Freeze up in Windows...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by r0k0, Jul 2, 2007.

1. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    im getting freeze up to 1-2 mins on windows unless i press alt+ctrl+del my mouse wheel will only work if a page is 100% loaded and i dunno what it could be... or what i could do..?

could it be my 550W SLi not having enough power for my 8800GTX and e6600...?

Thanks r0k0

2. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    Possibly. Or it could be corrupted Windows.

Here's what I'd do - turn on, keep tapping F8, select Safe Mode with Networking. You will have to enter the Administrator password (only Administrator can use safe mode).

Then try surfing to see if your mouse still sticks.

I'm 99% sure it's corrupted Windows and you've got a Nasty gumming up your browsing. If Safe Mode with Networking doesn't exhibit the same problem, it's definitely a software problem, more than likely malware hijacking your internet connection.

3. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    ok but when i play games it runs 100% fine.. dont have problem ust in windows :S

4. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    can i just put the windows cd and repair windows....? because i really dont want to reinstall windows i got too much stuff here

5. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    anyone..!?!

6. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    Can you use the system restore feature of Windows XP to revert to the point where you do not have the mentioned freezing problem? Otherwise you have to format the windows xp partition and do a fresh installation of Windows XP.

Good luck!

7. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    wierd cus it wasnt doing it and i had the pc for almost 2 months now.. and it started to do it :( and im totally not into reformating it...

8. ntfx

ntfx Guest

Could be your psu has been running maxed out for 2 months and is finally dieing, Or like they say, could be an issue with windows itself. I wouldnt recommend that system restore junk, more trouble than its worth, i always turn off that crap.

You haven't oc'd anything at all? I know your definitely into your overclocking...

Ultra X2-Connect PSU's are bad news from what i've read...

9. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    ok but every single thing is stock.. no overclock i was waiting for a new one to o/c if it was windows f**king up it would of did it at first place when i had it right...?

10. ntfx

ntfx Guest

not neccessarily man, May have installed some junk that causes it, adware, virus, something like that?

11. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    i scanned all the time my anti virus which is Kaspersky and i run registry mechanic other than that i have no clue what it could be...

12. ntfx

ntfx Guest

try crap cleaner, enable all settings in it, thats got me out of a fix before.

13. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    got it and its still doing it :S

14. ntfx

ntfx Guest

Either windows is ****ed or something hardware related is.

Best you can do is a format at this stage.

15. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    lol thats the last thing i want to do since i only got 1 HDD now...

how can i hook up another PSU to my pc without the 12v plugged in the motherboard.. i saw it somewhere but i dunno which one to bridge..

16. ntfx

ntfx Guest

not sure, get the thermaltake 250w gpu psu for 40 bucks if you really want to do that. At least the load of your gpu will be dedicated to its own supply. Well apart from the 75 itll take from the pci express slot that is.

17. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    yeah but the 8800GTX demands 450W of power supply.. will the TT 250W be able to support it...?

18. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    anyone know what i could do instead of reformating..?

19. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    guys i've been hacked... they erased all my msn list emails etc.. i get trown out msn every 5 min.. kaspersky doesnt fidn anything... i guess i need to reformat all...!

how can i get my msn list back ...?