Nvidia 9800GTX specs released.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by spunkyXL, Jul 25, 2007.

1. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    All I can say is I'm glad I waited.

2. mastershakejb

mastershakejb Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640Meg @ 692 Mhz / 2.1Ghz
    I'm glad I DIDN"T wait, and I'll buy a 9800 GTS when they come out too. :D
    And if ATI actually releases somethign more powerful later on that year, I'll buy that (though again, I don't think we'll be seeing a flagship, high end model from ATI in 2008, I think we'll only see mid and lower end from them, they paid a dear price they can't afford this year reaching for the top and falling short, I don't think they want to spend that much again in RnD just yet, plus I think they think the real money is in middle and lower end anyway) (not only did they lose MONEY, in RnD, time, silicon, etc., but they lost face, and footing, in the industry, which is even more costly than the actual money spent)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    From the same interview:

"You are using deferred shading. Will there be any chance to get FSAA working with DX9-Level-cards? What about DX10-cards?
    Tim Sweeney: Unreal Engine 3 uses deferred shading to accelerate dynamic lighting and shadowing. Integrating this feature with multisampling requires lower-level control over FSAA than the DirectX9 API provides. In Gears of War on Xbox 360, we implemented multisampling using the platform's extended MSAA features. On PC, the solution is to support multisampling only on DirectX 10."

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I am glad I waited also, nothing like buying hardware you can't even really use and is outdone by newer hardware before you can.

5. The Messiah

The Messiah Member Guru

GPU:
    gf
    Thanks mate. I guess i better start saving for Vista and 9800 GTX.

6. mastershakejb

GPU:
    Uhm, saving? for vista? it's free on **** and **** :p

I've been running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64 bit for free for a while now, and the funny thing is, it's even easier than XP for free. It auto activates itself, auto enters serial key, etc, so it's even EASIER than actually using a LEGIT copy of Vista to install, haha.
    Windows updates no problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  7. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Promoting piracy now. Way to go.

8. mastershakejb

GPU:
    Noooo, of course not, I wouldn't do that!
    I'm only suggesting he gets a copy (and am assuming he already has a legal, legit copy) that's easier to intall with auto activate, etc. :p

9. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    so listing two sites for torrents is just for fun? not for downloading vista.

sounds pretty stolen to me

what do you want to call it? I call it piracy.

10. mastershakejb

GPU:
    Lol, call it whatever you want.

11. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I call it illegal and we don't promote piracy on Guru3D.

12. mastershakejb

GPU:
    Dude, you STILL can't take that hint from yesterday? They had to close a thread because you couldn't take a hint, now your ego or whatever it is really has you caught up eh?

He still is "legally obliged" to own a copy before he downloads one.

13. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    What does another thread on another subject have to do with you breaking the law in the US and then bragging about it on the internet? People like you are who make operating systems cost so much.

14. mastershakejb

GPU:
    Anyway, can you drop your whole "confrontational" attitude towards me in these forums? or are you going to continue this charade until one or both of us get banned?

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

16. mastershakejb

GPU:
    Does anyone know how I can send a message to the moderators?

17. The Messiah

The Messiah Member Guru

GPU:
    gf
    Funny thing is that i already have that "non-original" copy of Vista, but i just dont want to install it since, i dont know what kind of problems i can have. I should have enoug money for 9800 GTX till end of august (of course if it doesnt costs more than 600$) and than i have to start saving up for Vista. Since i go to high school i will get some pocket money, from which i should be able to buy Vista in 2 months. But than there is monitor. I am running my games on 19" LCD and i really want to have 21" widescreen monitor, but now i dont know, which item has advatage. Should i first get 9800GTX, than Vista, than monitor, or any other way??

18. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 + GTX 970
    Dont get anything seriously. Its a huge waste of money. And there arent any DX10 games out yet. Stay with 8800GTX.Its more than enough for DX10 games. You will spend more time tweaking the 9800GTX when it comes out than actually playing. Its always like that. Save that money for something more usefull.

Just my advice.

19. mastershakejb

GPU:
    That's your choice, personally I'd go 9800 GTS, not X, then monitor, then Vista.

I don't spend too much money in any one architecture like the GTX, because they change so quickly. And because you lose more on resale value too. If you buy the GTS of every line, then you have the second best performance, for a fairly reasonable price, and can sell it and upgrade to the next GTS every year for not too much.

20. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x

I miscounted there, lol. Proves my point then 3 yrs is the max i've had a card.

The cpu is stopping the gpu up to 1280x1024(am i wrong) The gpu is in full use after that right?