Very annoying Graphics Card Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mxg, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mxg

Mxg New Member

I am really flustered by this problem I am haveing so I am posting in all forums I know for help...Please Read...I copied and pasted from other forums

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=847540#post847540 <<Please read a couple of posts in this thread then read what I am about to say.

So after about 1 and 1/2 months with my new GeForce XFX 7600GS I am starting to get the same problem I was having with the X800GTO card I had before..... Now what are the chances I am having the same problem with both cards especially since this video card is brand new....

I already downloaded and ran Ntune from nvia for about 45 mins and I get through the test with no errors...I even ran the video card stability test and I got no errors also. Oh and lastly I reinstalled uninstalled Driver Cleaned all that stuff and reinstalled the latest drivers but to no avail. The problem is freezing....in games Such as Postal 2, Chronicles Of Riddick, WoW, FFXI and even Mugen.

What should I do ??
    Here is every part I have in my PC right now

Graphics Card
    PSU
    Disc Drive 1
    Mother Board
    Processor
    Disc Drive 2

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    What is your problem exactly? I skimmed through the other thread and didn't see anything but discussion about what video card you should buy.

3. Mxg

Mxg New Member

Basically my PC freezes up during a game at normally after playing for a little while, it freezes randomly not when there is a lot going on on screen. This happened with my Previous Video card which was a X800GTO ATI Card, what are the chances that this happens twice in a row ??

I also added some details of whats wrong in the 1st post.

4. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    What kind of software you have installed?

Try running CCleaner "Issues" tab. Run it as many times as needed to clear all issues. Make sure you save a backup of what is cleared. It'll ask if you want to save.

5. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Honestly, I would just reformat your entire system. You've already made the switch from ATI to Nvidia which is highly advised to reformat then. This would atleast eliminate any possibility of there being a software/driver issue in your system.

6. Mxg

Mxg New Member

Actually I did do a full re-install.

7. Mxg

Mxg New Member

All games have no need for patches except the MMOs but everything is installed right, My Pc is more than up to the required specs that the games require, however while fiddling around in the User controls Panel for the card I've noticed that my GPU is running about 64 Degrees C when not under load I would expect it runs hotter when under load, another thing I read while doing research on this card I saw that XFX overclocks their cards before shipping them out....how do I revoke this ?

8. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    You can use either coolbits registry hack for the Nvidia Control panel or you can use RivaTuner. I recommend RivaTuner as it gives you a vast array of tuning capabilities.

9. RTSAnime

RTSAnime Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800 GTX 256MB
    What are your hard drives? Do you have NCQ enabled on them? Some drives don't implement NCQ properly and will randomly freeze up if you have it enabled.

10. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming

11. Mxg

Mxg New Member

How do I check for this and is there any special way to disable it ? also all my games are running of a SATA HDD if that has anything to do with it. Also not sure if I mentioned this but my Card is running at 64 Degrees when not under load, not to sure how it goes when under load.

About Riva tuner i am not advanced enough on how to tune the registry for it. And finally I am not sure if I mentioned this but my card runs at 64 Degrees C when not under load and I am not sure about when it is under load.

12. Mxg

Mxg New Member

13. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

hmmm i had the same problem as u.

but only when i overclocked my memory on the card.

u overclock? and what ram/how much u have?

computers do weird things. im guessing mobo.

update all drivers. blah blah blah

14. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Where do you think I got the link from?
    So how many amps does it have?
    The highest figure I see is 16a.

15. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    Actually, I see 2-12v rails at 14 and 15 amps = 29amps on this power supply. Power supply should be plenty for his system, unless it's dying.

Edited: NVM...I see you ran memtest and checked HD for errors.

16. Mxg

Mxg New Member

Well i guess it is safe to say at this point that more than likely it is my Graphics card ? I ran Ntune from Nvidia and tried to tune my system but it crashed multiple times, although ntune did say crashing would occur.

But could their be another factor to this video card over heating other than a cooling problem ? like could it be my mother board ? Becuase when I had an Ati card a while back it started to do the same thing, overheat (or so I thought) so I boxed it up shipped itout for a replacement under my warranty and they said the card performed well and no errors under any benchmarks, then they sent the card back to me and lo and behold it works well for a full day then back to over heating....SO ! my question to you is what else could be wrong ? Because it only took this XFX card a month to start to over heat.

17. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Wrong! You just don't add the two together to figure out amps. Post back when you know more about what your saying.
    example: my psu (305w)
    12Va 18a + 12Vb 18a = ? not 36 amps
    18a + 18a = 22amps
    combined wattage on 12v shall not exceed 264w
    264w divided by 12 = 22

18. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    It can also be a system memory problem; faulty system ram or system ram gone bad. Also check the timing for the installed memory modules; restore the memory settings and timing to defaults / their factory settings.

Or the videocard is faulty (mainly faulty video memory); then rma the card.

Good luck!

19. javelin

javelin Member

GPU:
    asus 9280td ti4200 8x
    I had to update bios to get my xfx7900gs card to work.

20. Mxg

Mxg New Member

Hmm I've been here playing Chronicles of Riddick for the longest while since my last post and no freeze ups yet.....Hopefully it stays that way.