my new 2900xt DONT WORK !!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by danylati, May 30, 2007.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    aw man, how irresponsible of diamond to make such an unsecure packaging :(

2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Yeah, I'd do that too, that packaging looks real flimsy to me. Hell, they simply stuck a Diamond pic on a plain white box - no foam or slots to fit and securely hold the card - and shipped it to you. Let them know in no uncertain term that they should bear the cost of the replacement.....no mater how costly or cheap, they're fully responsible for this sad state your card's in. If you feel you're handicapped and can't express yourself well enough, come here and we can advise you......I've got a few choice words and phrases all ready for them.:behead:

3. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati HD 2900XT Saphire 512Mb
    yeah but i think meabe they sende a replacement card with same package conditions and meabe i get the same result i prefer a refund form amazon and buy anoter brand i speak with amazon and they say ther is no problem they make a refund but the period is 2 to 4 weeks will be a vaaary long witing period time any one have some experience making a refun to amazon

4. squirrel007

squirrel007 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080

I was thinking the same thing. I was impressed with the Sapphire packaging.

Diamond used to be a pretty good company. I don't know what happened to them. Was there even an anti static bag for the card?

5. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Well if diamond would replace it, it still would probably take 2 weeks so your outta card for 2 weeks either way you look at it. Sucks ballz when that happens cause i had the same issue with my psu. My gaming rig was down two weeks for the psu mishapes. Best of luck to ya.

6. 12M_Marshall

12M_Marshall Member

GPU:
    ATI HD2900XT
    call diamond directly and have them read this thread....

(541) 967-2450
    they are here in my neighborhood.... i'll walk it to their door and shove it up their :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

7. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    taths will be a good idea

8. Dil-Tech

Dil-Tech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 4850 1gb
    This kind of thing happens unfortunately, doesn't matter what company you choose, or what chip maker for that matter.

My first 8800GTX(on my second one, which is fine) had bad ram, but it didn't show up until the second day, and it only showed up in games. Luckily for me eVGA had a cross-shipping policy.

I'm sure you'll get everything worked out man.

9. GZJ9000

GZJ9000 Active Member

GPU:
    H387Q512NP2 @864/2502
    Judging by the pics, they didn't even put the card inside of one of those shield bags, that's irresponsible, beside the box doesn't seem to garantie that the "handle with care" kinda thing will be respected.

They should be the ones that need to pay the costs of shipping considering the price of that card.

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080

do it man! do it!

11. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    So disrespectful, they should do it the old way "Your money or you life" is almost a robbery!
    That videocards are really heavy, and misshandling them shurely would cause problems in that crappy packaging.
    Hey, i'm from argentina, and would give you an advice, since we must save a lot to buy hardware: Don't ever buy first generation technology, or recent launches, specially if you aren't loose on budget.
    I did it twice with pcs (i have computers since 91') and finished losing a lot.
    For directx10 cards, it should be much healthier to wait at least for 2nd generation cards. New products came at a heighty price plus, are intended for enthusiast (i'm enthusiast about gaming system and would really like a powerful x2900) and so they charge accordingly.

Sorry to go a piece in spanish.
    Te la hago corta muchacho, si conseguís la devolución del dinero, pensa en otras opciones, yo me armé un equipo con mucho esfuerzo (mas de un año) y tuve que viajar para adquirirlo, al regresar la placa de video estaba fallada (no inicializaba 3d!) y tuve que esperar días para que me confirmaran que estaba en garantía y volver a viajar, comprendo como te sentís.

Pero eso no quita que sea tremendo el esfuerzo económico que estás haciendo para tener una placa de última generación que salió hace menos de un mes!, perdés mucho dinero y se deprecia muy rápido.
    Armate de paciencia (se que cuesta mucho), y armate una solución a mediano plazo. Yo esperé 7 años para armarme la pc (las especificaciones que se ven en mi perfil) y son todos componentes robustos, comprobados, y la última generación de placa de video para directx9, me aseguro de jugar con máximo detalle y me costó muy poco en comparación.

Espero que te sirva de algo mi experiencia, cuesta vencer la ansiedad por estos productos tan tentadores, pero tener paciencia paga bien.
    Saludos

12. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    i sended the card to amazon, now i need to wait my refund.

and im thinking to buy an 8800 GTS 320mb, or buy again the 2900 ?? i dont know, the GTS is more cheap

13. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    Personally i think it's a smarter choice, given the case that you can save money for future upgrades, and the card does perform great.

14. tweakboy

tweakboy Banned

GPU:
    ASUS AX800XTPE@550/1215Mhz
    Man, I feel bad for this guy, The GDDR3 on the card is busted. U usually get those lines if u OC the memory way up, Yours is happening permantly even on reboot. Soo definitely its the card. I suggest you return it and get your money back.

Then buy another vendor ATI 2900XT ,, Because man Diamond is bad news.

I remember back in the day before 3D was even out, these guys made video cards. But they went out of business, but it seems as tho they have popped up again! ,,,

Thats also ridicolous for Diamond to blaim Amazon, I say screw Diamond, Get what this other guy on this thread has,, PowerColor I believe! ,, gl,:behead:

15. Dil-Tech

Dil-Tech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 4850 1gb
    Go ahead and go for the GTS for now, and save the extra money for your next upgrade. :approval:

16. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    i agree go with gts

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    PowerColor FTW!:giggle2: But seriously, Sapphire or Asus (comes with STALKER + Black Box) or MSI would be just as good (may even be better due to bundle). I went for PC simply becos it was the first with HD 2900XT here in my neck of the wood. Anyway, here're a couple of pics for your enjoyment -
    [​IMG]
    Finally, in my rig running CF mode!:approval:
    [​IMG]

18. tukm

tukm Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
    Looks to me this is NOT a REAL retail card that you received. By the looks of the box, it looks like its not from diamond...I am guessing you bought it from a reseller that use amazon. I think the card you got was a total scam. Diamond DOES NOT make boxes like that. If you look at real product, the whole box is red and have stuff written on it, not a white box with a cover sticker..that looks like its going to fall off.

I think they took a dead video card, screw on a cooler that looks like the hd2900xt and send it to you. The card itself may not even be a hd2900xt at all, just looks like it.

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It seems to not be the case, I saw pictures of it on other online stores and almost all shows a white box with a cover sticker

I'm feeling very sad 'cause I just bought one. When it arrives I'll post here if the box looks like the danylat's one or the retail box like the picture below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]