New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badsykes

badsykes Active Member

GPU:
    HD6950 2gb unlocked
    Patience guys.. Is 19th today..During the next 10 days the new Catalyst will be officialy released..I have 2900xt so i am more in need for a new driver than all of you with older cards :p
    Ray anything about EATM for 2900xt in the new driver. I tried to activate it through ATT and the only effect i got is transparent buildings in HL2 but the image quality is no different than msaa 2x only ... :(
    I hope the AA bug for 2900xt it will be fixed...I am not a fun of AA but in some games like DOD where every point in your image make a diference between a simple enemy and wall margins it will be useful..
    I saw an intersting thing..In HL2 Lost Coast i have that FOG bug but in DOD is not...Kinda intersting...I use cat 7.6

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Ray, I think Tray Tools conflicts with the newest Catalyst display driver (v7.7)...

[​IMG]

As you can see, the 'Temperature' slider is in the wrong place. I just performed a clean install of ATT + Cat 7.7 by the way, so I'm fairly certain it's an ATT bug. What fortifies my presumption is that before performing a clean install, I installed Catalyst 7.7 normally by just keeping ATT installed throughout the procedure, but to my dismay, when I opened the 'Options' window in 'Displays' [Display --> Settings] after installing the driver, my color temperature became completely forked up (the Temperature slider was at that time to the right of the Horizontal, Vertical and Composite boxes under "Synchronization"). After a bit of investigation, I discovered that the 'Temperature' slider was being reset to the far left side of the bar each time upon opening the 'Options' window. I hope you get this fixed, Ray. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What do mean wrong place? :) This temperature slider now works starting from Catalyst 7.7, but at this moment I think Catalyst has problem with it. Catalyst report about temperature to ATT and ATT use it. I can not control HOW it should work.
    For me (I use bat Catalyst 8.40) I don't have this bug. When I open Display options temperature remains same . Only when I move slider I get cold or warm temperatures , but can not find original state manually. Just press cancel button :)

4. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I mean that when I first installed 7.7 and kept ATT installed for the duration, the Temperature slider was under 'Synchronization' in the Standard tab, and looked like that was where it belonged. When I did a fresh install of everything however, the Temperature slider had somehow made its way to where you see it in the picture: to the Avivo Colors section. This is probably not its proper location for two reasons:

1. Pressing the "Defaults" button has no effect on the Temperature slider when it is located in Avivo Colors, but pressing the "Defaults" button when the slider was under the Standard tab did have an effect; it worked.

2. There is a strange, darkish gray line under the slider itself, implying that it is bugged, whereas it had no such thing when it was under the "Standard" tab under 'Synchronization'.
    Yeah, I noticed. It's always been grayed out before.
    Seems so.
    So it is a Catalyst problem then...?
    So I suppose it is safe to assume that this bug is fixed with Catalyst 7.8? :)
    Just to be clear on this: The Cancel button did not work, the settings automatically got applied even if I didn't touch anything and pressed Cancel... That said, I also feel I should mention that I am no longer getting this bug, now that I did a fresh install, but what I am experiencing now is the "misplacement of the Temperature slider" -bug. :) Hope that clears it up.

5. gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7970 3GB
    hmm...
    for me the temperature slider is still greyed out and i can't move it...
    cat 7.7 and att beta 1047...
    i don't have this grey line under it, and its position is as far left as possible...
    from looking at your screenshot i assume you use "display 2"...
    for me it's "display 1"...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  6. me3850

me3850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Gtx 970 Gaming 4G
    i found the AMD_Sample_8.40_RC3_XP_July16_BR50518 but only for xp where is for vista?? argh...

7. simri

simri New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 2900 XT @ 850/1000
  8. me3850

me3850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Gtx 970 Gaming 4G
    oh thanks a lot...

9. Yusuke

Yusuke Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E 16x
    What relevance are these ATi beta drivers to ATT beta version...

10. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Hello Ray... I absolutely love everything you've done with ATT, it's an absolute godsend of a program that I couldn't live without. I was curious though, i've just recently grabbed some 2900's, and i'm not too fond of using CCC (to access the greater AA levels and such). I was wondering if there are plans to include the ability to access these new AA levels in the next release of ATT? If so, fantastic. If not, any ideas when we might see that? :)

It's slightly off topic for this thread, but I also just wanted to poke my nose in and ask about a strange issue i'm having. It seems that (regardless of what version of ATT I use), one of the primary games I play is Vietcong, and it has its 'Hradba' anti-cheat system. For some reason, with ATT running it seems to think i'm using some kind of Direct3d Hook DLL or such, and proceeds to kick me from any protected servers... Any idea what setting might be causing this? I seem to recall disabling Geometry Instancing helped once, but i'd hope it's not this setting in particular, as disabling/enabling it even once causes my system to BSOD at 'ATI3DUAG.DLL', which is a bit strange.

Keep up the good work!

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    In future, yes. I just don't have 2900 on my hands to make all updates to ATT and also at this moment I even have no time to make big changes in ATT. I have to finish a lot of project on my primary job

12. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    seems like when using driver 8.40 RC3 , X1950pro/XT and ATT 1.3.6.1047

then there is some problem with ATT accessing hw monitoring on GPU
    on hardware page GPU shows temperature and ENV shows as 0
    since that moment nothing is able access GPU sensors ...

but before i enter hardware page i can access sensors fine (Everest, RT etc)

13. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    I use the latest version (1.3.6.1047) with the latest ATi drivers (Catalyst 7.7) and Windows Vista x64 Ultimate, but there are some serious bugs...

Most settings in "Standard Tweaks" resets after closing the window but I doubt they change at all. Even the non-related "Refresh Rate Override" setting does not apply.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  14. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    I have messed around with these settings and some other in the "3D Settings" and "Standard Tweak" sections of the utility, but suddenly GTA 3: San Andreas refused to load my saved games at some moments and Age of Empires 3 do not start correctly. The game shows the videos and then the loading screen but as the music starts the game crashes to desktop. Windows Vista gives this information:

Code:
    Problemsignatur:
      Problemhändelsens namn:	APPCRASH
      Programnamn:	age3x.exe
      Programversion:	5.107.220.441
      Programtidsstämpel:	45db8591
      Namn på felmodul:	atiumdag.dll
      Modulens version:	7.14.10.510
      Tidsstämpel för felmodul:	4681bff8
      Undantagskod:	c0000005
      Undantagsförskjutning:	00025a64
      OS-version:	6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
      Språkvariant-ID:	1053
    It's in swedish but as we can see the ATiumdag.dll is involved, and that would most likely be a file from CCC or the display driver.

EDIT:
    I tried to reset everything back to default in ATi Tray Tools, but now nothing in 3D works anymore. So I tried to start CCC and not even CCCPrev.exe (The 3D Preview) could be executed! I will try to reinstall my drivers later.

EDIT2:
    I uninstalled all ATi related software and did a new install, but 3D applications still doesn't work. I recall forcing Pixel and Vertex Shaders, disabling Z Mask and testing different Z Compression Modes, even disabling the DXVA_WMV in registry. All this has been done from ATi Tray Tools, but it has all been reinstalled and set at default - so what could be the problem?

15. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I don't see how forcing Z compression/shader settings can crash every 3D application, but DXVA_WMV I would suspect is capable of such consequences. Try to enable it (place a checkmark into the box) and see what happens. If I remember correctly, it should be enabled anyway, but it can't hurt to try.

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Just uninstalling Catalys, cleaning registry should help if you messed up with some settings. About Pixel/Vertex shader override! Never touch it leave in "No override" mode. This is only for debug purpose ! Your board already capable to operate with Shaders at version supported by board. No needs to force it.

17. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    I have already restored those settings. Before the problems appeared I played GTA: San Andreas. After that I tweaked the game through ATT, and then the game crashed to desktop at some times so I set everything back at default and then nothing worked AT ALL with 3D. It makes no sense as I set everything back to default and even reinstalled the current driver.

I already done that too. Not cleaned the registry however...

EDIT:
    The screensaver went on, and a message simular to the one before appeared:

Code:
    Problemsignatur:
      Problemhändelsens namn:	APPCRASH
      Programnamn:	ssBranded.scr
      Programversion:	6.0.6000.16386
      Programtidsstämpel:	4549bb8b
      Namn på felmodul:	atiumd64.dll
      Modulens version:	7.14.10.510
      Tidsstämpel för felmodul:	4681becd
      Undantagskod:	c0000005
      Undantagsförskjutning:	0000000000034460
      OS-version:	6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
      Språkvariant-ID:	1053
      Ytterligare information 1:	ab58
      Ytterligare information 2:	b12bf40e16e368ec3a024c2227cdc19f
      Ytterligare information 3:	1bd5
      Ytterligare information 4:	3e9dd0ea8c3011efcf147a3c9eff43aa
    When a game crashes it reports the error as atiumdag.dll, but when the screensaver crashes it reports a file called atiumd64.dll. I don't know what I could have messed up as this tells me absolutly nothing. :/

This is my current configuration in the advanced section of ATT:
    (In correct order...)

Support for Non power of two size textures (On)
    Primary Tiling (On)
    Export OpenGL 2.0 procedures (On)
    Enable merged 3D Mode (On)
    DXVA_WMV (On)
    Denoise (On)

All other registry settings are marked as "unknown" but the settings in Vista Avivo that is off except for DI_METHOD (Unknown) and Denoise (On). All this looks default to me. What say you?

In Standard Tweaks, VPU Recovery is checked (I want to disable it but it's impossible), Disable DMA Copy is unchecked but Disable Block Write is checked, and WMV Acceleration is checked.

18. Yusuke

Yusuke Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E 16x
    I'd suggest getting Driver Cleaner Pro and use that to clean your registry of ATi settings

19. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Follow this guide to the Q and see if that helps. Also perform the extra steps.

20. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    Thanks, but I doubt it will work as my second uninstallation of CCC got corrupt and ATi's installer refuses to install it correctly again. I created another thread about this as the current state is not related to ATi Tray Tools.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=233945

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.