GTR2 thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Sep 16, 2006.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Logitech DFP has metal parts also, including the pots. An excellent wheel for less money. Highly recommended.

2. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Mark: Thanks for the kind words. And about the video, basically I just made it 'cause I loved that game and I made quite a lot of videos so I could remind myself of the good times in the future. I also wanted you lot to realise how much I enjoyed your company in the pits, out on the track, and in our threads. The game wouldn't have been half as much fun without you three.

And expensive wheel & pedal sets are a waste of money for casual players. A DFP is much better suited to the job. Coming from a keyboard any wheel is going to take a while to get used to though. I was wank at GTL with the wheel because Id always played it on the kb but was fine in GTR2 because I'd played it on a wheel from the hour the demo was released.

3. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    If your on a budget then yeah $325.00 is alot of mula for a wheel but if your financially free, why not splurge, both sides are presented here. The inexpensive plastic logitech and the expensive superwheel.....its the buyer's discretion... the Hundyai or the Lexus....i like my wheel's sensitivity and reliability. Wild style thinks i wasted my money, but its my money....No wheel can make you go faster or slower, but sensitivity translates to real racing feel which in turn translates to fun on the race track, and the fun I've had over the years with it more then exceeds a losey $700.00 bucks...........besides I'm a big Nascar fan and if Dale jr, and Ryan Newman, and a host of others race online with my wheel then that validates its quality. True racing feel is what its all about and for me you just cant get that with plastic! I wish i could get a quality wheel for my x-box 360!....lol

4. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I think Dave was simply trying to say, expensive wheels are a waste of money if you're playing at a casual level. More reliability and sensitivity is not something your average racer will appreciate, therefore it is a waste of money.

I ride a £2000 Specialized road bike at weekends, it's a beautiful bicycle, lightweight, strong and extremely quick. It would be a complete waste of money if my neighbour bought one to commute.

Comprende?

EDIT: Oh yeah, the great Cipollini used to race on my bike, which must make me a pro. ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007

5. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    As I said, you're recommending someone who probably only plays GTR2 on a casual basis a very expensive wheel and I do think that they would be wasting their money if they followed your advice.

As for you personally, obviously you can do whatever the hell you like with your money, because it's your money. I never said you couldn't spend your money however you like.

If we're going down the route of certain people using certain wheels so therefore that makes it good, Ryan Foss used a DFP and so did I. But really it's the person using the wheel that makes the difference not the wheel itself, hence I never felt the need to blow my money on an expensive wheel because it wouldn't have made me any better.

Edit: yes that's what I meant. :)

6. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    In the interest of clarification, I guess we need to define what a casual racer is. I race at least 2-3 times a week or about 20 laps each time, I don't belong to a team, i don't do scheduled races etc....I don't have my own server, and i only posses a basic knowledge of set up physics, is that casual in your book guys? because if it is then like wildstyle says, "I've wasted my money"...

To me a hard core sim racer races almost every day and is usually on a team and participates in regularly scheduled races and usually has his own server or is a member to one, also focuses on set up physics to get the most out of his car..etc... So am i casual racer, or a hard core sim racer.

7. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Err.. this wasn't about you, but if you want to make it about you, then you sound in between the two but swaying more to casual.

A casual racer is the majority of people on this forum who play GTR2 besides us lot. Someone who plays the game occasionally amongst playing other genres of games, enjoys it but doesn't compete, no knowledge of how to setup a car, no server, no team, just plays for fun a couple of times a week.

That was my point, that it would be silly for someone like the above to spend hundreds of dollars on an expensive wheel and pedal setup, as I've already said. Hopefully things are clearer now, let's move on.

8. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Yes I saw that video it is nice :cool: but is that replay video ??? Cockpit view is the best IMO to drive sim games and replay mode in TV mode also give indcation whether it was clean driving or not :bash: You play in that camera view :p

9. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    Hey guys am a nob. and am a casual player....whats a good car setup for a wide spead of cars for keeping the cars on road....whats the basics??

10. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    You're a nob? lol excellent :D

I'd say start off with a lot of downforce, and reduce the diff 'power' setting and increase 'cruise' (I think that's what they're called). As you get better, tweak these settings to suit you.

Also close the brake radiator opening one notch so the brakes stay warm.

11. Diorama

Diorama Master Guru

GPU:
    OcUK 7900 GS 512MB
    What is that website with the mods for games like rForce and GTR1/2? it has hundreds of new cars and tracks etc with some replays, I had it before but when I changed HD I lost it all and I want it so please help :D

12. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    NoGrip.

13. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    rofl.

Stick to the default setups atlas, they'll do exactly what you're asking.

14. Diorama

Diorama Master Guru

GPU:
    OcUK 7900 GS 512MB
    Ah brilliant thanks.

15. egorn5

egorn5 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 7950GX2 "Superclocked"550/1400
    lol hi nob

16. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    LOL, this is turning into a Ben Elton thread! :)

17. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Well...since im back, i figured i would dig out the old thread. Looking back since my last post things got a little bitchy round here.:grin:

Anyway i clamped on my old wheel and took that disgustingly fast ferrari out for a quick spin round Monza. Followed by an 8 lap Race, again at Monza. And i was quite proud of myself :) i managed to come third, and in fact i almost had the car in front of me but i got a little overzealous on the last lap and on the final corner i lost traction for a split second and almost went off, and so ... i had to settle for third.

Which is happy days for me because last time, the best i could get was 5th and no. 4 was miles ahead of me.:rolleyes:

lol. anyways, im gonna keep updating my progress (whether you wanna hear it or not haha:) ) seeing as how its the weekend now.

Lillej:approval:

18. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    I just got this and needless to say I'm not the best driver..

runs really well and looks killer tho..

[​IMG]

19. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    I guess I want to play a real racing game. I don't want to invest in a wheel just yet but is GTR 2 any good with a regular gamepad or a joystick?

20. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    no get a wheel....have your tried Colin Mcrae "Dirt"