Global Warming

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Steven Hone, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    ^^^ Couldn't agree more. I'm weaker than I need to be, in that I take the bait every time, and fight back. Now it's a "death to everybody but America rant" (irony in progress)

As I stated before,I don't believe this should even be a political issue, and if the end result of the 'fix' wasn't about cash, it wouldn't be.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    tbh humans have done enough dmg to the world by polluting like every corner ;o dunno bout global warming maybe weve done a bit to help the process if everything is fine 2050 im happy if the ice has melted then well thats our problem then we can't stop it now no matter what we do o_O stop everything and its still too late :eek:

3. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Right here in Northwest Ohio,USA,we have what we call "ozone action days".When the air is still, Humidity high, and temps above 90 degrees f, we are told not to mow our lawns, cook on our grills, fill our cars with gas, or anything else related to fuel consumption. What many don't realize is that the EPA tests our air randomly on these days, and if we fail an air quality test, we are fined, the city is fined, and the federal agency gets rich.This has little to do with the general air quality, as the tests are done at the worst possible time, and the odds are stacked against us.Science? no. Politics? Yes.
    My second problem is with peoples reliance on so called scientific facts, When the scientific community are all vying for federal dollars, Facts get lost in a world of 'headline discoveries'.One lab coat comes out and says Apples are bad. One lab coat comes out and says they are safe. One says eggs will kill you, another says thats not true. Hell, even the scientists can't agree, so why do we find one guys opinion, and cling to it, when the science community it's self can't agree?

4. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    True, I just love a good scrap even if it is with an idiot. God forgive my foolishness and weakness. Remember though when we take the bait outside of this forum it is usually to the person setting the bait sorrow.

Fanatics about global warming claim to be atheists but most are closet Mother Earth worshippers. I find nothing more hilarious then a person who mocks God and then froths at the mouth about the environment. Now get on your knees everyone and pray to Gaia.

I have been looking to change careers. Maybe I'll become a lobbyist for the environmental movement. There is huge money in it and I have lots of experience being full of sh*t and role playing.

I can then have the money to own 2 15000 sq ft homes, a 10000 sq ft vacation home in Mexico, 6 SUV's, a private limousine and a private jet to whisk my a** around the world telling developing nations and politicians to go back to the bronze age to save Mother Earth.

That is actually the best part, the dullards in the environmentalist movement don’t even comment when they see their ‘leaders’, family of 2 living in a 15000 sq ft home or flying around the world in a private jet.

A similar mentality existed amongst slaves in the South 150 years ago and participants in the civil rights movement 60 years ago to present. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007

5. alma

alma Guest

GPU:
    POV8800GT512MB/Dell U2410
    This clearly demonstrates that your psychology studies is wasted time. And btw, when you hear about anti-americanism, you probably can understand why...

6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Heh Heh.So true. Clinton comes to mind also. I remember a huge press conference he did from some forest, where he said all the right things to the greenies. We will save the forests, blah blah blah. Noble cause, yes?What came out later was the pictures of all the trees they dozed, and the black top road they paved, so he could get in there to look for the cameras.

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    So- where are you from? Nobody sticks up for themselves there? Don't worry, I have to work tonight, so rest easy. My tax dollars will support America (notice proper use of capitalization) coming to your country to save your ass from some crisis.

8. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Unless he lives in New Orleans. Then he's f*****.

9. alma

alma Guest

GPU:
    I'm not anti-american but sure the arrogance in imposing ideas trying to pass them as a holy truth and discrediting other's ideas is something similar to the concept of exporting democracy using bombs.

10. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Well no denying that Insomniac.A goof if a goof, and hopefully if there is a next time it will be handled better.This illustrates the classic conservative belief that the federal government mucks things up. When the private sector could do a much better job, they should be left alone to do so.
    For the record, I am wrong Alma.Earlier I complained about bringing this trash into a global warming thread, and here I am doing it myself.
    I stand by my statement, but this isn't the place.

11. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Actually what I learned was not wasted because I came to understand the underlying issues of underhanded back biting cowards and how to best deal with them - directly. The whole group hug thing does not work in the real world.

People hate the US for a lot of different reasons. I have found that when you cut to the chases it is mostly out of pure unadulterated envy and or religious bigotry.

That's another thing I learned in Psych 101. It's very easy to hate someone who is doing way better then you are.

People who are full of hate usually hate themselves the most.

Now back on topic.

12. alma

alma Guest

GPU:
    Nice way to face reality :) The weak point in this is that I met a lot of american people who came to Italy for 6 months or 1 year with AFS exchange programs, 90% of them ended up to be disgusted for what they never realized in all the years spent in US because of the way the media are able to manipulate your mind. Most of them turned out to be the most anti-american. I live well here without guns, I would live il Northern Europe (Norway, Finland, Iceland) which are the most advanced and civil culture in the world under any point of view. My advice is spending some time far from US and try to see if it glitters from the outside as well.

13. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Sounds like weak minded individuals influenced by your media.Whats the diff? If you need to rely on some news anchor to form an opinion, you are a robot.Try presenting that argument to the Italian population in the US.These people came here to find a better life, and be given the opportunity to thrive.
    It seems the difference between the bitter, and the grateful,is ones own work ethic. If you are looking for someone to coddle you, you will probably be disappointed. Now, if you want to achieve success through hard work, and sacrifice, we have something for you. And thats the whole point. You usually get back what you put in.

14. alma

alma Guest

GPU:
    This is completely false since in Italy being anti-american is quite a blasphemy. Media here supports America most of the times, also the leftish ones. Bush administration is something strongly criticized but elder people still remember US for freeing us from nazism. Talking with those AFAS guys I realized that they simply faced a different way to mean reality, that death penalty is a crime, than the world can go on without the guns and that you are not considered a weak minded individual (your words) just because you are not massified.

15. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    So explain yourself. How do 90% of Americans in Italy come to be Anti American? I'm sure they don't just wake up one morning 'feeling different'.

16. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Maybe they miss the spagetti from their country? :D

17. Jason9875

Jason9875 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT
    So far you have brought forth: I am right; global warming is true, antiglobal warming sources are wrong.

Then you demand 'skeptics' must require evidents to back up their views, while so far in this thread you have only cited Al Gore's video.

As for bringing something meaningful to this topic, make me. [​IMG]

18. alma

alma Guest

GPU:
    First of all I didn't say 90% of americans in Italy are anti-americans, I said that 90% of AFS students faced a different flow of information which helped them to make comparisons between two different social models (don't forget whe had also a partially communist period after WWII which is something that US never had to deal with, anyway many social rights here are born in htat period and keep on giving us important rights as a free sanity and education). Then, a great part of them became actively involved in trying to let things change. I can assure you, the real weak people I met between these students were those who weren't able to manage their lives in a place different from home and went back to US after 2 or 3 weeks.

19. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    The more you say the more I understand how little you know. I guess my next question is what's your point? Some people went to Italy and ended up hating the US? If it is even true so? You have yet to make any point since you first directed a post at me and were completely wrong in your assumptions so why don't you get to it. I can tell you why but you already know.

I have spent a large part of my adult life living outside CONUS and I have yet to find anywhere yet that compares with the US. Why do you think people from all over the world including Italy, Naples and Sicily are coming here in droves?

Poli-speak and posturing aside :smile: , do you live in Italy or Sicily and if so where? Italy it is a beautiful country that is full of culture. Rome was magnificent. Do you speak Latin?

20. alma

alma Guest

GPU:
    I just don't like arrogance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.