ForceWare 162.50 WHQL XP/Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by justinkw1, Aug 8, 2007.

1. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Huh startup is damn slow. Slower than with 163.16

2. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Ah....no, that lists your hardware not your software, you dork :grin:

3. MacBooom

MacBooom Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 stock
    nope not on the leftside there it is not visible, and going to every posters public profiles is quite a job, and adding your os to your post is 2 secs of work.

would be better that the OS part is visible in the forums on the left of our posts

[update mode]
    changin to the "Guru3D Ambience" solves th problem, no the os is included, but at the bottum
    [/update mode]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  4. kawi250

kawi250 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 EK waterbloc
    Or you could just update your hardware profile with OS behind cpu like me.

5. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    yea but notice how the difference in the SM 2 and 3 scores are.

6. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Pretty nice drivers. DiRT runs much smoother compared to the 163.16s.

Running XP32, btw.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    ROFL why is everyone getting problems with GRAW2 shadows, i dont have the problem :S prove? can post screenshot

8. lambi42

lambi42 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 gts 512 @ 740/1860/997
    Driver ?

9. Ryan Williams

Ryan Williams Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    I'm not sure how much experience you have with Nvidia cards and their drivers, but I'm willing to bet there's a roughly 5% chance of the 9800s coming out and their drivers being perfect, or even good.

It'll probably take months of optimisation and new drivers before the performance is at its best, which many people would argue is how it should be as soon as they're released. I base this prediction on something totally irrelevant like every past Nvidia card ever. :D

As for the HDR, for those who didn't read the 163.11 thread, an official Nvidia response revealed that setting it to off will stop games using the typical DirectX implementation of HDR from being able to use it, most probably for troubleshooting purposes. Unless you specifically don't want to ever see HDR for whatever reason, this should be set to 'on'.

If you set it to 'off' then 'on' and notice that both look better than when the game itself has HDR disabled, it's most likely because the game is using some secondary effects such as bloom and light softening that remain visible because the game still thinks HDR mode is enabled, even though the drivers are preventing the HDR itself.

To cut a long story short, not having the HDR option is no biggie for the vast majority of people. All it does is take things away.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Cool, i might just try these

11. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Huh? You have low fps, and you struggle to get it below 30fps? You want 20fps to get a better game experience? You actually work hard to get it below 30fps, and you cant, so you complain? lol?

Aanyways, i have to disagree, my 8800 is working great, great preformance in every game, everything on max of course. Yes it is a tad slower in vista than in XP, but not as huge a difference as other people report.

So once and for all, WHAT do these drivers fix?? So far in this thread there has just been a bunch of mumbo jumbo, get to the facts people!
    Have they finally fixed the bug where the Digital Vibrance turns itself off whenever you launch a game that changes resolution for the intro videos etc?
    In vista with 8800's that is, thank you!

12. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    off topic, but how come i can't get past the second mission in the first part of this game? i just bought the game. it's so annoying. it won't bring me to the next mission.

13. MacWun77

MacWun77 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX @ 621/972 Air Cooled

Digital vibrance delay? LOL never heard of that one before

14. Frank98

Frank98 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTX (BFG)
    Yeah, I would like to know which drivers you're using as well... and, did you installed the latest 2 hotfix for Vista ? Maybe it's a combination of these 162.50 drivers and these hotfix that solves GRAW2 shadows issue.

15. Bi2L

Bi2L Active Member

GPU:
    2x9800gt 1x9500gt
    Does SLI works with this Drivers???

16. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Vista 32 bit here and sli and dx10 work fine.Not had the dreaded driver stopped responding error either.Sofar these seem to be a very nice driver so keepers for me.

17. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    what do u mean u never heard of that one before??? when u start ur computer up ? and it take like 2 minutes for DV to take affect . thats what ai m talking about??? :puke3:

with these its instantly..

18. SeeJ

SeeJ Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozer II 560Ti
    Have I missed something?
    Installation just hangs at 'Installing Driver Components' - progress bar is about halfway.
    Running XP32, 8800GTX
    Previous drivers uninstalled, ran drivercleaner.

Anyone else had this?

19. Eliminator

Eliminator Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280/Dell 2405FPW
    30fps in every game?... i think some people are just noobs and dont even know how to install drivers... my 8800gtx is working great and i have yet to play a game that goes below 30fps at 1920x1200

20. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    Lol guys.... Barry's reply was pure sarcasm.