Support for R600 ?

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Zenoth, May 14, 2007.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Will ATT support R600 at its current latest version ?

If not, when can I expect it to support R600 ? I think it's supposed to be available starting from tomorrow, or at least sometime next week. I simply don't like CCC, and I'd be ready to wait for ATT to support the HD 2K series before actually buying it (if the waiting ain't too long of course).

Thanks.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    And you will wait :) As I know ATT at this moment will not support R600 at all. And I don't know when and how I will be able to add support without hardware.

3. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    mind if i ask. what is the current version of ATT now?

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Last beta version 1.3.6.1041

5. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    thanx

6. Iron99

Iron99 Member

GPU:
    8800GT \@700/1750/1900
    I'm also MORE then willing to wait before buying the 2900XT for ATI Tray Tools support for it.

If only AMD/ATI knew how bad CCC sucks...........

Thanks as always for your great tool for ATI V-cards. You Rock Ray :)

7. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    ccc works fine idk what people do to think its bad ..

8. Yusuke

Yusuke Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E 16x
    I don't have any problem with how CCC works, it's just that it's a bloated piece of .net framework code. They seriously need to rework it to be less bloated and faster responding

9. AlmostEvil

AlmostEvil New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1900XTX 512MB
    I think it's pretty shocking how you aren't getting any hardware, ATT is the best tool for ATI cards out there. (easilly better than ATI's own CCC) And yet you're either having to fork out the cash out of your own pocket or hope people are generous enough to buy you a card.

ATI (now AMD) is a multi-billion dollar company, I think the least they could do is help support the community who support them by giving something back. Giving you graphics cards or systems would cost them next to nothing and yet give a LOT back to the community by added support for their own cards.

Someone should start a petition on digg or something to get AMD/ATI off their laurels and start giving back.

10. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Just let me second that :cops:

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I can't agree more with him as well.

Now that I've moved with NVIDIA for at least a full year, if not more, the thing that I am missing the most is ATi Tray Tools. I couldn't wait anymore for a system upgrade, and after much thought on the subject I believed that the best course of action was to get myself a GeForce 8800GTS.

I came here asking if Ray could support R600, which quite honestly would have been my number one reason to actually move on and ignore the atrocious power consumption and inferior A-F of R600 and buy one. Although it would have been an impulsive purchase more than anything else. I was saddened to see that Ray needed the hardware to make ATT compatible with the new ATi/AMD generation. The least they could, or should do is to provide a temporary support, in other words, sending Ray an HD 2900XT for creation purposes, and then after perhaps a generous deadline to ask Ray to send the card back. And then to actually thank Ray for his efforts, for AMD's own consumers on the graphics side of things, give Ray some kind of discounts or something for future or current products.

They could do it, but they won't, and I'm not sure if you guys understand it, but it's also a question of egoism. They (AMD/ATi) are certainly telling themselves «If that Ray guy thinks he can or does better than us he can go see elsewhere if we're there». I wouldn't see some ATi guy in charge of the official Catalyst Control Center come up here in this thread and say something like «hey guys you know what ? you're all right, we didn't know how to create a proper drivers-exploitation interface and we all think Ray makes a much better job than us, but because we're paid to do just what we do and because we've got huge egos we won't support him in any way, shape or form, sorry !» ... I mean c'mon. Anyone right in their mind knows ATT is technically better than CCC on all fronts. It provides more features, is configurable like no other tools out there and is efficient at doing what it's supposed to.

Now, I myself am with NVIDIA, and I had to find a bunch of tools to fit my needs. I ended up with the famous RivaTuner, which I must admit does a pretty neat job. But its interface is ... is ... erm, let's just say that it could be better.

I say this to you Ray: I miss your tool, I miss the talents behind its creation. If NVIDIA and ATi/AMD could both support you officially, and if you actually agreed to create tools based on such support, I would be in heaven, and all the NVIDIA guys in the community that never touched nor even seen your tool once would surely understand why we despised CCC so much and always ended up recommending ATT when someone asked for guidance and information in an ATi-related thread. Good bye, and I hope that your skills will be recognized and admitted by those egoists (and I do mean it for both the green and red sides of the medal).

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  12. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    That might never happen, ATi (AMD) doesn't give a damn on peoples opinion about their software. I've riched at this conclusion after seeing a petition against CCC and NO answer, not even the old CP as an alternative.

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    And never will. Big corporation never think about people. Only about money.

14. vekiq

vekiq New Member

GPU:
    Ati 5870 1gb
    well, corporations do not care, true, but here is solution.

We want the tool, we need the tool, you need the card, simple, let us all put money where our mouth is and get money together and buy the card for Ray

Ray can find card he wants to buy, more of us contributes, less it will cost us each, and we will have tool we want.

Lets get it done