Xbox360, PS3 or Wii?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by heads_up, May 12, 2007.

?

Xbox360, PS3 or Wii

1. Xbox360

36.3%
  2. PS3

26.3%
  3. Wii

37.5%
  1. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Good plan. I think a lot of people without experience with the console don't realize how hot it actually gets. It almost feels like a hair dryer on low power. Heat is the number one enemy for electronics. You have a lot of hot components built into a very confined area with little airflow. That's why the unit has such a high failure rate. It would be a decent console other than that.

Of course, you could put some of your PC skills to use. What do you think? This kit with a old Zalman Reserator tower. You'd have the coolest and quietest 360 on the block. :thumbup:

I suppose you could buy one used provided its under warranty.

2. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia 9800 GTX 512M
    Yea I know the power glove was complete garbage :)

And I wasn't planning on going into fanboy mode, but I get kinda on edge when people call my favorite console gimmicky.

Conversations about video games on online forums are very important to me.:nerd:

NOTE: I hope everyone realizes that I was being sarcastic there. :p

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    id go for the wii. i know the graphics suck, but its fat better in terms of game play. i mean the motion controllers are a stroke of genius, LITERALLY:D

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    If you can find one that is. None in stores and the bidding wars on eBay are nuts. Going for well over $300 still and some sellers even want $100 just to ship it! Talk about Wii greed. :p

I've been trying to get one. It looks like so much fun. Plus Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are the only Zelda games I haven't played yet. :)

5. Diernes

Diernes Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 3gb SLI
    PS3, for the simple reason my first 360 broke and was scratching my disks and the replacement has sat gathering dust for the last 6 months as there are simply no games being released which interest me in the slightest.

PS3 will be off too a slow start but I think will end up winning this generation. I will buy one when the new Tekken game is released as its my favourite fighting franchise of all time and it probably wont be comming out on 360

6. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I agree and before any fanboys start crying I'll say this: by Christmas the PS3 will be the console to own. The variety of games due out for it are very interesting.

If by Christmas I'm wrong feel free to flame grill me.

7. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia 9800 GTX 512M
    The graphics are fine. Games like Zelda and Metroid Prime 3 look great. So does Manhunt 2. There has been a rise in developer laziness though, and the reason we are seeing games with crappy graphics is more or less the developer's fault, not the hardware's.

8. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Phew !!!
    Some of the comments were senseless.....

The 360 is a great console..

The PS3 is a great console..

The Wii is a great console..

BUT....the 360 seems to have surprised me the most out of the 3...
    Why , you ask ?

A list of stunning titles I say...
    I wont go about naming all its games...but Im sure every ones aware of it's much talked about list of games..

I hate MS and I hate the 360 as a console...but I like its games alot...right now its the best system one could get !

The PS3 , has one decent original game in my eyes...currently available
    which is VF5 !

The Wii is a different story...its fun , it'll be mind numbing after Metroid Prime 3 and Mario !

Buy the 360 then the Wii and get the PS3 after purchasing the other two..
    If u cant by all 3...atleast follow you purchase list in that order..who knows maybe some day you might !

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm sorry but me personally and other 360 owners I know (including my brother) wouldn't agree with the term "stunning". Obviously it's about personal preference but still, apart from GOW - which most see as stunning - I (and aforementioned, other 360 owners) don't see so many stunning titles out there. And for the last six months absolutely nothing.

How is VF5 original? It's number five for a start. What VF5 is, is the perfect fighting game. Nothing comes close. I agree most PS3 games are crap but most are crap ports! The actual games made for the PS3 (Resistance, MotorStorm, VF5) are actually very good, not great but how many launch games for the 360 were great?

And the future titles being made exclusively for the PS3 will be amazing, mark my words.

Yeah, the 360 - at this moment - is the one to go for but like I said earlier, the PS3 will be the one to own come Christmas.

Watch this space.

10. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    I'm sorry but me personally and other 360 owners I know (including my brother) would agree with the term "stunning".Obviously it's about personal preference but since we play PGR3,Ghost Recon 1/2,Geometry wars , COD3 (COD3 is better then the PS3 version) Gears of War , Table Tennis , Blue Dragon , Boom Boom Rocket etc etc..
    To top all that off..
    Im waiting for Too Human ,Halo 3, Mass Effect , PGR 4 , COD4 , GTA4 , lost odyssey , Forza 2 etc etc..

Now we cant simply create imaganary consoles to prove our point , right !
    So I'll say it again its got a list of stunning games....a list many consoles in the past could only create through their entire life span...

So by you expressing your opinion , you cant enforce the idea that I'm trying to do the same..while I'm simply claiming a console has a list of stunning titles as a comparative...
    The 360 doesn't happen to lack a dimension of games or now does it !
    Its got all the usual and more !
    Those games are great games...and it's happened to create a list of games that could be labeled as something worth considering as of being stunning...becasue of the speed by which it did so..
    Every console ends up having a list of stunning titles...
    The Dream Cast did , the N64 did , the PS1 , PS2 , Xbox did..
    Super Ness ,Genesis and all the rest did...
    The 360's covered what most would use to conclude/deside over a console with...
    The other two bearly have heads and feet to start with !
    I really dont know what people want out of the 360 !
    Good games ? , is that it !....
    Now by your defination a good game is something other then usual....then thats your opinion...
    Any one with a general belief of respecting decent titles would consider those games a tad bit more then just worth while...

You had to take that one litrally , right...lol
    By original I meant VF having a stubborn back ground of leaning towards Sony over a Nintendo or a MS console , thus far..
    So its something worth leaning over....by original I also meant its exclusivitiy with its creative aspect/Oraginality , so its not a rip off of some XYZ title...

Motor Storm :O , Resistance :O

How many launch games for the 360 were good...you say , how many launch games for any console I say !
    Its never in high numbers...I suppose the ps3's been out for more then a month or two right !
    I enjoyed Perfect Dark , Kameo , PGR3 (Having the best car racing game for a launch title , what more could U ask for )
    U probably wanted Halo3 , right....
    What else were you looking forwards to..

The best fighting game in the world in my eyes would be Soul Calibour 2 !
    But if you consider VF5 as better...then yeah thats totally understandable..

11. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't understand what you're saying in half of that post. If I've pissed you off then I apologise but there's no need to fly off the handle mate.

It wasn't as if I was having a go at you personally, merely stating, how people I know view the 360 library. Again I apologise if their and my opinion affects you but hey, that's individuals for you, we're all different.

Chill. :)

12. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    I wasn't angry, you didn't tick or piss me off in any way...lol !
    You could re-read my post just to make sure...
    I was trying to post back as fast as possible to explain why I previously said what you quoted as being nothing more then my opinion...
    Could you post or quote a line where I said something that seemed as though I was pissed off !
    Why would your opinion effect me...I was trying to distinguish opinions from fact in almost every way I could...
    I seriously dont know what your talking about...again...
    But I wont push you further...as I see , I'm giving out the wrong impression..possibly....maybe , apparently even might be angering you for no apparent reason ! :D

I found your post funny...lol
    thanks for the smile btw :D

13. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't worry about it mate, we're getting our wires crossed, that's a negative side of text, sometimes things just don't get taken the way they're intended.

Your rushed format and abundant use of exclamation marks came across as curt. My misinterpretation.

Like I said, let's forget about it, no anger on my behalf. ;)

14. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    u sound like u got good info about consoles.
    regardless of the price and the games, which have better graphics, x360 or ps3,i will probably get a console tommorow,so ur advice will be critical:behead:

15. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    What about a man with a power glove?
    Its so bad! (In all senses)
    Wii seems the best choice at the moment due to the controllers. The Xbox360 and PS3 look great, but are really just faster versions of the old consoles. The wii is a revolution ;). Seriously though, even wii sports can provide days worth of entertianment and you can play with even your non-gaming friends. Its by far the most "social" console. Graphics? Who cares, esp if you don't have an HDTV. The gameplay is more than enough to make up for it. Its like a powerglove that doesn't suck :p
    With current pricing and game availiblity, the Wii is the only one i've bought. The old-school grouch in me likes teh price and the included game. Oha nd zelda :)
    And for POS, nothing tops Sega CD. Firey!

16. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:

As you've asked, so politely; the 360 definitely has the edge when it comes to FSAA and shading but the PS3 can hold it's own. I believe the PS3 will be producing games within the next 12 months that the 360 can't do. Before anyone bashes me, wait 'til early next year.

If you're into graphics alone, I think the PS3 will conquer.

17. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i would have too agree , dont get me wrong i love my 360 as much as the next person but the ps3 is showing early potential in games allready (resistance , motorstorm , VF5) were graphics are concerned , all great looking games and they were launch titles

18. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    I own all three systems and MY opinion is get a PS3. The system is very powerful and with sony working so hard on updates its really starting to stretch its legs. All your PS2 games will look awesome upscalled on PS3 and you'll get a Blu-Ray player for HD movies that will look sweet on your pc monitor ! if you got a 360 you would have to buy their HD DVD player and a VGA adapter which will make the cost just as much or close to the PS3. If you plan to online game Id say go with the 360 ... because xbox live is by far the best online gaming network out.

19. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I think the PS3 will end up having better games than the 360 after a year or so. My roommate last year got a launch 360 and Ended up using it only to play original xbox games because the launch games were so bad! PS3 already has some good games, and it is tough to program for which means games will improve greatly as devs get more familiar with it. 360 has a similar format as PC as far as programming so it's easier to do, but there is also less room for improvement. If You have an HDTV I'd recommend a PS3 because after you factor in a blu-ray player and wi-fi connectivity, a 360 with those features would be $700. If you play online, you can only expect the PS3's system to improve, as it is an entirely new infrastructure, and there is going to be bugs and stuff. My roommate at college had a 360 and aside from good graphics, there was nothing that great about it in my mind. We played GoW once through, and never touched it again. It looked good, but the game lasted like 5 hours and then it was boring.

Wii does seem like a gimmick to me. The use of motion control may take on, but havint to twitch your hand around every time you play seems kinda weird. I like to relax sometimes and play video games, and the nunchuck just doesn't do it for me. Combined with the graphics being gamecube-esque it seems like an overpriced novelty. I have a gamecube and it is a fun console to play with friends, but I got it for $60 with 2 controllers, not $250 with one. When you consider that to really play with friends, you need 4 controllers and 4 nunchuck add-ons, that brings you up to around $500. Definitely not worth that much money.

20. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    i took ur advice ppl and brought the ps3 with three games,resistance,motor storm, marvel ultimate alliance.sadly the last one was a total catastrophy, lvl 2 started fine, just when fire and wreck started to appear in the scene the lvl became all struttery and chobby, horrible gameplay,how could this happen??,im startin to feel like i blow my saving through the window.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007