DX10.1 not supported by current DX10 hardware!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Armoured, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    But that, makes sense.

3. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    true

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yeah, i didnt expect it to work, its too low level, and( i cant confirm as i wasnt gaming on the PC during a previous DX migration ) i wouldnt have expected the current hardware to be compatible. Actually when i was looking at DX10 cards 12 months ago, NVidia said they would only be DX 10.0 compatible for the first generation, ATI said they would be DX10.1 compatible( which is why i actually waited for the ATI 2900 to come out as i could have spend 100euro extra last year and got an 8800gts instead o my 7800 ), anyway ATI then came out and said DX10.0 only, which left me in the crap situation ive been in for 4 months now

5. InGen

InGen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Ive got half a mind to sell my 8800...PCs have always been my life (in terms of job prospects and home projects) but if theyre going to charge us £300 for every .01 increment of direct x 10 updates then upgrading my PC has just gotten way to expensive to be a hobby.

and they wonder why some of us are now considering consoles?

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Last two paragraphs are interesting. 4x FSAA enforced for everything?
    So basically graphic cards will have to be fast enough to handle this meaning they'll be very powerful for a bit older game titles. If i understand this right of course.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Its rumour, but isint the 9800 supposed to support this with 0 hardware performance hit?

8. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    You people may say it's "because the games aren't native DX10", but the fact remains that the 8800 Ultra struggles with Lost Planet and other DX10 games on high settings. As long as the 9800 (which I believe will be powerful enough for DX10) supports this, it's all good in my book

9. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Jeez, I only said this like 1-2 months ago when they announced DX10.1 cards.

10. ToolJar_80

ToolJar_80 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1x2 SLI
    If it is true, this sucks! I just picked up my 8800gtx friday and there is no refund from the egg!:behead: Still pretty happy with the purchase for the time being.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    but the info was out last year( even before the 8800 cards were out ), although the ATI info at the time was wrong

12. Netgamer

Netgamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6600LE 300/300
    ROFL

SLAP again

M$

13. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    lol @ 8 series (nVidia) & 2 series (ATi)

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    mmm well im gonna get 9xxx series so i don't mind but tbh when we will see any dx10.1 games out then? ;o like in 2009

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, looking at the big picture it looks like ms wants the minimum standards to be moved up realising ofcourse that this is going to be yet another coop for the old wallets.

I'd rather they have chosen a minimum anisotropic level (4x ahem) rather than aa (not much of an aa fan, soz) but still, choosing the aa way will surely make next gen hardware even more powerful.

So, the stage is set for each gfx feature to be made standard...wont be long now when even the gfx card has a solid state hd to supplement onboard memory :p

um, will we be able to eventually run everything from just the gfx card? :p (they are beginning to have built-in sound too). Wow, I see the future! No motherboard needed lol! :D

16. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    lol @ the fools who got the SLI 8800 GTX and 2900 XTX OWNED BY NVIDIA. ATI AND MS.

17. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    Frankly, I don't care that much. My gaming rig after 1,5 years of planning is finally complete! (testing overclocks as we speak :D) Now I just want Crysis, Spore, UT3, DNF (yeah yeah sue me!), Hellgate London...
    I don't care if some of the above titles don't support dx10 even. This 8800GTS is a powerful card and it all looks great! GIMME GAMES!!!

18. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    so does that mean that if you upgrade to 10.1 and you play Crysis on a 8800 GTX then your not going to be playing at DirectX 10 anymore ?

ouch...

19. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    No Directx 10.1 game now, maybe in 2009, 2009 you can get Directx 11 graphics card.

20. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Ah, sweet tears.
    There is not even a native DX10 game around and no DX10.1 game announced but everybody starts crying about how much it does suck. Get some consoles, please.