RivaTuner and Battlefield 2142 PunkBuster

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by benniebeeker, Jun 3, 2007.

1. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I've pm'ed u :smoke:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks, will send it a few hours later. AFAIR you were requesting G15 support, so you'll be able to test it too.

3. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanx, i tested it last night and had no problems. Played for about 1-2 hours. Before it would crach BF2142 in about 15min.

I first tested it as is. Didn't enable any hardware monitoring. I will do that tonight and test some more but so far so good!

I also noticed that u added support for the logitech G15 keyboard. I saw the RT logo on the display. Just wanted to know how to get the info (temp, core speed ect.) to show on the LCD.

Thanx for all the hardwork!
    mRY

4. Unwinder

Fine, I hope that the protection really jammed their scanner so PB cannot longer hurt hardware via RT.

Thanks, I'm waiting for results

G15 LCD fully mirrors anything you send to the server's OSD via RT.
    So monitoring module must be enabled then RT will show on LCD all graphs having "Show ... in On-Screen Display" ticked in the properties.

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I thought so, just didn't have the time to play around with it yet.

6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Hey Unwinder,

Do u want the good news or what? RT is working perfectly now with BF2142!
    I ran various monitoring plugins...CPU (Core2Duo), GPU, RAM ect. Even played with fan speed set to full with a decent OC. Plus i got to see all the info on my G15!

Great work! Your a legend!

BTW I played for about 2hours on vista. :smoke:

7. Unwinder

Thanks for confirming. I'm really glad to hear that RT's protections are able to close the door in front of PB's nose.
    By the way, have you noticed increaced CPU load with 2.03? With the protections active I expect to see CPU load jump form typical 0-1% to to 2%-5% (depending on amount of displayed hardware monitoring graphs and GPU model).

All

Guys, I need a couple more BF 2142 testers to ensure that the protection is 100% working then we'll be able to start massive closed beta-testing and publicly announce 2.03 with anti-PunkBuster protections here at Guru3D. So if you were affected by PB issues in BF 2142 and wish to test new version - please drop me PM.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  8. Massive Overkil

Massive Overkil Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640 700/1000
    I would have responded sooner, but I can't play BF2142 at all..........because of damn PunkBuster. I've installed the latest client and I fear I'll have to reinstall 2142 AGAIN to get PB fixed. I just haven't had time to do it. But I'm willing to try your new BETA once I get my PB issue fixed.

9. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I didn't really notice any extra CPU usage...i doubt i would even notice it on my new Quad Core :cheers:

10. Unwinder

I see, thanks

11. kalispimenta

kalispimenta Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @680X1030MHZ
    Huau 5 minutes from re-installing my os and i found this post. Send me a copy i'll test it right now!!
    Thank You

12. Unwinder

13. rhinohide

rhinohide New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640
    RT 2.03 beta - works great with BF2142

Looks like you've got the "evenbalance" problem whipped with V2.03 .
    Good job.

I played for over 2hrs with no problem. Used to crap in the 15 minute range.

Statistics server running, Core Temp displayed ingame and onscreen in Windows, RT main window minimized to tray.

CPU usage is below 1% for both
    Rivatuner.exe and
    RivaTunerStatisticsServer.exe, they show 0% all the time.

Once again, congratulations on a good job.

Vid Card: 8800GTS 640MB
    CPU: Core2 E6750
    Mobo: Asus P5K Deluxe
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066
    Sound: SB Audigy2 ZS
    O/S: WinXP SP2 with all critical updates applied + Dual Core patch.
    Other: SpeedFan monitoring CPU and HDDs.

14. Unwinder

Thanks for good news. I've sent alpha of 2.03 to two more guys. If they'll confirm it too - we'll start global closed beta testing on Monday then release new version within a week as usual.

15. Massive Overkil

GPU:
    I've reinstalled 2142 so I can also test it if you like.

16. Unwinder

Sure. Give me your email address via PM and I'll send you 2.03.

17. Massive Overkil

GPU:
    PUNKBUSTED NO MORE!!!! Works great Undwinder. I played for about 2 hours without a hitch. FPS, temperature monitoring and fan control. I'll play some more tonight just to make sure.

18. Unwinder

Thanks for good info. If everything will go that smooth, massive beta testing of new version will start on Monday.

But to be honest I'm still in doubts if it is a good idea to release such workaround for PB's issues from my side. After a month of silence from Evenbalance I clearly see that unfortunately they don't seem to be interested to fix or at least document issue. I'm afraid that if I'll put a workaround, they'll relax completely and simply expect that developers of ATITool, PowerStrip and other affected tools will do the same. Don't want to spread such mine for my friends, but see no other choice.
    Maybe at least full description of the latest PB's unsafety (those who beta-test 2.03 can see a draft of it in release notes) will slap Evenbalence and finally push them to actions...

19. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Is your public Release Going to have G15 support still??

If it is, I Pat you on the back, as that is an awsome feature!!!

Good Work Dude....

Cant believe Your Still Making Riva And fixing stuff...Nice work

20. Unwinder

Yes. Part of 2.03 release notes:

- Added generic support for Logitech G15 keyboard LCD display. Now RivaTuner automatically maps all hardware monitoring statistics displayed in the server's On-Screen Display to the keyboard's LCD display, however power users may disable this behavior with MapOSDToLCD registry entry. Also RivaTuner provides command line switches for connecting to (LCDC/LCDCONNECT) or disconnecting from (LCDD/LCDDISCONNECT) G15 LCD, allowing you to bind these actions with hotkeys and easily reconnect to LCD (e.g. after resuming PC from suspended mode). Please take a note that these command line switches are added to the list of predefined applications available in regular launch item editor.