RivaTuner and Battlefield 2142 PunkBuster

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by benniebeeker, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Massive Overkil

Massive Overkil Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640 700/1000
    Played again last night........smooth as silk. Another thing I noticed and it may just be coincidence: I ran RTDRIBL last night in testing and I could never run that program full-screen (1600x1200) as I would get "out-of-memory" errors. I no longer get that error and can now run that program full-screen.

BTW...........thanks again Unwinder for your hard work.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Good news, thanks. Actually all but one tester confirmed that new protection seem to prevent issues in BF 2142 for them. I'm waiting for respose from the last guy then we'll start beta-testing the rest features of 2.03 and prepare it to public release.

3. kalispimenta

kalispimenta Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @680X1030MHZ
    Played for 6 hours last night with the latest pb updates with 0 problems.YES!!!

4. Unwinder

Well, I think we've got enough confirmations to ensure that the protection does its job. Thanks to all BF 2142 players who took part in testing protections of 2.03 in action. Now we can start massive closed beta-testing so whole beta-testers team will verify the rest features not related to PunkBuster. Public release is planned on the next Monday, 27th.

Stay tuned!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007

5. pilistorac

pilistorac Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD 5850@900
    I played for 45 hours so far without problems with riva 2.02

DNA-Force 3.7.16314x32 Beta drivers

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  6. Unwinder

That's a question of luck, like walking on the minefield.

7. pilistorac

pilistorac Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD 5850@900
  8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Let the good times begin!

9. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    Hey unwinder, i sent you a email awhile back about my findings. I was only able to get it working crash free with the MMIO protection enabled. Is that how these guys are running it? I installed it default and still got crashes. The cpu load i didnt notice but im on a fast processor anyways. I think you got a decent workaround for the PB issues to be honest. As for the g15 support, i think its great that you added it but you need some customizing options for it. I tried to have a buncha stuff displayed but since it only displays straight down in one line, i ran out of room. The option to be able to move where that stuff is displayed on the LCD would be a great start. Keep it up man and thanks for letting me help.

10. Unwinder

Yep, read release notes from v2.03 thread. I've decided to enable all protections (including MMIO protection) by default. So everybody are testing pre-release build of 2.03 with MMIO protection enabled.

There won't be such option, that will do customization drastically more complex but with almost zero effect for most users. If you need something more flexible - there is a plugin for RT for LCDHype, allowing you to use scriptable output and customize output as you wish.
    And they are not displayed down in one line by the way, they use the same value grouping technique as server's OSD. That's enough to display more data than regular user wishes to display.

11. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    may ask any of beta testers if they tried 2.03 vs latest PB with disabled MMIO protection

thx in advance for answer

12. Unwinder

I hardly see any sense in it. That will allow PB to crash the system almost with 100% warranty. Slammy was one of testers who tried to do that.

13. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    Thats cool man, i use LCD studio for my g15. I was thinking if RT could do alittle more i could stop using it and run less processes. No big deal. Glad to hear i was atleast alittle help, ive been crazy busy last few weeks. Thanks for your attention on this matter regardless.

14. ^The Falk^

^The Falk^ New Member

do any of u guys know a solution to this. My brother has created an account on bf2142, and its on the same cd and cd key as mine, now hell never tell me his account password, so are there any options i could take?

15. Unwinder

16. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I don't know if it's been mentioned in this long thread but vanilla Battlefield 2 is now affected by PB. So PB has spread their disease even further.

I was happy with RT 2.01, looks like I have to update now to 2.03

17. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    It appears that FEAR has also been infected by PB as well (MP crashes with RT on).

Guess it's going to affect all PB games pretty soon.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  18. benniebeeker

benniebeeker Member

GPU:
    GTX 280 710/2400
    i played FEAR and bf2142 for about an hour each with ZERO issues... i will keep testing daily... then i'll start loading the hardware monitoring back up and cross my fingers...

19. Unwinder

Try to peek in 2.03 thread and carefully read release notes. Go to evenbalance.com and check client versions, they released similar unsafe 1.7xx client for many other games instead of fixing 2142. Every game with 1.7xx will cause problems with tweaking tools.
    Happily, at least RT is now protected against this evil. But other tools will still suffer because of PB :(

20. ^The Falk^

^The Falk^ New Member

i fixed that problem, now its crashing when the walker cursor appears when u pick a soldier, and it crashes back to windows