Auzentech X-Meridian Discussion Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by WildStyle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    N0sferatU where did you get the older drivers? or are you using the ones that came on the CD?

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Same here but I'm on vista 64, I have 11 games installed which I get 5.1 in. I put my ear to each of my speakers and test my games etc. And hear 5.1 I have no upmixing settings set.Yet some how he fiqures I lying.

If I didnt then, why would I be getting 5.1 in serious Sam2 and my 11 games. He has me shaking my head at him,thinking if he cant do it then every one esle that is must be lying.

3. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Anything that uses directsound hardware acceleration for multi channel sound will not work in multi channel in vista. HAL is missing, hence all games that do not use software based sound WILL fall back to 2 channel sound.

Why do you think creative made alchemy?

Read this

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/759/759538p1.html

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I had them laying around :)

I always keep old drivers around just in case :cool:

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The 11 games I get 5.1 in, Has software accelerating with 5.1 support. what part of that do you not understand. I know all about that already.

You dont need hardware accelerating for games which let you do 5.1 in software acceleratings.

I getting sick of people telling me what my hardware can and cant do. Because they have games which doesnt do it for them and feel. "I might not have his game but if i cant do it in my games, then he cant do it in any of his games no matter what" Thats what you basicy saying.

The games you listed in your picture are Direct sound hardware /open AL only. They will not work in 5.1 in software accel and need the hal.

The 11 games I list dont need the hardware Hal to do 5.1 they will do it in software accel. But it not like your gonna understand any way,your too stubborn.

Tell Serious Sam 2 it not suppose to be doing 5.1, heck tell freelancher that and the other 9 of my games which are doing it.

Go on thinking all you want i sick of this. I just gonna go and enjoy my 11 games in 5.1 that i have installed, and sit here and hear the ships in freelancer zip behind me on my speakers and all around me.

then dodge headless monsters as they run to my side and then behind me. and let you go on your mayhem . I thought Donnie was the most annoying person, I was dead wrong.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  6. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    The new X-Meridian Vista drivers work really great for DTS-CDs. All you need is audio filter that
    can pass the DTS audio to the surround receiver and a media player ohter then Windows Media
    Player. I use media player classic and AC3Filter and it plays flawless. You don't need to make
    sure it's set exactly right or make sure the volumes are set a max any more. All you need is to
    make sure the the DTS and the 44.1khz is selected in the Digital Output Properties in Windows
    audio properties and your media player is set to Digital Output. You don't need to change
    anything in the Xear3D to make it play ether.

7. Spirit02

Spirit02 Guest

GPU:
    6800XT/16GB
  8. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

hey, sup G3D!

XMeridian + LME49860 = sound godiva lol

a lot of u know this already from ROBSCIX/LM4562

a couple of days ago i upgraded from OPA2134 to the LME49860 opamps and im still in shock as im going through my music, hddvd = wow, havent had the chance to play any games yet but i cant wait

the OPA2134 sound great aswell they sound different but i still likem, will be adding OPA2227 to the opamp collection soon

by wed/thur ill be getting some LT1364 opamps to try out ill seet how these will fare against LME49860

9. Spirit02

Spirit02 Guest

GPU:
    6800XT/16GB
    Hey NapalmV5!

Glad you've discovered the awesomeness that is opamp rolling :D

The 4562/LME49860 are something else eh? ;)

I just swapped out a M.otorola opamp in my amplifier for the quad version of the 4562... it's niiice.

:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  10. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

opamp rolling.. lol yeh thanx to some ROBSCIX opamp fueling i cant stop now..

i was googling for opamps thats how i found this thread..

today i got the LT1364 opamps - oh snap!!

from my limited, short time.. my take on the 3,

LME49860: holy music!
    LT1364: dvd/hddvd
    OPA2134: everything sounds better vs the stock opamps

thats using the same soft/hard settings and without adjusting EQ

this coming from a guy that just upgraded to OPA2134 a month ago and ever since xmeridian first available thought that opamp upgrade is not worth it, boy was i wrong..

ROBSCIX/others - u guys will probably place the LT1364 somehere between the OPAxxxx and LM4562, idk, if u guys wanna try the LT1364 u wont be disappointed but u guys are better reviewers on opamps :)

next week ill have another xmeridian so itll be easier to ear bench the opamps

edit: i went back and forth between the 3 sets that i got and its interesting how the 3 produce their own distinct sounds, i plug in the burr browns i pick up new sounds, i plug in the nationals a bunch of new sounds unheard before, i plug in the intersils there it goes again, different sounds

so far i like all 3

gotta get some good cans, which do you guys highly recommend?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007

11. Spirit02

Spirit02 Guest

GPU:
    6800XT/16GB
    Depends what you're after, and what your budget is ;)

12. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

~200$

what do you guys make of these opamps? :D
    http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/M...reen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAM&Category_Code=OPAMPS

wow @ dual OPA627 :slobber: 4 x = 466$
    wow @ dual AD825 :slobber:

the OPA627 is a great opamp but ill go for 4 x dual AD825

is it ok for a guy to get excited about opamps?

if you guys say these 8pin/dil opamps work on xmeridian im going for x 4 :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The OPA627 are very expensive and from what I have been told the LM4562's compete with them for sound quality. I would just find a good set and leave it be. If your always on the hunt for something better you will never enjoy what you have right now;)

14. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

did Rob just say.. "find a good set and leave it be" ? :eek: *faints*

lol

opamps aside.. how bout ERS paper? :D

good/bad/worth it?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, you can keep testing if you want but after awhile you will have to stick with something.
    Now, ERS paper... Many have found once installed on their cards the LOST some of the clarity. I suspect this has to do with the ERS shielding medium making the negative EMI/RFI, reflect back into the card. I think there are ways you could do it to get some decent results but...I think it may not be worth the time.

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    just get LM4562 like I did and be done with it :heh:

17. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Where can I find a X-Meridian?

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You can't they were limited edition. If you can find one your gonna pay a bit of coin for it.

19. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

i was j/k lol.. forget the ers paper then..

thanx!

lol yeh the LME49860 sound amazing

anyone tried/know/heard burson opamps?

[​IMG]

http://www.bursonaudio.com/Burson_HDAM_Module.htm

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  20. Spirit02

Spirit02 Guest

GPU:
    6800XT/16GB

There's a bit of discussion over on the AVS forums, in the XM thread over there, about the burson stuff....

Not particularly complimentary.

Burson advises doing things that no electrical engineer would....
    As for how they sound, I haven't heard anything...