New beta version

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    considering i just got this crash again on fresh newly installed SP2 system too i guess it's something else ...

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Thats bad to hear. I have 2 years old WinXP and no issues at all. The problem is in ATI memory management driver and I don't know how it can be connected with ATT. At what time you got that error? What you did exactly?

3. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    like i said it happens (rare RND) when starting game / fulscreen d3d9 application OR when you alt tab out to desktop & try go back

reverted to 1034 so far no crash

will see what happens after 7.5 release ...

4. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD 2600XT, 256Mb
    New Issues...

Hello and sorry for my english...

I'm an italian user. My system is:
    Intel C2D E6300 O/C @ 2.8GHz on Asus P5B, BIOS v.1202
    Sapphire X1300XT, PCIe, 256Mb
    WinXP SP2 with all the latest updates.
    :vader:
    I've used ATT without probs until the update from beta 1009 to beta 1041. Today I've installed the ATT 1041 and now I can't O/C my Radeon correctly. If I select "RightMouse -> Hardware -> O/C Settings" I can't select the O/C Method (i see only a greyed "driver level" voice). If I try to find the Max frequencies, at every step the memory's freq is DECREASED instead of INCREASED. After some frequency's decrements, the video hangs (but NOT XP because I can listen again the background's sounds) and i can ONLY press the shutdown button.
    What's happened?!?
    :bash:

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Gulliver_69 - Look in atitray.ini There are you will be able to enabled low level overclocking mode. But ATT doesn't support X1300 memory overclocking in low level mode.

6. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Real X1300XT?!?

Hi, Ray... This sounds strange (sorry again for my english). With old versions I haven't any probs between my video card and the GPU/MEM low level O/C.
    Do you can tell me if you've entered the above menzioned limit only in the latest releases (I've ever used the LowLevel option)?

**Update**
    Thanx for your support. I've followed your instructions and I continue to have both GPU and MEM overclock under Low Level O/C. Do you think possible that my video card isn't a X1300XT even if the label on the PCB says that?
    The ATT System Info says:

Display adapter number: 0x71CE
    Core Name: RV530
    SubVendor: Sapphire 174B
    SubDevice: 0840

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. ATT doesn't have procedure to overclock memory on X1300 at all!
    Yes :)
    "Radeon X1600 Pro / Radeon X1300 XT" = ati2mtag_RV530, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71CE
    You have RV530 core which used on X1600

8. drauthev

drauthev New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT 256MB
    :s

Sometimes, when i start ATT with Windows startup, it's closing automatically. I have a startup profile, which includes Frequency, Fan & Voltage settings. After ATT spins up the fan, then close. Anybody else have this problem?
    (& sorry for my english :look: )

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Change start up type from Registry to "Start Up folder" in general settings of ATT

10. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Voltages...

Hi, Ray...
    Do you can tell me whats are the differencies between the various rv530 models (rv530, rv530 LE, rv530 VE etc...)? I've searched the web (google docet) about this but I haven't found any info. :bang: I would to know this because ATT can't O/C my GPU over 594MHz (550 is the default), but on the net I've read about this GPU and it should reach 650MHz without probs. :confused:
    I've seen also that ATT can't modify the voltage of my X1300XT/X1600 PRO. Do you can suggest me a BIOS editor that can modify the voltages?!? I think that the O/C's stabilities issues can be solved with a little voltage increment.
    :cheers:

11. drauthev

drauthev New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT 256MB
    2 Ray: It's working! Thx a lot![​IMG]

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No :) I'm not ATI :)

Who told you that exactly your board can reach this value?

Thats because your board doesn't have any voltage regulators.

13. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7350LE 128
    I am a newbie when it comes to overclocking.....
    What is the difference between Rivatuner and ATI?
    I have an Nvidia card...
    Do they both work?

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT is only for ATI, RivaTuner can be use with nVIDIA (full support) and ATI (only Overclocking/FAN and monitoring no driver 3D settings)

15. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Ray i reinstalled but with beta 1041 i keep getting the same error upon restart. Everything is fine before rebooting after a fresh reinstall of ATT. Going back to 1034 game profiles are back and problem is gone.

This is on vista x64 BTW...

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't have X64 to test ATT so there are can be some incompatible issues.

17. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Well I have moved from xp x64 to Vista x64 and I havn't had a problem with ATI Tray Tools. Havn't noticed any issues yet with games I play or with movies.

18. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hi Ray, Video card is x1900xt,

Been using your utility ever since I've had my radeon. I have been having a problem for a while. When I do a fresh install of drivers, do some overclocking, get all the settings I like ( no IQ settings changed ), my card works flawlessly in all games. Then when I change something like AF or AA manually through ATT two of my games get heavy display corruptions. These two games are FarCry and supreme commander. The only way to fix it is reinstalling my video drivers, which is a very big pain, setting AA and AF back to Application controlled simply doesn't fix the problem. Also the program has trouble sometimes swithc Cat AI on and off when opening games like oblivion and BF2 /BF2142 when I want AF enabled, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't, which is proving troublesome.

Using windows XP, has happened with every display driver I've used, and every version of ATT.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Check G.I. option

20. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Cheers, thanks for your time.

Thread Status: