thing special its just 3 letters and it just marketing.

13. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC

Yep, although it usually is a sign of quality.

14. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    that part is true, THX speakers do sound better then the other ones with out the THX logo.

THX means your speakers support THX BASS but again, to have true THX Sound, you must have a sound card or amp that does DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 and great speakers to get that THX BASS sound.

15. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    NO! THX is just a certification. A company sends a sample to LuasArts, if they thing it's good enough the give it THX certification, nothing more. THX bass sounds like a marketing scheme. Speakers can't "support" something, all they do is vibrate. And THX speakers don't always sound better than non-THX speakers. Take the Logitech Z-5500, they're THX certified but sound like crap next to professional quality speakers that aren't.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Audigy 2 ZS or "classic" X-fi are THX certified and the don't hold a candle to the X-Meridian for pure sound quality not to mention the Prelude. Just because it has THX cert's doesn't mean much. Some see it as a selling point some do not. I go for sound quality myself not how many stickers are on the box:)

17. X3d4

X3d4 Member

Nope.

THX is a certification.
    But the hardware/software must contain certain functions.

e.g. a speaker calibration.

They is now way for speaker calibration on the prelude momentarily.

independently of the THX, also the following X-Fi functions momentarily are missing.

Dolby Digital and DD EX decoder
    DTS and DTS ES decoder
    Dolby Pro Logic decoder
    DTS NEO:6 decoder
    and
    DVD Audio MLP decoder

In addition the Prelude the following functions seem to be missing.

one mixer channel less
    Automatic headphone recognition.
    and the bass subwoofer level

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  18. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    THX console on my X-Fi didn't help much either, the distance and angle selection are limited and I can't calibrate the speaker placement according to my speaker setup which is based on the guideline from Dolby. I can't change my speaker placement to follow Creative's guideline since I hook up everything to my receiver. My PS3, DVD player, sat receiver and etc use Dolby content so I would get the best sound experience based on Dolby placement.

19. davaid

davaid Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 280.
    Oh my god AlChemy of Creative doesn't work on the Prelude....

So no EAX in Vista!!!

20. mrlips

mrlips Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW
    I finally got mine the other day, Im not sure what I was expecting but it sounds terrible to me. Im not any kind of audiophile but going from a Razer Barrucuda to this is terrible. The Razer sounded so much better than this. Also about Alchemy I read that a older version would work on this card but I havent tried it yet. Another thing I have the logitech Z-5500 speakers and I thought optical would work with this card but I can only get 2.1 with this does anyone know why?