How do you cool you 8800?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by biglonglenthman, May 21, 2007.

1. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    Hello boys and girls :p

Well through someones suggestion and some curiosity on my own part. . . id like to know how you guys cool you GTX/Rig.

Post some pics this is how I'm cooling mine at the moment but im going to improve on this a bit as I've had some inspiration since the taking of these photos :D
    Also any photos about your clever cooling solution thats not to do with 8800's then please feel free to add it ;)

You can see the 3 Fans i have blowing on my card there.
    [​IMG]

And this is just a close up so you can see its cools my NB and my GTX ;)
    [​IMG]
    So there you have it :p my case cooling on my GTX with the fan speed @ 80% and some AS-5 ;)

....Please no pics bigger then 800x600 unless they are thumb nailed as they make the thread stretch and i hate that lol :)

2. sakis213

sakis213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia eVGA 8800Gtx
    Try pci slot blower, it will drop the temp 2-5 temps i think

3. giorgos th.

giorgos th. Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GX2
    i have a custom water cooling kit for my 8800 - E6600.
    36C idle right now,no more than 47C load.also a 9mm fan blowing on the decoder chip with a small heatsink.

[​IMG]

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

5. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    Thermalright HR-03 Plus for mes... never goes over 55C on a 650/2100MHz clock

6. sakis213

sakis213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia eVGA 8800Gtx
    Nice temps:)

7. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    ^^ well those temps are certainly low :p do you overclock that GTS?

8. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    it mite look like the cables are all over the place but the case is a smoked acrylic and all the cables (except pci-e) are flat against the back panel.
    temps are 40c ish idle , full load (few hrs gaming) 46c ish.
    the 120mm fan is blowing onto the card and i placed another 80mm fan on the outside of the case extracting out through the spare pci slots on the case.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  9. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    Well i have to say. . . thats a nice looking rig, i like the fans ;) just use a bit of thought and ya ram doesn't burn up,
    As for the W/C how much did that cost you? and how long did it take you to set up the first time you ever W/C'd because im looking to invest some money into it but just a little skeptical thats all :)

10. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC

11. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
  12. giorgos th.

giorgos th. Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GX2
    650/1728/1000 for 24/7 usage / 684/1782/1053 for benches.
    Unmodded card.i just modded tha shader domain clock.

13. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    the total cost of the wc rig i have was approx 250euro.
    this is the 3rd incarnation of the loop as i was on amd when i 1st got the parts.
    the setup does not really take that long but the planning took forever and a day.
    its good to plan your parts and get all the dimensions sorted so you know what your gonna be dealing with when you get them.
    tbh the easiest root to cool your 88 is to get an all in 1 cooler (dd or ek block) but i think the best solution is to use a seperate core block and isolate the heat from the core from the rest of the cards components.
    im using a swiftech mcw60 block on the card. you can purchase a kit from swiftech with heatsinks for the other components included but i would not recommend this as the io controller chip gets quite hot with passive cooling and requires a bigger hs than that wich is included in the swiftech kit.
    im using a hs from an old gf2-4 card (not sure wich model) .i lapped it to p1200 and used artic silver glue to stick it on and its very cool now with the fan blowing over it.