Is WW III Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Foxbat25, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Uh...If it's not a Pro George, or U.S.A. thread, then neither is it an anti George, or U.S.A. thread. Try to abide by your own rules.

I Support The U.S.A. no matter who is in charge. Do I always agree with the leadership? no.It's nice to have that freedom though.

2. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    lol, so true.

Certain countries in western Europe have a long history of apathy and appeasement when faced with outside threats. The notion that evil can be appeased and the belief that that nothing is worth the price of war almost cost them everything about 70 years ago. All I can say is that it's a shame the lessons of history seem to evade you people.

We in the USA hear your hateful words about our country and so do our children. Be careful of the bridges you burn and with whom you ally yourselves or you may end up on the wrong side of history - again.

3. mike41

mike41 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    lol germany only lost cuz it was the world vrs them

anyway back on topic

major pwrs are us and russia

how is uk world pwr

I see the us doing this

once midd east and oil is good
    CHina is next because of their communism and **** like labor. Let em live how they want. After that russia because of the nuclear weps and they are a energy SUPERPOWER. yes they have alot of natural resources. Or even north korea

but us/russia would be a sick war. itd be cool fighting

4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    According to the BIBLE CODE ( Nuclear war )WWIII will happen this year.
    -Yeah right..........but who knows.I dont.

5. mike41

mike41 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    seriusly whered oyu read that?

6. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    When will all the bull$hit about US going into WWII just to save Europe's ass finally end...?
    Every damn historian out there will prove you easily that going into war was in USA's best interest. Your leaders at the time fully knew about the Japanese plans for atacking Perl Harbor and did nothing to prevent it because they wanted the support of the american people for going into war.

7. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    The cause is just but the problem is we are not fighting a war. We are engaged in another useless police action in my opinion. In war you completely and utterly destroy the enemy and then you worry about everyone getting along. You don't fill out a form every time you fire your weapon or worry about the enemy’s feelings or religious beliefs. You kill them and their families too if they get in the way. If we are not over there to first crush the enemy and then pacify them then we have no business being there at all in my opinion. This feel good 'war' is only serving to embolden our enemies and make the US and its allies look weak.

When I was in the military under Bill Clinton I followed the lawful orders of my superiors and did my job to the best of my ability even though I knew the things I was doing were a complete waste of time and resources.

I'm a civilian now and I have the luxury of disagreeing with our leaders. Thank God I live in a country where I can do that.

I can't believe this thread is still open. The admins are probably working on a ban list. :behead:

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    i dont think so no
    why would russia try to attack us

9. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Lets put this straight , any country with a modern army(AirForce/Army/Navy) and nukes is a world power (Russia/China/France/UK/India/USA/even Israel) dont get confused with the term Superpower and world powers they are independant

And war is never cool. And to be honest it would take the rest of the world to go against China without nukes. Any occupation there would be 100000000000 times worse than Iraq is now. And to be honest there is no reason whatsoever to attack any of the nations you have listed (at the present time)

If you comment was made in jest then I apologise , but seriously thats one of the more rediculous things i have seen posted on here.

On a side note , even with the missle shield and these new missles the possibility of M.A.D (Mutually assured destruction) is still 100%

"The only winning move is not to play" (Wargames 1983)

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  10. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Any day, any forum. I'll make you look like a fool in a debate.

Good God, some of the baseless and factually incorrect leftist drivel being thrown around this thread is simply amazing. Living in Oz must be rather pleasing to some of you.

11. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Aww I had hoped this political stuff would stay out of the forums. I do disagree with Bush's policy, but that should not be a reason for someone on a forum to attack someone personally...

12. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I was just responding to an insult, I've said my peace.

13. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb

Look at me, I know more than you and can boast about my knowledge of politics!

Oh and attacking members personally isn't very wise.

14. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Quite a few years ago i heard of the BIBLE CODE and i looked into it and it said something like nuclear war 2007. Stuck with me ever since.

15. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    The Soviet Union does not get the credit it deserves for WWII. They took the brunt of the causalities and did most of the fighting for most of 1942, 1943 and 1944. However the Soviet Union got most of its food, raw materials and military equipment to fight from the United States.

Remember also that Germany and Italy had conquered most of Europe and North Africa BEFORE the US even became involved in WWII. England would have been finished off if not for US supplies.

By 1942 and 1943 the US and its allies had pushed Germany out of Africa back onto the European Continent. In 1944 the Allies had built up a sufficient force of men and materials to invade Europe via France.

On June 4th 1944 the Allies (US, English and Canadian Troops) invaded Europe in Normandy. By May 7th 1945 (11 months +/-) Germany was completely finished and the war was over in Europe.

My point? Those of you in Europe would likely be speaking German now if it was not for the direct and indirect intervention of the US and its economy during WWII.

In the Pacific Theater the US pretty well handled that one on their own with a little help from the English and Aussies.

Name 5 credible historians who believe as you say.

16. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Actually there was very very little resistance after WW2 in Germany. The ***** regime literally disappeared over night. The wining powers divided the country into quarters... (+ Berlin).
    British, French and American parts combined together. The British helped start up VW, making and selling cars, with much disagreement from the French and US. That part of Germany was very much peaceful given the circumstances. And with Zero insurgency. Americans, French, British and Germans were actually having street parties in Berlin (many babies were born 9 months later.... probably).
    HOWEVER the Eastern half of Germany which the Russians controlled ruthlessly from the outset (which is what you think should be done in the middle east)... become a communist state and funded terrorist groups which performed terrorist acts on West Germany and Europe throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's.
    Western Germany become one the foremost economic, democratic world powers. Eastern Germany became a sh!t hole communist state.

17. nogig

nogig Banned

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS

Theres an old saying about how you cant win an argument with an idiot........

18. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    The Russians raped and pileged their way across Germany after the war. They did their part in fighting, but let themselves down after.

The US charged for their help..... that's hardly something we should be thanking you for. You were out to make a buck. I believe us Brits have actually paid you back now though so...... You think we should be thankful for some credit?

edit: Actually that's a little harsh..... the US people gave up their lives. That's something to be thankful for.... I've got no beef with war heroes.

19. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    Please stop insinuating that anyone who disagrees with neo-con foreign policy is some sort of fanatical left winger, its quite insulting to people of the right who don't agree with the foreign policy decisions made by our current leaders.

20. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    What is your definition of "almost no resistance"? There were a lot of terrorist acts by former Nazis in Germany after WWII. Lynching, bombings, sabotage, murders, assassinations, armed incursions you name it. This went on for years after WWII was over. The same things happened in Japan. Those who had been in power tried to rally the people to throw the Allies out but the people had enough and knew the resistance was hopeless. Eventually members of the resistance were either hunted down or killed outright or they got their heads out and decided to get with the program.

At least we agree that any Communist country is a sh*t hole. That’s a start I suppose. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.