why people keep behaving like children?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by morfeus02, Jun 17, 2007.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yep, lol, IBL

2. Waylander

Waylander Guest

tbh, the mere fact that this thread needed to be started says all you'll ever need to know about internet forums...

3. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yes, yes I thought you may have something to say.

With the screenshot thread, I'm sorry but MrFloydian is never going to be banned as he has done nothing wrong. He likes to post Oblivion pictures, that's what he does, and there is no problem with that. I can see that it may be annoying that all he does is post these pictures but it's not like there's nothing you can do about it.

People need to learn to follow rules. They are there for a reason. It has been stated many times that if you do not want to see his pictures that you can add him to your ignore list or just scroll past his pictures. It's so easy.

People can't seem do that though, hence why the screenshot threads keep getting closed and why we felt as a last resort we would try section or temp banning people that can't follow the specific rules of that thread. Do you see how pathetic it is that you just can't see past his pictures and get on with your life instead of moaning about it constantly?

If people can't follow a simple set of rules and choose to ignore them then they are not the sort of users we want here anyway.

Now hopefully you can see our point of view but I don't expect you to.

We also try and handle things in the best way we can. We are only human and this place takes a lot of time and effort out of our free time. No that isn't an excuse I just thought I would remind you of that fact.

4. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh, we did. That ended up with the people that I temp banned re-registering under multiple new accounts to cause trouble. Really pathetic.

Overall it's just easier to close the thread because it takes so much time and effort to sort all the time it's just not worth it anymore. We have tried!

5. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    You seem to enjoy arguing, but I believe you will make no headway here. Considered getting involved in politics?

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Sorry, didnt realise, ip ban might work but dynamic ips would still have the same issues

7. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Amen.

8. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    I cannot fault MrFloydian as a member of the forums and i have absolutely no problem with him posting Oblivion screenies and certainly no grounds to BAN him at all.

i simply added him to the Ignore list based on the fact that i don't want to see the endless Oblivion screenies, not because i have anything against him.
    anyone's asking to Ban mrfloydian should go back to the mental institute that he escaped from, it is a very stupid request, these n00bs need to learn how to use a PC before going on a rampage. :devil: meh