New Forceware 158.27 WHQL for XP/2000/2003 (x86 and x64) ... GeForce Fx/6/7/8/Quadro

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HamidFULL, May 24, 2007.

1. lito88

lito88 Member

Woah these drivers rock. Getting way better Frame rate in stalker with my 8800GTX.

2. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    I agree, stalker runs so much smoother with these

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

Try downloading the new DX driver from guru3d, it worked for me get them here ---> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1321

4. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080

Thx...but I've already had that. Bottom line these drivers just don't work for me with either of the computers for the lost Planet Demo. Someone stated you can't judge the driver on an demo or any 3DMark test. I don't agree, I'm not saying that anybody or I should relay on just that. I'm just saying if a driver doesn't work on a program,a game, or any other issue, then it just doesn't work. For some, this driver works great, but for others it does not. A lot of us have read many times, for whatever reasons, some drivers, hardware, overclock's, etc., work for some and not others. Computers are just funny that way.
    I found another set of drivers that work, with no issues. I'll stay with them until another set comes along, and I'll test them.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007

5. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    that demo has issues, simple as that

6. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    Ditto - it hard locks me after about 15 seconds of gameplay w/ an nv driver error. Everything else I have works fine.

7. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    These drivers are working well for me on almost all games. I was using 93.71 64bit and I am now getting slight increase in performance, I also had flickering grass on some maps in BF2, but that is now gone. The only game Im having problems with is Operation Flashpoint, its locking up my pc after about 2 mins of play. I know its old as hell :) but is anyone else successfully playing OFP with these drivers?

ps is it possible to make nTune remember your GPU overclocks on startup?

8. Gonzo7

Gonzo7 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 GTX480
    most of the lads reply to ntune questions with installing rivatuner and using that to set clock and fan speeds :)

9. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    oh, I didnt think it was safe to use RT with these drivers as they are not supported. But I should just ignore that message?

10. Ryan Williams

Ryan Williams Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    The old panel is there as a legacy option, and an 'official' way to enable it was dropped shortly after the new control panel was introduced (hence why you need a registry hack to enable it).

The old legacy panel was not and is not intended to be used indefinitely, and you cannot rely on Nvidia continuing to add the same features to the old one that they do to the new one.

Why a lot of people don't seem to understand this is beyond me; it can't be enabled without hacks for a reason. You need to start moving away from it and towards the new panel, regardless of what you might think of it. Otherwise you'll eventually be outright forced into it once Nvidia completely remove the code that facilitates it, which might sting a little more than making the decision yourself earlier. :)

11. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Yup -=Seany=- you can ignore that RT message. All it really means is that it hasn't been tested with these drivers. I've never had it screw up on me yet but that isn't a guarantee that it couldn't do.
    It could be with a new driver nvidia have changed the registry entries and then it wouldn't work.

12. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    These drivers are good (as far as i've tested) ... the performance,IQ is pretty much the same as 160.02 .. performance is definitely better than the older drivers .. plus this plays Quicktime HD too :p unlike 160.02 ...

13. sazerty

sazerty Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 8800 GTX XXX
    This drivers work very well on my 8800GTX, better performance under games than the 160.03 (stalker, oblivion, lost planet demo, ...) but i can't open the control planel ???
    i want to try this setting : http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=23173&d=1167621509
    because the openGL game (prey, quake, doom,...) not work well.
    some time i can't launch it , and when i succed by reboot the pc the game not work as well than the D3D game ???

i've instal again the latest nvtune, now the control panel open but only with the nvtune menu....

is someone encounter the same trouble ? or that came from my XP old install (1year) ?
    do you try open gl game and app ? do you find it working well ?

any help wil be appreciate

thx

14. sazerty

sazerty Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 8800 GTX XXX
    And i forget to speak about far cry ...

[​IMG]

it's really suck with this drivers on my pc :

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Do you try this game with this drivers ?

15. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    LOL! Valve is going to ban your account for that.

If that were CS:S, they will say you were cheating with wall hack.

To solve your problem:
    Turn off your wall hack for Far Cry.

16. sazerty

sazerty Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 8800 GTX XXX
    LOL, if only i can :)
    someone try far cry 1.33 with this drivers ?

17. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Far Cry works fine for me with these drivers (though I am running v1.4)

18. sazerty

sazerty Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 8800 GTX XXX
    i update to 1.4 now all is ok :) thx

Edit : That work one time second launch do the same :'(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  19. MacWun77

MacWun77 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX @ 621/972 Air Cooled

New to stalker here, played for the 1st time 5 minutes ago! I like it and it runs fairly smooth, but I am seeing artifacts when it rains? I'm guessing this is a known issue...so what I'd like to find out is whether these drivers elimate that? Currently using 158.22

20. h4mx0r

h4mx0r New Member

GPU:
    XFX 256mb 7600GT
    <3 this driver. I am finally able to play Splinter Cell: Double Agent without crashing a single time over two hours! Incredible!

However, in a sad twist of fate, I may need to revert. I can't watch videos! avi, wmv, and all the other video files. I can't watch them! No matter what I use, WMP, VLC, and others. I get only blackness and only audio. It's not fun to listen to movies : /

Anyone know a fix for this? I really really wanna stick with these drivers.

Oh, and Im using a XFX 7600GT.