It's true. 8800GTS is a perfect Quadro now (3DSMAX9 ONLY!!!)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Bluefirexp, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Leonid

Leonid Active Member

SQ antiprotection ? I don't hear about.
    - "ForceWareAntiprotection" = "nv4_mini.sys antiprotection.rts".

ELSA Quadro FX1100 works slow with "Bit 6=1" in "OGL_App_SupportBits" (except AA-lines parts ("Unigraphics" for example) of OpenGL performance tests).
    It's normal, because "Bit 6" is a part of "ParaSolid engine" optimization in NV driver Quadro path. (High precision calculation? Disabling high-speed for OGL tests? May be...)

2. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    BlueFireXP or Ingine or any other guru,
    can you send me a howto ? I know you don't want to spread the info but well, can I have it ?

3. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    i don't need the extra performance in opengl :smoke: , i just need to run maya without limitations (such as visual artefacts when using paint effects). please continue your work and post results.

4. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    just installed nvidia driver 158.16 (link found in guru3d forums).
    i have imported my previous saved nHancer profile and gues what ? i can now enable overlay. i can now use paint effects in maya without those annoying visual artefacts :banana:
    http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/481519_overlay.jpg.html

5. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Great news!
    Excellent work! :thumbup:

6. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    great work so far guys... i too wondered about the older scripts and i am glad they are coming back. I would love to help out with this progress as soon as finals are up.. i don't have a 8800 but a 7800 but if it works for one it should work for the other.

keep reporting progress and again good work.

7. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    Hi,
    does anyone who succeeded able to install maxtreme over ? If yes, is there any change ?

Thx

8. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    tested ok with 165.01.
    but for some reason i have to disable anti-aliasing to have overlay working. no performance gain with this, no other "quadro settings" enabled. maya profile imported using nHancer and a nvwsapps.xml file from an old quadro driver .

9. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    I was away for some days. Will test the Quadro-mod with the new drivers now

10. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    It's a known hardware limitation. You can't have FSAA when overlays are enabled but on a real Quadro FSAA is rarely used since you can enable antialiased wireframes instead. ;)

11. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    those who wanted to know how to mod are PMed now ;)

12. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    8800gts mod

great news.
    thx.

13. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    the mod works, but i see no improvements in opengl apps, we need opengl protections removed .
    who can do that ?

14. e_marfrielliano

e_marfrielliano New Member

GPU:
    7900gt
    Very nice softmod since i'm stuck with my old 79gt and thinkin replace to oldiest 6800ultra.
    Can 8800gts 320mb softmod too?

15. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    well as i stated- only 3dsmax and future autocad 2008 (powerdraft D3D) users will take benefit from that mod. And that's what is enough for me. :)

For all the others - protections in OGL is something, that only Unwinder himself can bypass. Maybe he will do that, maybe not- but as he stated in the past, it's just not fun to bypass protections again and again for every new driver. So don't be too optimistic about OGL.

16. INGINE

INGINE Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Quadro 2800m
    anyway the Quadro mod doesn't give that much performance diff., not worth it, and the 3ds max 9 extension for Vista DX10, is pretty much slow, 3 times slower than XP DX9, pretty much, i'm back to XP again.

17. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    i don't know what you expected- but you get more than +35% in wireframe mode with maxtreme (as you can see in my benches) with the mod. I can clearly see the improvement in my project files also. This IS a huge difference for me...Of course you don't get the 10x frame-difference like in OGL- but this is due to the alredy strongly optimized stock D3D.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  18. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    quadro drivers aren't released as many as for geforce, maybe those can have protections removed

19. umungus78

umungus78 New Member

GPU:
    leadtek 8800 GTX
    hello everyone

BlueFireXP :
    can you send me a howto please ? I have a 8800 GTX, is it possible to turn it to a quadro FX5600 ??? I am working on max9 under vista64..
    thanks for help

20. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Sorry,
    the mod is not compatible with Vista64 until someone tells us which are the coresponding files for nv4_mini.sys and nv4_disp.dll in Vista64. Besides, it doesn't make any sense- Vista D3D in 3dsmax is so incredibly slow- i wonder why anyone should bother running his stuff in drastic slow-motion. I tried Vista with maxtreme and it's MUCH slower than XP without maxtreme.

btw, with the new RT 2.01 you get true stability in the mod now, due to corrected DeviceID-setting. ;)

However, for those who run OGL Appz:the OGL protections are still present, even if your DeviceID is 19E(Quadro FX4600) or 19D(Quadro FX5600). Seems the driver can detect the mod...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007