Official Gears of war PC thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by D_worth, Jul 14, 2007.

1. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    360 games no longer look better than pc.. and the AF on 360 is laughable..everything is blurry 2 feet in front of you.. plus games suffer from slowdown on 360 alot.... dont get me wrong I still own and like my 360 but it doesnt impress me..

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Looks Awsome!

3. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    No but most if its good ones will. Alot of the games (like Halo 3 and UE3 games) requires nothing more than common sense that they will eventually be on PC.

The 360 costs what...$400? Considering that about 90% of earths population already has a computer, all they would have to do is spend a little of that $400 and get some half decent upgrades. Heck, there might even be some dough left over.

This depends on what you consider "good looking". The way games look is nothing more than a visual aspect thats opinionized by the viewer. For some, graphics dosnt even matter. Even then, there are always mods, replacements, and tweaks to help out the visual quality and overall performance. Also, as I stated in reply to #2, all you need is a half decent video card to run most games that are out on the 360 for PC and you can get near, if not a perfect comparison. Cards like the X1950XT and 8800GTS would be prime examples, espically considering both can be obtained for less than a 360.

What all this really boils down to is what the gamer perfers. I think I speek on behalf of a good portion of gamers that its more rewarding to have the optional flexability over the games they play, which is something PC games have. Not only does the gamer have more control over the game, but they have more options to the experiences the PC has to offer (such as keyboard/mouse vs gamepad, stereo goggles, headset vs speakers, etc.).

Dont get me wrong. By all means Im not out to attack or bash consoles. Theyre a quick fix to gaming. What you see is what you get and theyre really simple to start up and get in to. For some, this is the way it should be. But if someone is looking for the best experience the game has to offer and dosnt already have a 360 (or even PS3 in some cases), then they should consider getting some small upgrades and a game pad. If theyre reading my post now, then they clearly already have one piece to the puzzle.

On a side note:

The orignal XBox sales can barely rival that of the Gamecubes, or even that of the PS2's. I honestly beleive that this is because of the fact that most of their credable games (like the 360) are multi platform. Even though many people consider M$'s consoles to be the best, having a good portion of their lineup being released for other platforms only opens and widens the possibility of M$ getting shot in the foot.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  4. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    What most people here fail to realize is that even if the console is a good choice you will still need a decent LCD, TV to view it upon in order to see how good the graphics are. So basically you spend $400 on the system and then spend at least $150 to $250 for a decent LCD which results as a fairly good computer from a standard point of view.

Anyway lets stop with the whole console discussion and get back on topic shall we.
    Now can anyone tell what exactly is the extra content going to be or it has not been announced yet.

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Not true. Graphics have nothing to do with the resolution. An SD TV will display the same graphics as a HDTV just in a smaller resolution. SO it's just not as sharp. YOu don't miss anything or lose effects. YOu just don't get as crisp a picture. Game's the same and will still look better than any last gen hardware. I don't understand what everyone's obsession with resolution is. Hardware effects are what will make the game look good. A high res peice of crap is just a high res peice of crap.
    BUT that is not to say that an HDTV will not improve your overall experience because it will. It's just not as necessary as everyone would like you to think.

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Fuzzier screen = you can't see details (as you said) = inferior graphics

7. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Yeah, i must disagree. Playing games on an HDTV is night and day compared to a smaller crummy SD CRT. I couldn't stand playing FPSs with my friends on their SDs. I'd always be frustrated and ask "How the **** do you aim guys, I can't see ****!!" seriously, halo 2 on an SD small ass screen, in 4 player split-screen is unbearable to me.

On a side note, after watching tv in high definition, I almost refuse to watch channels in SD sometimes, it's just so much worse!

8. atomicskis5

atomicskis5 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi 4850
    Hey, the only thing i rly care about is if this is going to be co-op, a feature very few pc games have, and it really made the campaign alot more fun, talking via headset and actually using sum strategy, and it was also the only way to beat the game on insane(stupid A.I)

9. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I don't see why they wouldn't include coop.

10. xDfieO

xDfieO Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 DCUII
    yeah me too. but they should.heck i bought halo 2 just because it had coop so that me and a friend could beat the crap outta the ai.:smoke: id really enjoy coop for this though but i'd still buy it anyway even though if i cant get it to run on max on my 8600gts. i've always prefered gameplay over graphics :)

11. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    I have never seen a game thats been ported over from a console thats been worth a sh*t :p

Hope i,m wrong , This game does look sweet and wouldnt mind giving it a try

12. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  13. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
  14. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    Amazon.com removed the PC version from pre order list!!!

In the european amazon, it says pre order for Aug 2008 release!!!

Was not this to be launched this year?

15. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia

16. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Its going to be out on November 6th.

17. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
  18. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
  19. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Gears of war will show other unreal 3 engine, how to make great use of the engine. this will be the first unreal 3 engine for pc using 128 bit HDR with AA with DX 10 effect ^_^.

20. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Eh? UE 3 has a native 64 bit rendering pipeline. Are you saying that they rewrote their renderer? Where did you get that info anyway?